Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post

• Bonus XP and PvP XP (for normal XP and AA)
    I am not sure I like that. I do not like it at all.
    I don't know about others, but I play the game because I enjoy playing it - not just to reach some mythical "end game" as quickly as possible. As other people have noted reach the "end game" quickly just means you tire of the game quicker - unless there is a steady stream of new content arriving, which we all know isn't happening for AoC.
    The road to level cap is an important and fun part of the game which should not be skipped.
    Level gain is quite fast as it is - one would have to skip significant parts of the game in order to not outlevel other parts it before one has even started playing them.
    Bonus XP will just mean we will speed past half the game while barely noticing it.

If you do start to give out bonus XP, then please also provide some means of temporarily slowing down or even stopping XP gains so we can level at a slower pace if we want. I want to do content on-level, not doing while I outlevel it by ten levels making it all trivial.

As regard other changes, I have yet to see any explanation for why the account-wide purchase option that was available for many items has been removed - especially inventory increases.
    Nor for why a great many cosmetic items have in effect had their prices raised substantially. Adding NEW items to the gilding vendor would have been fine. Great even. Moving existing items to the gilding vendor - not so great, unless we do indeed get many more ways of of obtaining the tokens.

Selling high-level gear in the store is NOT a good way of increasing the number of players who can join in raiding. Gear is just one thing needed for raiding - experience is another, especially important for the higher tiers.
    If you had made the early raid-tiers easier and increased chances of getting gear in them, that would have been a much better idea than this. Then people would have had an easier time obtaining both gear and experience, while still having to actually work a bit for it. Obtaining the gear from actually playing the game is much more satisfactory than just buying it could ever be.
    (This goes twice for buying instant level 80 characters - unless you require that the player already have a level character of that same class.)

In short - please roll back ALL the store changes, I much preferred the old one in each and every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    I hope you have fun I really do,just remember to close the lights when you've done since soonish there wont be anyone to play with.
    In my guild which is one of the oldest guilds that left, a nice amount of us have canceled our payments with subscription ending really soon while some even uninstalled the game,I believe its the same with other guilds aswell!
    more "games dying" soothsaying...im sure you and this "vet guild" heard it all before and kept playing......do these changes REALLY make the game LESS fun? cmon..

I want more people to play the game so that the community is large and there are more people for the current community to play with. A single player MMO doesn't sound that interesting to me Also more people playing keeps the revenue of the game high which directly impacts how much development budget we can spend improving the game.
    These changes won't accomplish that. If anything it will make veterans quit leaving any new players without anyone to play with - making them too quit.

Hello!

Thanks for all the feedback on the store changes. I wanted to take a moment to answer some concerns you have raised. We will take your feedback into consideration and will incorporate that into future updates.
    So that means nothing will be done about this now.

First up is the membership changes Romain has mentioned in his Game Director’s letter.
    Where is our GD? We have heard from him maybe twice all year, doesnt something as critical as this warrant the GD's attention & response?

Since we launched the Unchained version of the game we have had a lot of feedback on the free-to-play version of Age of Conan. We really want to improve the experience for both free to play players and members! One of the biggest complaints is that if you purchase the expansion and drop your membership you can no longer use the expansion. We will be removing the membership requirement to access any of the content that you have purchased.
    Unchained was 2011, so its taken 5 years for you to listen? What sort of geographical time frame are you working on, the dinosaurs may return at this rate.

In addition to the above changes members will receive the following bonuses:

• Bonus XP and PvP XP (for normal XP and AA)
    • Free Teleports – Members will receive a stipend of teleport coins each month
    • Increased Token gains from Raids, PvP, and Khitai tokens (excluding rare trophies).
    • Increased Faction gain
    • Purchase AA with time starting at level 20
    • Double rewards from Unchained Caches
    • Members get a free AA point per level gained
    • +7 Characters slots
    • Increased Quest limit size
    • Unlimited gold capacity
    The vast majority of those "perks" arent required by long standing members & seem primarily aimed at new players, also they do nothing to counteract the introduction of higher tier gear in the store.

Members will also be included in a Loyalty Rewards program. After you have been a member for 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360 days you will receive an exclusive Loyalty item. Additional rewards will be added for every 180 days of membership past 360 days. We will start revealing these rewards in the next few weeks. Finally, we will be lowering the price of the 30 day membership!
    Is this retroactive? Also is it going to include items that you have removed from the store, vanity, pets etc as a way to buff out content?

We will also be introducing a daily login bonus and daily challenge system that will have free items for everyone (F2P and members). The daily reward bonus can be claimed once a day and includes shop exclusive items like the new shop potions, teleport coins, resurrection potions, gilding tokens and a lot of other great items. The daily challenge system will include a list of challenges that will reward you with similar items to those listed above.
    I personally have nothing against the idea of a daily log in reward/tasks etc but it doesnt help disregard the changes you have made, if the game is becoming P2W/lockbox heavy in a similar way to Trions Rift then no amount of daily rewards will get me playing. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysthammer View Post
    do these changes REALLY make the game LESS fun? cmon..
    They certainly don't make it MORE fun.

A...
    you haters are just upset that the gap bewtween yourselves and others who don't have the time to invest as you do is closing....haters are the kind of player that needs a leg-up over the competition to remain competitive, if forced to play on even playfields I'm sure their pvp "prowess" wouldn't be as it is.....the current pvp system promotes 24/7 grinding as opposed to skill and FUN PLAY to acquire gear....pvp should be about the actual pvp fun and NOT an endless grind. NOW players can start out at a reasonable point in progression and be fully functional in no time, as it should be. I've been on both ends of the spectrum...massively OP vs weak opponents, and massively outmatched due to gear....NEITHER is fun. its the balanced matches where both sides collide on a line and brawl, one barely edging out the other are the games that are most fun, even draws like that are fun...I doubt any aoc pvper would dispute that.

as for pve I cant comment a whole lot cuz I really don't have the time to acquire all the gear needed to "qualify" for high end raids.....I would love to raid once a week if I had the adequate gear.

everyone just settle down.
    If that would be why "haters" are upset, why are so many advocating for a grind reduction ingame or less ingame prices? This might be a good alternative for you concerning the pvp items, but you are not the majority (and the changes are far more and more affecting overall game design (existing and future) than just t2 pvp, which was doable in a lifetime already if you did quests, events and minis) and your one time investment will not give funcom enough money compared to constant influx from a true membership and shop revamp.
    And if everyone would settle down, they might as well settle down somewhere else. This surely can not be in funcoms interest or in the interest of active players?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    If you do start to give out bonus XP, then please also provide some means of temporarily slowing down or even stopping XP gains so we can level at a slower pace if we want. I want to do content on-level, not doing while I outlevel it by ten levels making it all trivial.
    Something like a *Convert xp to Gold* mechanic would be awesome. It I wanted to stay at level 39 forever, I could just turn that setting on for that character, and have fun with no worry of accidentally hitting 40, and I would still be gaining something from playing.

more "games dying" soothsaying...im sure you and this "vet guild" heard it all before and kept playing......do these changes REALLY make the game LESS fun? cmon..
    Yes , if someone wants to get it , they should earn it. It's simple
    And gearing 1 toon doesn't even take too long , especially with t3.5 and t4 hit hard by the nerfhammer .

But well .. I assume there is people that want to be milked
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

more people for the current community to play with. A single player MMO doesn't sound that interesting to me
    Play with?

I can't play with friends in minigames. I need to team up with retarded noobs, the kind of players that probably will buy your caches and attend raids with raidfinder. So good luck with the release of that feature.
    Also more people playing keeps the revenue of the game high which directly impacts how much development budget we can spend improving the game.
    About selling AA boosts, which is totally fine imo:

Maybe more people would buy the AA boosts if not over half of AAs were useless! My AA tree on hox isn't 1/3 way filled out, but already Im maxxed. Are you aware of this state of things?

Why are you selling so much boost items, promoting we'll get more AAs as members, but when in all actuality we don't need them cause of 2/3rds of AAs have no use what so ever.

Just a tip. It's about time to fix things. That's how you make people stay and play. And with a working game, maybe people would spend money on interesting things within.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 10th June 2016 at 18:45.

Default any help to find new tab in Teleport window?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    The Access Passes tab needs to be first.
    there is no any 3rd TAB in teleport window - only old two "
    http://imgur.com/78PRyxq
    Locked Dungeons --- and Access Passess - need tp coins!
    No Premium TP tab - only this two =(