Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

@nophex

* what people want to buy"
    WELL made vanity gear An eks on what iam NOT talking about is the vanaheim vanity helmet "shivvers" its just horrible Infact vanaheim as a hole looks like either sloppy work or someone not getting the time they needed to make it good...

* A vanity preview on your char before you buy anything whould have been nice to have
    and the option to buy single pisces so we can mix and match without having to buy alot of diffrent sets to get that 1 pisce you want from that set

* iam all for making it a little easier for newer players The key word here is "little"
    a new player is not suppose to be able to catch up to someone that have been playing this game for 6, 7 or 8 years just by snapping their fingers (or creditcard)

* Price
    "The value of a lot of these items are new and their usefulness has been increased compared to the items in the old store"

Hmm the first thing that poped into my head was ******** but iam ofc not going to write that in here
    as i have mentioned before "I was under the impression that you guys got the investment you needed last month"

A price increase like you did here is done for one reason and one reason only... Yep your right Its to squeeze as much money as possible from us... Just dont grab all of it and put it into another game plz

To me you just look greedy

* A couple of other things while iam ranting
    Set Bonuses - plz have a dev play diablo III a month to learn how to do this
    Market - have a dev play eve online to learn how this should work

And no i dont like Pay To Win and you guys should stay faaaar away from it...

Quote Originally Posted by BHJk View Post
    @nophex
    * A vanity preview on your char before you buy anything whould have been nice to have
    and the option to buy single pisces so we can mix and match without having to buy alot of diffrent sets to get that 1 pisce you want from that set
    And no i dont like Pay To Win and you guys should stay faaaar away from it...
    The old shop had some kind of preview system. You could buy single and accountwide (vanity and bags). Still got no valid (and not rude) idea why anyone would nerf "streamline" this. It should also be worth to mention again (others did it before), that if you buy ingame, the items do not go on claim, but into inventory. Then you need a lot space to be even able to unpack and store the sets. A big nerf compared to what we had before (a working and rather convenient system).

I do not mind pay2win so much as in i do not mind others buying better gear. But this usually comes with "bad for all" game design choices, we have already seen in the past and an increase in grind you can only counter with new "consumeables" or "extra sub value boost".
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th June 2016 at 22:13.

Just read the nice list of revamped membership bonuses !Keep adding nails to that coffin Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    Good luck with finding new subscribers.
    lol good luck with keeping your long time paid members who bought all the expansions and yearly scripts , etc.
    Sounds like bean counters running the show. that means death to any business. Depending on how this looks I don't know I will reup my sub next may.
    Last edited by kingkrom; 14th June 2016 at 01:39.

it would be fun ( although not efficient clearly) to organize a protest in front of king conan castle

imagine 100 people in various instances with shout bubbles REMOVE P2W SHOP FELCOM!!!!! and spread screenshots in mmo sites
    Last edited by sardanapal; 14th June 2016 at 07:33.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    it would be fun ( although not efficient clearly) to organize a protest in front of king conan castle

imagine 100 people in various instances with shout bubbles REMOVE P2W SHOP FELCOM!!!!!
    Now imagine half of them wearing t5 gear they bought via that p2w shop!

because thats exactly what'd happen

57 pages of disappointment, wow...

I unsubscribed about 2-3 days prior to this patch and I'm happy for it. I know I'm an addict to these games and it felt pretty good to walk away though not for the first or second time!

I feel like I'm going to repeat other people's comments here but Funcom just does not understand its own game and subscribers. It knows that the people who are left are heavily invested into this and this is a seriously cynical cash grab to get the last bit of goodwill out of us. The best thing for everyone to do is to unsubscribe and don't spend a dollar more. If in a months time Funcom listens come back to the game and continue on. If that doesn't happen I can assure you that as an addict of the damn game myself it is a great feeling to just walk away.

Funcom doesn't know their own game because they think giving out T4 or T5 gear will get people ready for T6. It's long been my experience that you can pick the great players from the rest (not necessarily bad players, but not-great players) by how they look at gear when raiding. Some will absolutely insist that you need 'top tier gear' to join high level raids - those people aren't any good, it's as simple as that. Sure, put two great players together and the gear is a significant factor, but the difference between T4, T5 and T6 isn't overwhelming - and certainly T5 is NOT needed for T6. I'd pick a strong player in Khitai purples over a terribad player in T5 every day of the week, regardless of class. Instead of 'preparing' players for high level content it devalues existing raids, sets up unrealistic expectations for the next raids (sucky players will still suck even if in T4/T5 gear) and T6 won't want them. It is a blight on AOC and people do not want pay2win. Did you know you can gamble a legendary ring now? Real money only of course.

I wonder what the outcome of this will be? The community is small as is, 24 man raiding is too old school for me nowadays (I find it awful which is why I left), and I'm not sure the game can afford much more fracturing of guilds. If Redd from Tainted Souls leaves, and various key players from other guilds... well, that might just about sound the death knell of serious raiding in the game.

I can't say I'd feel sad for it given this cynical cash grab at their last, devoted players. If this is what Funcom want, I say goodbye because they sure don't care about your goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    57 pages of disappointment, wow...

I can't say I'd feel sad for it given this cynical cash grab at their last, devoted players. If this is what Funcom want, I say goodbye because they sure don't care about your goodwill.
    I also feel sad for those from funcom forced to argue in favour of these changes. Like watching an impeding car crash or people forced to saw off the branch of the tree they sit on.

As with the shop changes with membership now, they mostly took out the good parts and strengthened the bad and fishy ones. Veteran points were expandable currency that deserved the name, currency only available by subbing (they scrap them because they want to sell mounts in the shop and empower the 30% khitai grind bonus). 10% off the shop and funcom bonus points were also real value for money (they scrap them so subs are forced to use the overpriced shop too, more control, less options). Offline levels are seen by funcom (and some players) only as means to get to 80 fast, not as a means to control your levelling and react to ingame events. So they take away the positive aspects of them (being able to spend a few to skip annoying levels or to use them to join a group or raid) in favor of the bad (race to 80, again to sell instant lvl80 chars and progression consumeables).

Trying to boost shop sales is not despiseable, combining it with nerfs and insane pricing is. A professional would create a product with value for money and do some advertising as well as reacting to the market situation. They treat customers like addicts overlooking the obvious choices, even for addicts after enforcing too much: "keep paying, become criminal or quit". The positive choice for the company (keep paying) is only one outcome and depending on pricing not necessary the likeliest one.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 14th June 2016 at 08:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I also feel sad for those from funcom forced to argue in favour of these changes. Like watching an impeding car crash or people forced to saw off the branch of the tree they sit on.
    Oh yes, this.

It must be heartbreaking for the last few devs (or dev) working as much as he or she really can and then, through no fault of their own, watch on as the whole thing just runs right off the tracks with a pay2win cash grab like this.

And so it begins....already have a noob player went and BOUGHT 2 t 3 sets and believes he is ready to go take on MC and Sheng...good grief. You can NOT buy gear to make you a better player. If you suck, you simply suck. This is a bad idea FC, and the fail raids will not go up in even larger and higher flames, able to be seen from Old T from Piakang.

I get it's about the cash flow, how about you simply improve whats broken in game now, and has been since launch. This is not going to go over well, as seen in these forums with the PAYING subs...no VET wants to "buy" the win.
    I'm sorry, I spent every last point I had, and refuse to buy more until you look at this again from a subscribers POV.