Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Oh noes, this is why we have squares in the item shop now as well They outsourced the shop to microsaft ...
    You know how microsoft got its name? Bill Gates' wife said it on their wedding night.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Ice View Post
    And if you are going to offer items free and have daily login benefits then please make something time related also as there is a big difference between a player who logs on daily to collect the daily bonus and a player who logs on daily and PLAYS.!
    I can see the future complaints now:

"Why do I have to log in each of my 17 characters every single day to claim their free items! This is too much work!"

"It takes 20 minutes when I have to deal with authentication issues and game crashes when relogging!"

That said, it really will be annoying having to log in every single character each day to get the freebies. It would sort of be nice to have a "Claim Freebies on all characters at once" Button somewhere so we can get straight in to playing how we actually want to play.

For all I know, it won't be a problem because it will be a "You can claim freebie on only 1 character each day".

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    That said, it really will be annoying having to log in every single character each day to get the freebies. It would sort of be nice to have a "Claim Freebies on all characters at once" Button somewhere so we can get straight in to playing how we actually want to play.
    Seconded.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

I...
    "It takes 20 minutes when I have to deal with authentication issues and game crashes when relogging!"

For all I know, it won't be a problem because it will be a "You can claim freebie on only 1 character each day".
    It actually takes longer depending on connecting and locale...the whole thing becomes ridicolous if you look at the argument brought forth for "streamlining" the shop, "so we can go back to play the game as soon as possible". Hot-Ice is right, logging through is work and very different from actual playing, logging in and claiming once for each char without relogging (like it has been possible in the OLD shop) is better. Giving the rewards on claim stacking up as soon as ONE char of the account logs in for all chars is even better. You want to know what real life people play the game, not how many bots and chars are still active, do you?

@Shax84: Took me a while, but
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th June 2016 at 21:21.

I can see the future complaints now:

"Why do I have to log in each of my 17 characters every single day to claim their free items! This is too much work!"

Now I see it, from my crystal ball, there'll be a scroll which decrease "Logging Out" to 3s. for only 6375 fc points.
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    Now I see it, from my crystal ball, there'll be a scroll which decrease "Logging Out" to 3s. for only 6375 fc points.
    HAHAHAHAHa. Oh dear....

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    The amount of whining, QQ, and overall angry bitterness reminds me so much of last year with Shadows of Vanaheim.

People were crying then and threatening to cancel subs, yet amazingly enough those same people are STILL here and in THIS thread, once again crying, moaning, and being angsty.

I guarantee this will be exactly like last year. I bet a good half of the people in this thread are complaining, and buying up those boxes like hotcakes. Just like last year.

Point in check? Need I remind you of last year with an entire guild screenshotting their "protest" with over half of them wearing the shadow of vanaheim helm????

T3 Gear is and has been obsolete for years, and for everyone crying about this being sold in the item store killing t3, I hate to tell you all this.. T3 was killed when the world boss came out with dropping rare relics, t3esque weapons/accessories, and t3 relics.

Honestly. You cant even use t3 gear to go into t4 on most classes because of the lack of critigation.

The way you're talking is infuriating. If you let funcom do this, next you know they have their hand directly up your arse scavenging for any signs of money. Do not let these twats have any head way with this ****ery.

You all are trying to convince someone that is not playing their own game, they don't know what's really needed to be done, they just do stuff because they "think" it's right because of some "data" they are collecting somewhere and in the end they gonna realize they failed again, for a countless time now.

People asked for so much stuff, and so much stuff were promised like craft revamp, unchained mini games, new mini games maps, revamps of mages, cross server mini games(doubt anyone remember it still lol) i probably could do it for very long time but it will not matter in the end anyway, all we have is being scr3wed again. all we have is paint job itemshop revamp, LEL.

I am mostly PvP player but i don't mind paying a sub if i will get something in return, yet i don't see point doing so anymore "double" tokens ? for what ? i already have all the gear i wanted/needed for PvP without need of it, yet i had my fun doing so and earned it hard way. T4 PvP gear is in game files since years now, why it wasn't introduce to us ? why we didn't received any new PvP maps, does it really take so much time to even copy and paste some already existing areas and make it a PvP mini game map ?
    Last edited by Vouga; 10th June 2016 at 21:39.

Quote Originally Posted by stefoo2 View Post
    The way you're talking is infuriating. If you let funcom do this, next you know they have their hand directly up your arse scavenging for any signs of money. Do not let these twats have any head way with this ****ery.

And you act as if I'm forcing people to click "buy" on things, which is also infuriating.

I'm just stating an obvious truth. The same people in here whining about this, whine about things all the time, threaten and throw tantrums, and yet amazingly enough, stay here and continue buy funcoms products.

Funcom's hand is already directly up most of these peoples arses and HAVE been for years.

If you don't like it, oh well. No one's forcing you to play, unless you believe I also have that power to force people to level toons and raid.

Let me add my personal feedback to this thread.

A little bit of background: I have started playing a short while after launch (July 2008) and I've always been subscribed so far.
    Most of my playing time is spent raid leading. I've been leading raids for 8 years now, and my profile is a bit peculiar: I lead a multi-guild group and I don't aim to build a top-of-the-line raiding guild. My tag line has been "bringing nabs to raids they have no right joining" and I've kept faithful to this line since I've started leading. Currently banging our heads against T5 Champion of the Honorguard, after wiping over one year at T5 Vistrix, also due to the loss of several veterans.
    I also do play PvP minigames as a side activity though, so I experience most of what the game has to offer.

So in a sense, I've been trying to do part of what you're trying to do with the introduction of the high-power gear in your shop:

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    2) Why are you selling so much power in the store?
    There are two main reasons for this. The first is that raid participation has been decreasing over the past few years and we were receiving a lot of feedback from new players that they found it hard to get up to the point where they could contribute in the higher Tier raids. We wanted to make it easier for our newer players to catch up with people that had been playing since launch. The second is that we will be releasing the Raid Finder very soon and we want to make sure that the amount of people that participate in that is as big as possible. We have some pretty cool rewards lined up to give out with the Raid Finder so it is important for us that we have a large healthy community participating in it.

So here's the thing: while it is true that higher tier raids require decent gear, this is not what stops new players from contributing successfully in them. The biggest problem by far is the raid design itself.
    From T3 onward, a new design philosophy has taken hold in AoC, which works like this: the boss has one or more mechanics which target "the weakest link in the raid chain" (mostly by using some spell or ability targeting a random player in the raid) and if the person targeted fails to properly react, it leads to a raid wipe.
    It started in T3 with Hathor-Ka's miasma and Arbanus' Blood Draw, but nowadays it has been extended to several (if not most) of the fights in T3, T3.5, T4, T5 and T6.
    This means an inexperienced player can come with whatever gear he wants, but if he fails to understand the fight or if he's just too slow to react, he *WILL* wipe the raid, no matter what he's wearing. This will be a very bad experience for everyone involved: the other players will get angry at him and kick him while moaning about the lost time, while he will be kicked out and feel miserable and maybe get discouraged from joining again.

So if your aim is to let new players join higher tier raids, you have only two realistic paths:

A) nerf everything into the ground - but this leaves the good groups without nothing challenging to do
    B) create an "easier difficulty" raid instance and let this easier instance be the one used by the raid finder

I don't know what's the feasibility of option B given AoC's current resources, but if you want to pursue it, me (and other players) will be more than happy to give you the necessary information in the Testlive forums to properly implement a multi-step raid difficulty.

As for the subscription model and shop changes, here's my two cents:

- New bonuses for sub holders sound nice, but final judgement will have to wait until they're live to check the details
    - The new shop UI looks badly out of place in the game
    - I don't mind the T3 gear. T3 is mostly obsolete now and it does indeed meet your purpose of letting new players be "ready to go" at least as far as "toon status" goes. Experience however cannot be replaced and will lead to tears, unless you implement the multi-difficulty raids
    - T4 and T5 gear in the shop is overkill. T3 is more than enough to do current T4 (which has been nerfed). T4 gear is more than enough to do T5, and a new player has no business doing T5 and T6 raids anyway due to their extreme difficulty. You might think about introducing T4 gear in the shop once T7 is introduced (if ever) and T5 nerfed as a consequence.
    - T2 pvp in the shop is also overkill. But if you wanted to make things right, you'd introduce the "unchained" minis which were promised so long ago (pvp minis in which you have "fixed" gear which is assigned at the start of the mini, to equalize players and reduce the distortions introduced in pvp by the excessively powerful T4 pve weapons).
    - the pricing model seems off. I won't claim any marketing expertise, and I have to assume the people in Funcom working on this matter know their job. But the prices in real world money of most of what you're selling are in the tens of euros. This is not a micro-transaction and won't trigger many impulse purchases, if any.

And a desperate request: I know you're working with what resources and priorities are given to you, but please understand that for many veterans, whatever goodwill they had has been long spent seeing this game so brutally and perpetually neglected. If you do get some money out of all this, try to reinvest at least some part of it on new developments for the game, instead of it being diverted to fund Funcom's other properties.