Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrible Latency

Default Horrible Latency

I wonder whats going on with the AoC servers.
    For a bit more than 2 months now , when i play on prime time (20:00-23:00 CET) i almost always have something between 250 and 400ms. Hardly ever below and when , then just for a very short time.
    Lagspikes are up to 3k-4kms

Right now its 1:30 CET ,usually a time , when even recently the game was almost lag-free for me.
    Unlike today: I just played a mini with 600-800ms and every few seconds there were lagspikes reaching up to 5000ms.

As i said thats going on like this for a bit more than 2 months , before that it was pretty stable at 150-180ms at any time of the day.
    However this is quite annoying and making the game unplayable.
    Its definitely not from my side as i also see other people talking about their weird latency and when i log to a different game i have a stable connection with a latency between 50 and 80s (dependin where the servers are)

Has that to do with the rage-merge, even tho this issue has occured before it actually happened , or is everything working as intended and some people are just unlucky `?
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

You should check the routing used by your ISP.
    Short cuts make long delays.

And defragment your SSD. Lag problems usually are related to fragmented SSDs, according to top level Funcom technologists.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    And defragment your SSD. Lag problems usually are related to fragmented SSDs, according to top level Funcom technologists.
    I never heard SSD ever need defragment, but rather doing so harms its lifespan. Since it has limited writing numbers (?) and SSD intentionally distributes data for faster reading speed.
    Last edited by Lehudib; 2nd June 2016 at 07:19.
    the who obsessed with stonesoup ;p

It was sarcasm.

Defragmenting your SSD will kill it, as everyone knows, except FC staff apparently
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

It is not on his side!

For exapmple, last Tuesday we had two huge lag spikes (far more than 10 sec. red lag) before our raid start in different zones. And that is just an example (confirmed by everyone already in ts). In minis I usually blame someone hacking (and fc for not doing anything against it).

So yes, latency issues gut worse.

Jokes aside, Anzu might still have a point there though, at least if "only you" are affected, but other players from same country aren't.
    I had similar problems a while back and tried a friend's VPN - it helped.
    My ISP started routing traffic to FC-Servers on different routes, using nodes of some certain provider all of a sudden(not sure, think it was Telia), which resulted in effectively doubling or quadrupling my ping, coupled with horrible spikes. I tried it with VPN - problem solved.
    For me these issues luckily didnt come back so I didnt bother using VPN any further, and since I don't have time to play atm I can't judge if it got worse for me, too.
    Slackjoint, hit up Shainah when he's on, he can help you out.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 2nd June 2016 at 09:57.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Hedge View Post
    It is not on his side!

For exapmple, last Tuesday we had two huge lag spikes (far more than 10 sec. red lag) before our raid start in different zones. And that is just an example (confirmed by everyone already in ts). In minis I usually blame someone hacking (and fc for not doing anything against it).

So yes, latency issues gut worse.
    Nobody said it was on his side, please calm down. Some ISP tend to route their traffic through the cheapest routes available at one moment, and it usually leads to high latency, lost packets and degraded service.
    Short cuts make long delays.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms READYSHARE [192.168.1.1]
    2 30 ms 25 ms 26 ms 71.207.32.1
    3 23 ms 11 ms 11 ms te-0-0-0-2-sur01.fairview.pa.pitt.comcast.net [68.85.42.89]
    4 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms te-0-8-0-3-ar03.lancaster.pa.pitt.comcast.net [69.139.194.37]
    5 31 ms 23 ms 23 ms c-69-139-168-13.hsd1.nj.comcast.net [69.139.168.13]
    6 31 ms 27 ms 28 ms he-4-5-0-0-cr01.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.94.165]
    7 36 ms 35 ms 37 ms unknown.Level3.net [63.210.62.49]
    8 57 ms 50 ms 49 ms vlan52.ebr2.Washington12.Level3.net [4.69.146.222]
    9 44 ms 43 ms 43 ms ae-5-5.ebr2.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.143.221]
    10 43 ms 39 ms 38 ms ae-4-4.ebr2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.69.132.102]
    11 31 ms 31 ms 30 ms ae-22-52.car2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.69.156.38]
    12 * 297 ms * GAME-HOSTIN.car2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.28.188.22]
    13 514 ms 599 ms 405 ms fw1-nj4.game-hosting.com [37.18.192.4]
    14 698 ms * 607 ms dm09-nj4.ageofconan.com [37.18.192.43]

This is a typical trace route when I have Latency issues. As the first 11 hops are "normal" and only those on the server host side are "bad", I tend to think it is NOT on my side and my ISP is not to blame. I have logged on to 2 different computers using 2 different networks (One via my Comcast only and the other using a VPN). The results are similar. Good up until the last 3 hops. The only difference being one less hop total using the VPN.

Now I know that not all nodes/servers accurately report back ping results, so the results can be a bit misleading, but still....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast