Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: COMING SOON: Membership Revamp

btw how soon is this membership revamp coming? i want to sub but don't want to miss it
    meh...

You can read it here and here.

As I said, what's the source? Because right now, this

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    During the development of TSW the development, work and bugfixing on AoC stopped completely.
    is obviously either a lie or some wishfull memory rewriting. And impressions of the players are nowhere near close to an official GD announcement.

Don't get me wrong, Funcom did not do right by AoC. But I love accuracy, consistency and healthy debates too much to let unsourced claims go unchallenged, especially when it's easy to prove them untrue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Funcom did not do right by AoC. But I love accuracy, consistency and healthy debates too much to let unsourced claims go unchallenged, especially when it's easy to prove them untrue.
    Can't happen - people from Funcom don't appear on this debates (because they usually lie or don't care), and without them we never find any truth

You should read whole messages instead of only parts of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    But what you fail to understand is that there were indeed promises made by Funcom, and that there have been and are bugs in this game that were and are so damaging to the game you won't believe it.
    Well, I guess I've not encountered them.

I have read many posts on things that happen in PvP, but as I don't do PvP, I will, most likely, never encounter them.

(And I don't think you progressed far enough in the game to run into the big bugs, and for the no smooth criminal part you might want to inform yourself better.)
    Probably true. My highest lever character is only 63rd, so I've a ways to go until 80. But, with a level cap at 80, why play past that? Never liked level caps.

As for criminal, are there criminal acts by FunCom? I mean actual acts, not just perceptions by disgruntled players.

During the development of TSW the development, work and bugfixing on AoC stopped completely. Every player noticed that immediatly, because at that time there actually happend development, bug fixing and so on, on a more or less regular basis. When the players took their questions about this to the forum, they got an OFFICIAL answer from the GD: That every work on AoC was turned down to a minimum because every hand was needed at TSW, that indeed the income from AoC was used to create TSW. He apologized for content not beeing delivered and bugs not beeing fixed. And then he explained how AoC will profite from all the work done on TSW, eleboratly listed what we can expect to see once TSW was live, because everything they developed for TSW can be easily ported to AoC. So he asked the players of AoC to support Funcom during this hard time, because in the end we will get so much more out of it then just a little bit content or bug fixing. I am not making this up, this promises were made to calm the crowd and to regain customers trust.
    I had heard complaints about work going towards TSW. A shame, because TSW is a far inferior product. I had high hopes for it, so I bought a copy, but, upon playing it, found it missed the mark I expected for it. Especially, after the really nice character creation system in AoC, I found the version in TSW to be highly wanting.

Anyway, I don't really see money being raised via AoC and then used in TSW as something to complain about. It's like if I complained about the money I paid Ford to buy my F-150 going towards developing a new Mustang. I mean, once the money's in the company's hands, it's pretty much theirs to do with as they see fit.

That being said, however, I do feel that money should not be removed from AoC's budget to the detriment of the game. If something needs fixed, it should be fixed. Maybe don't make the new update, but certainly fix any problems.

I had not heard about stories being told by the game designer - I assume that's what's meant by "GD" - merely to gain trust. However, from what I've read in these forums, it must not have worked out too well. I don't detect an awful lot of trust for FunCom.

And I think we actually saw something from TSW...like....what....eeeehhhmm....YES! Two different looking werewolve enemies who could jump really cool and a pumkin (?) thingi boss in the halloween event on Conarch.
    I never saw either of those, but I must say that I don't see the value of porting TSW material to AoC. Two entirely different genres.

And that, my friend, is how you do not treat your customers. I am all with you when it comes to the choice thing. But as a customer I make my choices by the infomation I have at hand, and the information Funcom gave us during the development of TSW was in big parts a lie.
    I agree. But, the only real recourse is to stop giving them your money. However - and, how this whole thing got started - you don't call for the taking down of the game for EVERYONE, just because you - not you specifically, just generically - feel burned by FunCom.

Like I said to the other guy; I'm still having fun. Don't ruin things for me, just because you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    They probably wrote off AoC after their (ambitious) expectations from RotGS did not meet up (a mistake imo).
    I'd have to say that it was my buying RotGS that got me to sub. I was F2P for a long time, but RotGS really hooked me. I wanted the additional area and the additional character options - well, mainly the additional character options.

'Course, I'm only a casual PvE player; not a die-hard PvP'r.

Default ...coming soon !

...ok we have 1st June

let's play : what it means ''COMING SOON'' for funcom? any ideas? any hints? (just joking)

Odon are you still there? since the memoralble 8th anniversary grand celebration and double AA gain post you have been silent for so long.... any info when we will have the revamp ready?
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-Zarathustra View Post
    ...ok we have 1st June

let's play : what it means ''COMING SOON'' for funcom? any ideas? any hints? (just joking)

Odon are you still there? since the memoralble 8th anniversary grand celebration and double AA gain post you have been silent for so long.... any info when we will have the revamp ready?
    Funcom's "Coming Soon!" Spell has a 50% - 75% chance (depending on how many community moderators left in the past year) to become a Debuff called "In near Future". This Debuff will burst after half a year into "No Ressources, maybe later!" Debuff which enables the "We don't even care anymore"-Stance. This stance gives Funcom 100% immunity to "Community Feedback" and "Community Demands" as well as buffing up Funcom's Resistance against "Community Ideas" to 100%.
    The "No Ressources, maybe later!" Debuff also has a very high chance (around 80% to 95%) to decrease the amount of released patches and fixes. Furthermore all incoming MPM (Money per Month) from Subscribed players will automatically be transferred to TSW and Conan Exiles Developement.
    Last edited by xCodename; 1st June 2016 at 16:19.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Funcom's "Coming Soon!" Spell has a 50% - 75% chance (depending on how many community moderators left in the past year) to become a Debuff called "In near Future". This Debuff will burst after half a year into "No Ressources, maybe later!" Debuff which enables the "We don't even care anymore"-Stance. This stance gives Funcom 100% immunity to "Community Feedback" and "Community Demands" as well as buffing up Funcom's Resistance against "Community Ideas" to 100%.
    The "No Ressources, maybe later!" Debuff also has a very high chance (around 80% to 95%) to decrease the amount of released patches and fixes.
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Very nice!
    If I would take this even further and include all of Funcom's moves / ideas and whatever that came up over 8 years I could probably make some kind of troll raid mechanics guide...