Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The restrictions forced on people being transfered from RAGE to FURY thouugh no fault of thier own

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDawgPryde View Post
    You have few more hours and then say bye bye to the exploited currency you want to bring over,so keep posting these wall of texts but in the end of the day you are not convincing anyone....
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Ignorance is no excuse and I honestly have no idea how to take your post seriously. The bottom line here is that you don't need that insane amount of gold on Crom or Fury. The most expensive thing you'll do is buy gear from faction / raid vendors. That usually sums up to a couple hundred gold which you have no problems accumulating through questing and regular play.

This duping problem on Rage has been around as long as the server iirc. Shut up already and deal with it.
    Yup, it's been around FOR A LONG TIME just as you stated and it was never dealt with properly Now as I understand it. all of these 80s are going to get to being over their DUPED GEAR.. How you ask??? by binding it to their character. I CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE I'M NOT AN 80. As I stated before. unless this get done fairly for everyone involved, (INCLUDING MYSELF) then I'm done spending my real money.

and #8 WHO IN THE (INSERT APPROPREATE SWEAR WORD) do you think you are to say what I need or don't need? You don't pay my sub or for my FC points so your opinion on the amount of G I have means SQUAT !!!!!! THAT'S NOT FOR YOU TO DECIDED CUPCAKE. Until the hoard boxes came out, I had over 2000K Gold from quests, and selling the normal gear I picked up off other players or mobs. so it wasn't all though trader. This bring up another MAJOR PROBLEM with this gamse. The drop rates at lower level for new players. But again, that's a discussion for another time

Bottom line, they cheated and are getting away with it. I didn't and I'm paying a price for it on many levels that I did nothing to deserve.

WELCOME TO AGE OF CONAN, WHERE YOUR REAL MONEY MEANS NOTHING BUT THE FREELOADING, CHEATING AND DUPING PLAYERS CAN GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING AND THEY WILL SUFFER NO REPERCUSSIONS

AOC will take you money but they won't fix KNOWN PROBLEMS WHILE THEY TAKE ITEMS (EVEN STORE BOUGHT ONES) AWAY FROM PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Hence why I'll move my money elsewhere
    Last edited by DevilDawgPryde; 12th May 2016 at 05:57. Reason: Typos

Bottom line, they cheated and are getting away with it. I didn't and I'm paying a price for it on many levels that I did nothing to deserve.
    Bottom line is they CHEATED and the gold you have accumulate is a result of their CHEATING because they were generating CHEATING CURRENCY like crazy,if they havent CHEATED you would NEVER have that amount of gold,is this so hard to understand?

And let me tell you how I believe the things happened,when you heared of the transfers you jumped on your rage toon and bought few of these item boxes so you can collect fast golds and take advanatage of the merge but at that time you didnt know about restrictions and you got fooled by the other rage players who were just buying stuff because their crazy ammount of CHEATED golds were going to have no value soon.......
    IVORY TOWER

and #8 WHO IN THE (INSERT APPROPREATE SWEAR WORD) do you think you are to say what I need or don't need? You don't pay my sub or for my FC points so your opinion on the amount of G I have means SQUAT !!!!!! THAT'S NOT FOR YOU TO DECIDED CUPCAKE. Until the hoard boxes came out, I had over 2000K Gold from quests, and selling the normal gear I picked up off other players or mobs. so it wasn't all though trader. This bring up another MAJOR PROBLEM with this gamse. The drop rates at lower level for new players. But again, that's a discussion for another time
    Maybe level up your character rather than troll these forums and you could bind the items you are so jealous over to your character. 58-80 is done relatively fast. Items don't make a good player though. Fact is for endgame raid armor it cost 15G per piece, and you only have to buy the big pieces. PvP gear is so cheap it's a joke, no reason at all to go full ninja keyboard warrior because of that. so, as a level 58, yes I can confirm, muffin, you don't need 2000 or 2000K (2 million, rly??) gold on your char. You DON'T. And the stuff you pick up while killing things as lvl 58 is worth jack ****, a few silvers at most on trader. You sound like a guy with a gambling problem, buying all these crates.

DevilDawg has a valid point. Quite a lot of people sold their store-bought unwanteds on the trader for hundred's. Epic and legendary pets, mounts etc. I have no idea how much people paid for them on Fury, but I know there were some T3 weps going for a couple hundred (which is FAR below market rate elsehwere's) on Rage when I was poking around looking for a deal when I found out about the 20G. I haven't actually seen this in writing yet, and FC never seems to send out emails regarding MAJOR things like major patches/content release, birthday parties server mergres etc)

But, again, the money he/you obtained from sales may well have been illegally obtained. I personally would give him the benefit of the doubt and look in to such things but seeing as FC only track in-game trader market transactions for a very short period of time, you're up poo poo creek by the sounds of things. I have no idea if they can at least tell what came from the box, and form thatgive some sort of recompense, but eh. FC likely couldn't be stuffed and probably think they're doing us all a favour by simply merging rather than canning.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    When I look at http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php?s=33 it's ALL bind on pick up. I think I remember some pets not being bind on equip at some point though?

It's not "wishful" thinking about the names. Like I said, IF the name is taken by a char that is NOT lvl 80 and has NOT logged in for a long time, the GMs will give you your name back. If those toons are 80 though it will for sure be harder but it's not impossible either if they haven't logged in for a long time. I have done it, plenty of others have. Both after transferring toons and after server merges.

With the Windows AoC Chat Client you can see for how long they haven't logged in and whether they are 80 or not by adding them as friends
    Been here since 2008 mate. Half the time GM's or whoever's on the other end doesn't even want to help. Some get renamed, other's not because he probably has a mate who usesthe name. Who know's. I've got about 5 toons on my main account that have been forcefully renamed and not allowed to go back. Heck, I've even seen one NPC with my Ranger's original name, which is a kind of in-game chubby maker.

Anyway, as I was saying, I can only hope I can at least retain some of my names. Especially my Demo =D

The two items I have that are purple are the "Mark of Ineffable Sins" (talisman) and the "Heart of the Earth" (2THB). They may well have not been world boss drops. I can't even remember if they were the old world style T0 items which were at some stage put back in the game again (and possibly nerfed again?). They seem like average weapons but on Rage/DW they were nice to have. Regardless, I have them, they were a genuine drop and I certainly didn't PvP to get them. And as far as I know, you can't exploit these things. In fact I rarely PvPed (being of the REAL SH1T variety) at all and was mostly drunk and mucking around doing factions or some other boring crepe as I'm Aussie and there was never any one on my time. I obtained these things essentially first year the server opened (damn 5 years?)

Default I have enough 80s on fury

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Maybe level up your character rather than troll these forums and you could bind the items you are so jealous over to your character. 58-80 is done relatively fast. Items don't make a good player though. Fact is for endgame raid armor it cost 15G per piece, and you only have to buy the big pieces. PvP gear is so cheap it's a joke, no reason at all to go full ninja keyboard warrior because of that. so, as a level 58, yes I can confirm, muffin, you don't need 2000 or 2000K (2 million, rly??) gold on your char. You DON'T. And the stuff you pick up while killing things as lvl 58 is worth jack ****, a few silvers at most on trader. You sound like a guy with a gambling problem, buying all these crates.

I have enough 80s on fury. I don't need another one

... I had over 2000K Gold from quests, and selling the normal gear I picked up off other players or mobs. so it wasn't all though trader....
    There is no way on earth you can get 2000 Gold on a lvl 58 only through quests, mobs and players, and you know that because you have toons on the other servers. Ok, I never played on Rage past Tortage, so I do not know what players drop exactly. Maybe duped items in 100 stacks, that can be sold on the trader for exploited gold...then it would be possible.

There is no way on earth you had not heard off the "unsual circumstances" on Rage. As you stated yourself you are active on all servers, familiar with the trader and prices on each. And you never thought twice about the fact that on the server with the least activity, least number of toons, least number of EVERYTHING you find the highest amount of valuabel items and people have insanly much gold to spend? Never ever? And on all servers, even on Rage, you did never ever read the global chat?

It is shady, but almost ok to tell a good, but fake story to make a point. But be consistend. And btw, if you level this toon to 80 you will at least have ~ 778 gold, doing 34 gold per level as you do, without benefiting from any exploits^^
    You can of course use your power as a paying customer to beg that your toon gets transfered back to Rage...

Although this Devilguy has eine Meise, he does have a valid point. Loosing items you bought for real money, because you can not bind them to your toon, is a problem. The other problem is that probably no one can tell if your items (pets - if you already have one you can not bind it) are legitly bought or duped or bought on the trader. And it is not professional to not deal with such gamebreaking exploits the second you know about them. BUT Funcom has every right to do what they are doing now.

After all this time is is the most elegant way to free everyone from rage-prision, and give everyone an almost free start with a high cost.

Funcom

If someone lost items that they paid Funcom Points for, they may contact customer support for a case-by-case review.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    [...]
    Although this Devilguy has eine Meise, he does have a valid point. Loosing items you bought for real money, because you can not bind them to your toon, is a problem. The other problem is that probably no one can tell if your items (pets - if you already have one you can not bind it) are legitly bought or duped or bought on the trader. And it is not professional to not deal with such gamebreaking exploits the second you know about them. BUT Funcom has every right to do what they are doing now.

After all this time is is the most elegant way to free everyone from rage-prision, and give everyone an almost free start with a high cost.
    I still don't understand why you would spend money and time into a character on a server where max 3 level 80 characters are online a day. He stated tha he got so many pets from caches like Hoard of the Gladiator but when they came out the server merge with it's restrictions was already announced.
    I know it's kinda bad to loose these items but still, why would you buy them on a DEAD server anyways? That totally makes no sense to me.

And it's not that the server is dead for some weeks now... it's dead since 2? or even 4 years?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast