Thread: How come AoC doesnt have "show grey quests" option?

Default How come AoC doesnt have "show grey quests" option?

AoC has so many interesting quests and I'm now playing with a plan to finish all quests in every zone I go through. But since even low level quests give big chunks of exp, you outlevel zones very fast. I was shocked to learn there is no indicator showing outleveled quests. So if you have to find quests you missed you have to click on every NPC around to check if he has any?

Funcom please add an option to let us see quests on NPCs even if they are much lower level. I dont think its hard to implement, is it? Also option to lock lock exp would be really nice. I wanted to lock character at 30 and do starting zones without leveling further but I cant

Default I agree

This is something that I was surprised to see was not in this game when I started playing. I would very much like to have the option to see out leveled quests on NPC's. Right now I have to go up to and speak to every single NPC in the zones that I out leveled while leveling in another part of the world. While it is doable, it would be nice to know who had quests to do and who did not to save time while trying to work on the achievements in those areas.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

This is something I talked about with Matt 'Cirith Gorgor” Bennet when Achieves were on TL. The change to "hide" gray quests were made back in 2009 I think and the code was too mess up to fix it.
    Matt was suprised by my request because he thought that part of the fun was actually finding those quests.

Here is my conversation:

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor
    Quote Originally Posted by Slith
    Hello,

Sorry to bother you directly, but I want to make sure that this doesn't get lost in the feedback.

Back in I think 2009 Funcom made quest below player level invisible. This resulted in 80 lvl players not seeing exclamation marks on quest givers (that was intented).
    With new achievments players will want to go back and do all quests in given playfield. I have went to Atzel today to do some questing to see if its something I would be interested in (I have enjoyed the stories and text so I will do that for sure with new achievments). However not being able to see exclamation marks on quest givers made me focus more on remembering which NPC I have already talked to and which I didn't. It's really cumbersome and if you will miss that last 2-3 quests to get the full unlock it might be HUGE PAIN to find that quest giver you might have not noticed before.

So please either re-anable exclamation marks on low level quest givers for 80 lvl players or add an option to display exclamation marks on low level quest givers.

All the best
    S
    I'll bring it up in my meeting and see if we can find a solution, part of me thinks that running around the old zones tracking down the NPCs to start quests could be fun for exploration (very old school mmo style) but I also see the potential frustration there. I have no idea how embedded in the ancient code these changes are and how feasible reverting them might be so obviously I can't promise anything.
    Hope this helps.
    Retired

Well, if he thinks that running around and clicking every NPC trying to find quests can be fun, he is wrong. Its not. People just want to do quests, not clicking.
    I cant imagine this is a hard thing to fix. Probably just one line of code that enables markers for all quests. Can we get this, Funcom, in near future? Please? Doesnt have to be default thing, just let us have it as optional setting
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 19th April 2016 at 20:34.

Yes, it will be very nice to see all not-done quests from NPC in the game. With blau color or something like this...

I think this is way too buried in the code for them to easily change. It would be nice if there was option to have it on or not though.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I think this is way too buried in the code for them to easily change. It would be nice if there was option to have it on or not though.
    They would just have to search for the "if" clause linked to showing the quests at level range. Then they could just adjust the number in the range field and add a new gui option "show quest markers y/n". This would result in a yellow question mark only though, but why make quests grey when you level past them anyway? I can see why you do not show them, when you are below the level range, but let people see them, if they can do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    They would just have to search for the "if" clause linked to showing the quests at level range. Then they could just adjust the number in the range field and add a new gui option "show quest markers y/n". This would result in a yellow question mark only though, but why make quests grey when you level past them anyway? I can see why you do not show them, when you are below the level range, but let people see them, if they can do them.
    At the same time, they fix notorious troll rez bug!
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I started playing at launch back in May 2008 and with some long breaks have been playing till today. It does not surprise me Matt find it fun to run around and click every NPC in hopes there is a quest given.

Funcom has always mistaken frustration and fun. You see, they both begin with "f"...

Quote Originally Posted by mindw0rk View Post
    AoC has so many interesting quests and I'm now playing with a plan to finish all quests in every zone I go through. But since even low level quests give big chunks of exp, you outlevel zones very fast. I was shocked to learn there is no indicator showing outleveled quests. So if you have to find quests you missed you have to click on every NPC around to check if he has any?

Funcom please add an option to let us see quests on NPCs even if they are much lower level. I dont think its hard to implement, is it? Also option to lock lock exp would be really nice. I wanted to lock character at 30 and do starting zones without leveling further but I cant
    With no experience potions or Blessing of Asura running, the levelling speed seems fine; and you can pick up a lot of quests. What Funcom needs to do is delete all of the experience modifiers and add group quests back. One of the methods to pick up all of the quests is finishing them but not picking up the rewards.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.