Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: More hate decrease for hox?

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Not that I'm saying this is untrue but I'm wondering how you know that? Is it resisted in the combat logs?
    Yes, every time.

Other mages be like; omfg is he really complaining about recasting 1 spell and ready to go again even with tons of buffs if he spent selfres?
    Most of the buffs other mages have are non-essential; you really don't need that personal tiny retributive dmg buff.

Besides, a necro can deal more damage than a hox without taking aggro as they have actual hate tools in their normal feat trees, and besides their burst is typically lower, at least if they can't spellweave before pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Most of the buffs other mages have are non-essential; you really don't need that personal tiny retributive dmg buff.

Besides, a necro can deal more damage than a hox without taking aggro as they have actual hate tools in their normal feat trees, and besides their burst is typically lower, at least if they can't spellweave before pull.
    1/ Not even worth answering.
    2/ Where's the hate reduction in NF?
    3/ There's no way a NF necro burst is lower than a HoX one, and even though I don't play Rea, I'd say the same thing for pet users.

Have you ever played necro seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    1/ Not even worth answering.
    2/ Where's the hate reduction in NF?
    3/ There's no way a NF necro burst is lower than a HoX one, and even though I don't play Rea, I'd say the same thing for pet users.

Have you ever played necro seriously?
    I take it by "NF" you mean "DtS", since I don't know any necro who doesn't mix the trees. I don't have more than a few days /played on my necro, but on the other hand I have played for 3 years in raiding guilds, and I've never seen any consensus other than that "DtS" is mediocre at best and rarely worth it, and in any case pointless for trials since you want melee pets to synergize with Holy Cleansing and tos heal. As far as I can tell, necro bursts in situations like raid trials and Zelandra is middle-of-the-pack; decent, yet behind a melee playing his best. The advantage of a necro is that they don't rely on big cooldowns like hoxes, barbs etc. do, though I'll grant you that it's a limited amount of necros with better than T5 gear I've played with.

So you're stating facts about a class

1/ you don't know
    2/ you barely see in your raids and time trials.

I'm tempted to steal a line from Shax, and say weak necros are the problem. That, and the fact that you're spouting nonsense about a class (and specs) you have no clue about.

By the way, 'NF' stands for Nightfall. It's one of the Necro feat tree. Despoil the Soul is a spell in the Nightfall tree. Nightfall necros use Despoil the Soul, Reanimation necros use pets.
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    So you're stating facts about a class

1/ you don't know
    2/ you barely see in your raids and time trials.

I'm tempted to steal a line from Shax, and say weak necros are the problem. That, and the fact that you're spouting nonsense about a class (and specs) you have no clue about.

By the way, 'NF' stands for Nightfall. It's one of the Necro feat tree. Despoil the Soul is a spell in the Nightfall tree. Nightfall necros use Despoil the Soul, Reanimation necros use pets.
    Sure sure, I guess I need to play for another 3 years in another 4 raiding guilds before I see some of these amazing yet elusive 'NF' necros (as opposed to the ones I usually see who do subpar DPS).

Incidentally, if you're in a spec that does not use pets, and Reanimation is almost exclusively comprised of feats that affect your pets, what prevents you from grabbing hate reduction feats from general? Your argument was that DtF necro has no hate tools as opposed to a normal necro in a hybrid spec.

Sure sure, I guess I need to play for another 3 years in another 4 raiding guilds before I see some of these amazing yet elusive 'NF' necros (as opposed to the ones I usually see who do subpar DPS).

Incidentally, if you're in a spec that does not use pets, and Reanimation is almost exclusively comprised of feats that affect your pets, what prevents you from grabbing hate reduction feats from general? Your argument was that DtF necro has no hate tools as opposed to a normal necro in a hybrid spec.
    It takes knowledge and proper playstyle to do well on Necro. Fass, Torilius and Tomhet are of the best necros i know of, and Fass shows his record dps on single target on this link. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2138370 And he used this build: http://goo.gl/lsmnmW

Of course he could take hate reduction. However this was just to show you an example of that a Nightfall feated Necro can do extremely well.

But Greyloins can I just ask you why do you keep this thread alive when it is only you who feel like it's actually needed with antihate beyond Subtle Illusion on HoX? The class even got an innate six-second half bubble. With full T6 armors you got -11,5% hate just from that and Soothing Glamour. With T5 sword + neck you will drop further 3% on hate. I remind you of what was once posted by a developer, that 1% hate/antihate equals 2,5% damage worth of threat. https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...=1#post2063116

a necro can deal more damage than a hox without taking aggro as they have actual hate tools in their normal feat trees
    what prevents you from grabbing hate reduction feats from general?
    General is not a Necro feat tree, it's a Mage feat tree. As was proven earlier in this thread, a HoX can also grab the hate reduction feats in General.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    It takes knowledge and proper playstyle to do well on Necro. Fass, Torilius and Tomhet are of the best necros i know of, and Fass shows his record dps on single target on this link. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2138370 And he used this build: http://goo.gl/lsmnmW

Of course he could take hate reduction. However this was just to show you an example of that a Nightfall feated Necro can do extremely well.
    Hey! That's just on Entity! It's way higher on other bosses and in a nightfall specc you usually go general for minus hate else you just beg for trouble.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post

But Greyloins can I just ask you why do you keep this thread alive when it is only you who feel like it's actually needed with antihate beyond Subtle Illusion on HoX? The class even got an innate six-second half bubble. With full T6 armors you got -11,5% hate just from that and Soothing Glamour. With T5 sword + neck you will drop further 3% on hate. I remind you of what was once posted by a developer, that 1% hate/antihate equals 2,5% damage worth of threat. https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...=1#post2063116
    I've only been answering questions (and accusations), and I see no point in keeping the thread alive. That said, I didn't make the topic (or am even the only hox who replied) so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks the hox has hate issues.

I agree with others that more hate decrease isn't really needed for HoX, it has two self-resses, near instant Phoenix on pretty low CD, you can double-tab backwards for useful 25% evade (really satisfying when still 100% and good tanks), etc. DPS is about when and how you DPS anyways like any other class.

I will entertain this idea though and say that it would be useful to have -5% in Avatar of Xotli form and only in this form. It's a bit pain in the ass when nuking hard in AoE fights with Avatar form if not playing smart and new players will find this addition useful when low on hate on gear and making a avatar build more attractive without going the tri-tree or poss+gen route if having major aggro issue. I don't care but if something should be changed then this is the obvious one.
    Last edited by tafale; 11th April 2016 at 18:45.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345