Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More hate decrease for hox?

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Greyloins do you want hoxes to get more aggrotools? And what would that be in that case. Im curious cause ive never experienced a hox with aggroissues ever, not even t5 hoxes in timers. And if thats cause i havent played with an awesome hox, or you in your timerscenarios have had weak tanks, im gonna leave unsaid i dont recall these situations at all atleast.
    I didn't wanna bring guilds/individuals into this, and rather pretend that AoC has a large and vibrant raiding scene... but of course, there are only a handful of guilds (and a handful of players who main each class) who even do time trials or can progress into T6... So, to your accusation that 'weak tanks' is the cause, I will simply answer that 'my tanks' have taken us further than yours have, and that I consider them some of the best players I've had the pleasure to play with. That said, we have been doing trials without any DTs on multiple occasions, and I know other guilds may have a bigger rooster of DTs which is certainly a help in trial fights where magic damage is significant, such as Arbanus, Louhi, Chatha etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I didn't wanna bring guilds/individuals into this, and rather pretend that AoC has a large and vibrant raiding scene... but of course, there are only a handful of guilds (and a handful of players who main each class) who even do time trials or can progress into T6... So, to your accusation that 'weak tanks' is the cause, I will simply answer that 'my tanks' have taken us further than yours have, and that I consider them some of the best players I've had the pleasure to play with. That said, we have been doing trials without any DTs on multiple occasions, and I know other guilds may have a bigger rooster of DTs which is certainly a help in trial fights where magic damage is significant, such as Arbanus, Louhi, Chatha etc.
    I dont understand how you took it as me saying you have bad tanks, most people would understand it as i meant it, that its a balance and i dont know if its you who played with weaker tanks or me who played with weaker hoxes and theres no idea to specculate therefor i said i will leave it unsaid as you might have read but ignored.
    Last edited by magnum92; 6th April 2016 at 16:50.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    I dont understand how you took it as me saying you have bad tanks, most people would understand it as i meant it, that its a balance and i dont know if its you who played with weaker tanks or me who played with weaker hoxes and theres no idea to specculate therefor i said i will leave it unsaid as you might have read but ignored.
    I don't see how 'weak tank' can be construed as anything but an insult, and that's how I took it.

Anyhow I agree there's no point in speculating. If there are no other hoxes with aggro problems speaking up (of the perhaps dozen who are even close to full T6...), then I guess my arguments carry little weight.

How is it an insult to mention that weak tanks could be the issue? As Moriala said it's a balance. If the HoX enters fight same time as tank, morphed with a charge, following up with a hellfire breath, he's asking for trouble. If the tank isn't using taunts or don't have proper feats, keybinds, gear, knowledge, he's asking for trouble too. In time trials, average tanks will be revealed as.. Average.

Anyhow I agree there's no point in speculating. If there are no other hoxes with aggro problems speaking up (of the perhaps dozen who are even close to full T6...), then I guess my arguments carry little weight.
    My hox is barely T4 but full BB. I can pull aggro at will. BB has no negative hate though. But I am over zealous on every class. :P

Hox could use a little negative hate from a feat other than general imo.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I'd suggest that HoX's and Zerker barbs as well should both have a little hate decrease available, -5% from AA's is all we get apart from what's on gear.

I wouldn't say I have huge amounts of sympathy for HoX's given that between 2 self res's, Phoenix Cloak and Subtle Illusion you should be alive at the end of any encounter no matter who the tanks are.
    Last edited by Evito; 6th April 2016 at 21:40.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

imo if they just buffed mystical attunement in general include weapon damage along with magic damage maybe people would spec it over inferno/hell on earth.

I said it during class tweaks, but pyzerius and cirith, don't know wtf they were doing there right then. When they can't fix obvious faults like that feat. There is not much hope. Was it so hard to add?
    Last edited by Lurvi; 6th April 2016 at 21:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    I'd suggest that HoX's and Zerker barbs as well should both have a little hate decrease available, -5% from AA's is all we get apart from what's on gear.

I wouldn't say I have huge amounts of sympathy for HoX's given that between 2 self res's, Phoenix Cloak and Subtle Illusion you should be alive at the end of any encounter no matter who the tanks are.
    I beg to differ - Subtle Illusion's aggro reduction doesn't work on raid bosses from before RotGS, and if you mean the 20 damage deflection, it's at the end of a cast and usually too little too late. It also has a nasty habit of getting interrupted by a single hit, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not since I haven't noticed other spells getting interrupted in that manner.

Typically things go like this: get aggro while in the middle of a combo or spell, boss hits you once for 40-60% of your health -> cast Phoenix Cloak and survive 2nd hit with very low hp -> try to cast Subtle Illusion, maybe you get it off and you survive because by now a tank has had time to goad/otherwise regain aggro since you've not been attacking for a few sec OR boss hit too quickly and you're dead/other damage than the boss's white hit killed you OR boss hit to quickly and interrupted your Subtle Illusion, killing you with 4th hit.

In normal fights rather than trials where every second does not count, 2 self-resses are fine as a aggro dump. It's a large DPS loss to die, especially if you're gonna recast Contract of Protection, but it's fine really. In a trial, however, dying even in the last seconds is going to cost you a lot of DPS.

It's not a huge issue, but it is an annoyance.

I beg to differ - Subtle Illusion's aggro reduction doesn't work on raid bosses from before RotGS
    Not that I'm saying this is untrue but I'm wondering how you know that? Is it resisted in the combat logs?

I beg to differ - Subtle Illusion's aggro reduction doesn't work on raid bosses from before RotGS, and if you mean the 20 damage deflection, it's at the end of a cast and usually too little too late. It also has a nasty habit of getting interrupted by a single hit, I'm not sure if that's intentional or not since I haven't noticed other spells getting interrupted in that manner.
    You're supposed to use negative hate preemptively. The damage deflection works fine if you time it vs Fury of Erlik or Snowballs in Yakh. Or other similar nukes.

Typically things go like this: get aggro while in the middle of a combo or spell, boss hits you once for 40-60% of your health -> cast Phoenix Cloak and survive 2nd hit with very low hp -> try to cast Subtle Illusion, maybe you get it off and you survive because by now a tank has had time to goad/otherwise regain aggro since you've not been attacking for a few sec OR boss hit too quickly and you're dead/other damage than the boss's white hit killed you OR boss hit to quickly and interrupted your Subtle Illusion, killing you with 4th hit.
    If you take 4 - FOUR - hits and die, WEAK TANKS are definitely the problem. Like someone I heard got told in a raid; "mate, do you only use your head for eating??"

In normal fights rather than trials where every second does not count, 2 self-resses are fine as a aggro dump. It's a large DPS loss to die, especially if you're gonna recast Contract of Protection, but it's fine really. In a trial, however, dying even in the last seconds is going to cost you a lot of DPS.
    Other mages be like; omfg is he really complaining about recasting 1 spell and ready to go again even with tons of buffs if he spent selfres?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast