Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Anniversay coming up...is there going to be a new sub offer?

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    Add a 85 level instance to all maps in old world (same as there is an epic one).

Developement effort for this is almost zero.
    Developement effort for that would be huge, not trivial. TSW players asked that question to Lead Systems Designer in one of their regular Ask a Dev things. Here was the Question and Answer:

How difficult would it be to duplicate the zones for nightmare level folks? QL 10.2+ Solomon Island for example

To duplicate an existing zone for nightmare level players isn't as simple as it would seem, unfortunately. On the Systems side of things, we'd have to make new copies of every enemy with new stats and new abilities where necessary. In addition, we'd need to update their loot tables with new rewards and we'd probably have to consider updating the mission rewards as well. However, the main bulk of the work would have to come from our Gameplay Designers. When making a copy of a zone, all of the hooks and scripts and patrol paths and AI points will all break and need to be manually re-linked and in some cases, remade. In essence, they would need to remake and retest every quest in the zone to make sure everything is working properly. On top of that, they'd have to update any necessary scripts and enemy spawns to reference the new monsters that we had created.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Developement effort for that would be huge, not trivial.

There is always an excuse or another that could prevent improving things.

No need to change loot tables, or mission rewards, or patrol paths, nor add new monsters.

Just change the toughness of mobs and rare boss rewards and new life would spring to those forgotten lands.

Hard to find a way to improve the gameplay more with less developement effort.

No need to change loot tables, or mission rewards, or patrol paths, nor add new monsters.

Just change the toughness of mobs and rare boss rewards and new life would spring to those forgotten lands.

Its not that simple. Its a lot of work.

They may do it for TSW, but we will only ever continue to receive a drop of water of content compared to their special game.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

You overlook a lot of what was said. Sure the loot tables don't need changed, assuming you are fine with level 85 mobs dropping level 20 green gear. Same with mission rewards, those can stay the same low level crap. But a lot of that work still needs done when a zone is *copied*. It doesn't work as simple as you think like a copy, paste, set monster level to 85, and call it done. Just like the Lead Systems Designer said, most of the stuff in the zone will break and need manually relinked/remade to do the absolute minimal of it being the same zone with only the level of mobs changed.

You are deluding yourself thinking it is easy. Please trust those who know more about how the game works (like the Lead Systems Designer).

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    You are deluding yourself thinking it is easy. Please trust those who know more about how the game works (like the Lead Systems Designer).

I think the main point of the argument is SOMETHING needs to be done.
    No one denies there is a lot of work involved, but presumably it is less than that involved in a new zone.
    A new membership plan is good, but new content is better.
    Last edited by Anzu; 21st May 2016 at 21:12. Reason: Quote balise corrected

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonjoe View Post
    I think the main point of the argument is SOMETHING needs to be done.
    No one denies there is a lot of work involved, but presumably it is less than that involved in a new zone.
    A new membership plan is good, but new content is better.
    Well, that guy above did deny there was a lot of work involved.
    But, yes, it is most certainly less work than starting from scratch. All the terrain/buildings would already be done if just duplicating a zone.

I can be fairly certain most of us here on the forums and in-game would all want new content, though from the reactions to Vanaheim, we can tell *new* by itself doesn't always go over well, it also tends to need to be really good new content too.

I most certainly wish something new would be done, and that Funcom would listen to at least some of the feedback we try to give, especially when it comes to the new things they are currently supposedly working on like the Raid Finder. But as history shows, we are likely to get only their first implementation of a system before it is abandoned. The much needed changes/improvements to the system just won't materialize. (I.E. in the case of the raid finder, it really shouldn't be limited to T3, T3.5, T4, and T6)
    Last edited by Anzu; 21st May 2016 at 21:12. Reason: Quote balise corrected

There is basically no developement time for AoC because the game is not even on the To-Do-List anymore!

I bet the servers stand in the office bathroom and are long forgotten already...

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    There is basically no developement time for AoC because the game is not even on the To-Do-List anymore!

I bet the servers stand in the office bathroom and are long forgotten already...

nah. they're powered by a 15 year old cat and are located in the basement where funcoms remaining two developers alternate working on games that arent TSW on coffee breaks.

hence the lag
    Semi-Retired
    Wiccana RP Forever
    Forum Stalker
    Forum PvPer

ok, after the weekend full of celebrations... and zingaran lizard slaying feast on the arena...
    I stumbled upon this little 8th aniversary summary on a popular site known as YT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81NMI-Kv6kI

(thanks again to the person who created this and sent me PM with the link)
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-Zarathustra View Post
    ok, after the weekend full of celebrations... and zingaran lizard slaying feast on the arena...
    I stumbled upon this little 8th aniversary summary on a popular site known as YT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81NMI-Kv6kI

(thanks again to the person who created this and sent me PM with the link)
    Seems like we can expect this every year now, of course until they Schtunk the game.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids