Thread: Alt + Tab often causes the game screen to go black when I tab back in.

Default Alt + Tab often causes the game screen to go black when I tab back in.

I came back to the game a few weeks ago and since I returned, I've been dealing with this annoying bug that causes my screen to go black when I alt + tab out and back in (it doesn't always happen, but it does it most of the time.) I can still hear the game, control my character, and even see the mouse pointer, but nothing else. I can sometimes remedy this by tabbing in and out a bunch of times, but lately, even that hasn't been working.

I haven't noticed anyone else mentioning this problem on the forums, so I was wondering if anyone has heard of this and if there's a possible fix for it? I tab out a lot for various reasons, and I'd rather not play in windowed mode if I can help it.

Thanks in advance for any information.

which mode do you use? 'fullscreen' or 'windowed fullscreen'? generally speaking, 'windowed fullscreen' works better. you can change the setting from the patcher.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I can 2nd that, Yawgmoth. Fullscreen windowed is definitely the best option. Works flawless with a dual monitor setup as well, keep facebook or youtube or whatever on 2nd screen while autopiloting on Age of conan. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I can 2nd that, Yawgmoth. Fullscreen windowed is definitely the best option. Works flawless with a dual monitor setup as well, keep facebook or youtube or whatever on 2nd screen while autopiloting on Age of conan. :-P
    i have dual screen too, but usually on the second screen i keep act....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually did try using it once before and it seemed like it was causing some extra fps stuttering so I went back to regular fullscreen... and then pretty much forgot it was an option until you guys mentioned it, heh. I just finished playing a short session with it this time though and it seems to work fine.

Thanks again

Yes as you mention it that is actually a problem.. Alt+tab fixes that if it happens. Got something to do with Age of Conan being foreground or background. I don't think of it and with 2 monitors I just click on the other monitor and back on AoC and it is fixed.