Thread: Gearing up a FTP character

Default Gearing up a FTP character

Hi I'm a old subscriber who has returned to AoC due to boredom setting in with all the old mmos I play. I'm currently playing the free to play option currently now level 70 and was wondering if there were quests where I could attain gear and weapons? Currently I just visit the auction house and buy blues close to my level...that my only option unless I raid?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kinver View Post
    Hi I'm a old subscriber who has returned to AoC due to boredom setting in with all the old mmos I play. I'm currently playing the free to play option currently now level 70 and was wondering if there were quests where I could attain gear and weapons? Currently I just visit the auction house and buy blues close to my level...that my only option unless I raid?

Cheers
    There are plenty of quests that has various gear or weapons as rewards. You can also obtain them from random mob drops. For most of the good stuff you will have to do dungeons though (or do like you are doing and buy them on the AH from other players who have done dungeons Some of it is bind on acquire though and will never be available on the AH.) It is also possible to craft some fairly decent items.
    And then there are the world-bosses. Appearing for one week at the beginning of each month you get various world-bosses appearing. Helping to kill one of them gives you a reward. Mostly useless stuff, but if you are lucky you can get raid-level gear (which mostly requires you to be level 80 to use, but helps immensly with gearing up once you reach that level.)

Thanks for the advice. AoC still is an atmospheric and enjoyable game...maybe time to sub again heh

World Boss has possible drops of T1 and T2 level 80 gear. Very slight change of T3 equivalent. He will be up in T-River next week.

Another option is hitting the rare boss spawns (if you can solo them) that are part of achievements. They drop random blue gear of their level so it is a crap shoot at getting what you want, but possible. You have to kill their place-holders multiple times to get them to spawn so it can be time consuming, but it is a guaranteed blue at the level of the boss. I "think" Cynara has loot tables posted on their blog.