Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was the crafting revamp scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    and it also probably why they happened without promised lore unlocks. Someone had to write those, but apparently is stuck doing stuff for TSW.
    Well.. Not entierly true, it exists but not in the game. http://i.imgur.com/L7hcx4Y.png
    I assume you are right, there is no one bothered to write any lore for aoc.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    What do you think with? Achivements didn't really require any code since everything needed already existed. All could be done by a gameplay designer and required 0 coders, which is exactly why achivements happened rather than crafting.
    It is Fancom choice to spend money for coder or other employees. I suspect, for the Achivements has spent a lot of time and money.
    In addition, it is said in an interview that the coding of the work will be carried out, but not for crafting revamp, but just for the most important thing in the world - dungeon finder.
    Last edited by Ernests; 18th March 2016 at 09:35.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Personally I found achievements to be one of the best updates that happened in aoc, which should have been there from day 1 though.

Panoramas-leaps of fate-time trials-pvp achievements all sounds pretty good to me and all were pretty fun to complete.The only problem with the achievements is that it doesnt reward people after some pretty low amount of points.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    The only problem with the achievements is that it doesnt reward people...
    Both of those who love achievements and those who are uninterested in that, everyone is agreed in this regard. The community was drawed developers attention to this the countless times. However, this matter is completely ignored by developers side, just like the question about crafting revamp.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I'll posted this like three times already but I'll do it again:

The revamp is scrapped, there may be unfinished content lying around somewhere on he developers HDDs but it wont be continued in any way. Slith had an interview with Cirith and he said that there are not enough ressources to finish the crafting revamp.
    Just take a look at the answer of question #2
    http://aochideout.blogspot.de/2015/0...th-gorgor.html

You can stop discussing about the crafting revamp in any way, it will NEVER happen, in this interview you have the answer.
    Let's take a look at the significant part of that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor
    However, once this system [Dungeon Finder] is in place the current plan is then to move the code resources to finishing the crafting system. After the code is finished it will allow the final few steps to be completed on the content side, such as the placement of new resource nodes and the removal of the old quest based crafting.
    Where do you read that the Crafting Revamp has been cancelled?
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post

Since you can't read about it here it could be scrapped.
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/the_y...the_year_ahead
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

I was addressing the point made by xCodename I am as much in need of information as you are about the Crafting Revamp.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    The only problem with the achievements is that it doesnt reward people after some pretty low amount of points.
    Here is a great idea. Funcom should just take a bunch of those more obscure/impossible to get pets or mounts and include them as rewards in the Achievement system. This would make people feel more regularly rewarded and better motivate them to grind the Achievements, as well as get people those pets/mounts they otherwise would never find.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post

The word "current". The direction is not what it was when that was posted.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I honestly don't know why everyone is measuring this crafting update to be so important. I agree that crafting in AoC is mostly outdated, especially when comparing the crafting system itself to newer games like GW2 or others. But revising crafting alone won't bind new players or bring old ones back in my opinion. So anything that has that potential should have higher priority than that.

To me the current system itself works, it's real problem is that most (some exceptions) of the items it creates are inferior to pretty much anything, and it has been that way for years now.
    That could be easily changed imo, just update the stats of all cultural gear to be balanced somewhere between T2-PVE and kithai blue/epic gear. Weapons might also need a similar adjustment. I haven't checked recent pricings for cultural gear and am aware that this needs to be balanced in terms of pricing for mats + selling price, item stats and other things - but I've seen the issues of PvP-Gear being nearly wholly fixed "over night" - why do we have to invent the wheel again to fix the issues of the gearstats of the crafting system?
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast