Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was the crafting revamp scrapped?

Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums. Remember that you can PM the moderators and Community Managers if you have questions, comments or remarks.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th March 2016 at 19:11.

The 4 downvoters were probably those guys who were wearing Vanaheim helmets in the "protest" picture
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I guess Funcom is formally in media blackout regarding AoC.
    Dutiful slacker on all 3 servers

Crom: Emyssary (DT)

Fury : Collarbone (BS)

Rage: Kurtz (DT)

Damn guys, you still really have hope that revamp will hit live in the future? :-)
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

I'll posted this like three times already but I'll do it again:

The revamp is scrapped, there may be unfinished content lying around somewhere on he developers HDDs but it wont be continued in any way. Slith had an interview with Cirith and he said that there are not enough ressources to finish the crafting revamp.
    Just take a look at the answer of question #2
    http://aochideout.blogspot.de/2015/0...th-gorgor.html

You can stop discussing about the crafting revamp in any way, it will NEVER happen, in this interview you have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post

The revamp is scrapped, there may be unfinished content lying around somewhere on he developers HDDs but it wont be continued in any way. Slith had an interview with Cirith and he said that there are not enough ressources to finish the crafting revamp.

You can stop discussing about the crafting revamp in any way, it will NEVER happen, in this interview you have the answer.
    it will be in this game! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPxNDnhDiHY

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - Anzu))
    iGank

First of all, that doesn't say the crafting revamp is scrapped. All he was doing was telling us what we already knew. They are very limited on resources (probably 1 coder), so doing anything takes a long time. It is still on their schedule, but it isn't on the top. To me this means it may be another year or two, but it is still planned to be completed.

As for so many people saying the crafting revamp code turned into Conan Exiles, that is rather ridiculous. You don't just share game systems like this crafting revamp between two extremely different games, constructed with different engines. If for some ridiculous reason Funcom wanted to use the same basic design for crafting in both AoC and Exiles, they would have likely have to code it from scratch for Exiles.

However, they had enough resources to complete the bulky system of achievements, which for most of the players don't care? So they can do crafting revamp, just don't want, because are considered to be more important to create hundred of pets and vanity gear.

The answer is here: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...t-July-of-2015
    CirithGorgor: "I know people will say that the crafting system should be the priority, but here I will strongly disagree, a dungeon finder with linked systems and rewards for daily dungeons/raids I believe is more important to the long term longevity of the game".

I should apologise to all his fans, but I suspect that exactly CirithGorgor is guilty of that for years has been no progression in the game.
    Last edited by Ernests; 18th March 2016 at 07:34.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    However, they had enough resources to complete the bulky system of achievements, which for most of the players don't care? So they can do crafting revamp, just don't want, because are considered to be more important to create hundred of pets and vanity gear.

The answer is here: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...t-July-of-2015
    CirithGorgor: "I know people will say that the crafting system should be the priority, but here I will strongly disagree, a dungeon finder with linked systems and rewards for daily dungeons/raids I believe is more important to the long term longevity of the game".
    What do you think with? Achivements didn't really require any code since everything needed already existed. All could be done by a gameplay designer and required 0 coders, which is exactly why achivements happened rather than crafting.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    What do you think with? Achivements didn't really require any code since everything needed already existed. All could be done by a gameplay designer and required 0 coders, which is exactly why achivements happened rather than crafting.
    and it also probably why they happened without promised lore unlocks. Someone had to write those, but apparently is stuck doing stuff for TSW.
    Retired

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast