Thread: Khitai gear/AA

Default Khitai gear/AA

Hi Guys and Girls

I am almost rank 4 With LL
    so i was thinking for chest tamarin chest ,for the helm LL helm and the rest LL.
    Is it worth getting LL protection pieces or should i go Hit rating crit ones.
    Primary i want to be able to tank HM asap

For AA atm i got:
    -one point in Pressing and Decisive strikes, Chromatic warding, Fortyfing emp, resolve, force engage, empowered irritate
    -three points in elusive nature
    -480 h till VoM
    -27 mastery and 9 expertise free points
    Any tips and comments are welcome
    Ty in advance and sry for bad English

There are many threads where this topic is discussed for DT dozens of times but here you go:

Gear:
    - Never buy LL protection gear, it's the biggest crap gear in the whole game, if you need prot (especially as DT) you go for some protection feats (Covenant of Invulnerability), the AA protection feats (not the one that you have to equip in the AA slots, the 5 that give prot for each type of magic damage) and a ring of protection from the trader with a white prot stone in it. If you build has stone skin and improved def stance as well as marked sould and CoI (and even dread shadow) you will be invincible in most protection fights
    - If you want real protection gear you will be farming T3 for the black dragon guard gear, better hit / crit / hate rating, HP and protection
    - get Tiger chest, Wolves boots, rest LL hate / physical mitigation gear
    - after you got basic gear go for brittle blade faction and get the prot ring, gives a nice amount of HP, prot and crit.

AA:
    Most important
    - resolve for some HM fights (not that necessary if you know how to avoid some wreck effects in a few fights like vortex)
    - get pressing / decisive strikes 5/5 and always equip them for VoM crit procs to save your life in all situations
    - max out the individual prot feats to boost up your overall protection, will always help because many Meele bosses sometimes do some magic damage
    - elusive nature works passive too so get this after completing the important AAs
    Last edited by xCodename; 8th March 2016 at 18:36.

You don't need any of that. Get a Blue Iron Hammer and train VoM. You can buy the ToS social set T1 Gear of the trader and just tell people your a dps DT and hide your armor. There are plenty of fools that will take you along all the way up to t4 while you do nothing but spam BfA and leech life while taking a bunch of free gear.

You'll get a bunch of AA points too so it doesn't really matter what you train, as most people won't even notice your leeching so you can do it with relative impunity if you stick to the easier 6 mans. Enjoy
    Last edited by Suctum; 11th March 2016 at 16:47.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    You don't need any of that. Get a Blue Iron Hammer and train VoM. You can buy the ToS social set T1 Gear of the trader and just tell people your a dps DT and hide your armor. There are plenty of fools that will take you along all the way up to t4 while you do nothing but spam BfA and leech life while taking a bunch of free gear.

You'll get a bunch of AA points too so it doesn't really matter what you train, as most people won't even notice your leeching so you can do it with relative impunity if you stick to the easier 6 mans. Enjoy
    Oh my god you got the perfect idea! xD So I can buy DT set on my ToS, equip a shield + sword and join groups as tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

Nice story, too bad basically no pug will take a dps soldier, much less a dps dt, for any dungeon or raid.

1. Pretty sure Suctum was trolling, like 99% of the time.
    2. Pretty sure you would get away with having **** gear and horrible skillset in most of the pugs, just join some of the low-end guilds and you are excused. It's always dps fault if they pull agro, no?
    3. Pretty sure this thread could have been locked after xCodename's reply.