Thread: Something must be done

Default Something must be done

Open world pvp is dead give the population on Fury and Rage, but the latter is a special case so lets put it aside. Now, instead of working on pvp content for Fury, lets merge the server into Crom and put some changes into it.

Add pvp flagging on Crom that gives some buffs, for instance when you are flagged:

- you gain normal AA mastery xp accrual while leveling from 20 to 79 and +10% mastery AA xp at lvl80. Alternately you have like 10% and 25% to make it even more appealing. While open world pvp kills gives +25% prowess xp.

- you gain light boost to pvp xp, I don't know 10% maybe, compared to minis.

- you get a slight drop chance from mobs for purple world gear (lvl 40-79), when if not flagged you don't. Yeah bring back world drops as it was once.

- at lvl80 you get a slight drop chance from mobs in Kithai for rare trophies, when if not flagged you don't.

- you get a slight drop chance for blue rare mats which normally requires crafting and knowing recipes, i.e. taffeta

- remove uber guards form cities and settlements (a la Rage) so pvp can be enjoyed even in such places, who wants to be safe and talk with npc can always stay unflagged.

Have pvp flagging mechanics some sort of cool down and casting time, so players cannot change their state on a whim, or make it so it can only be done or a ress pad like changing instance.

These are just some ideas but I am sure the merge and pvp flagging is the only thing that can keep this game and its population afloat. The truth is many people loved the mixed open world pvp and questing this game had once and it's the only thing they have be longing for mostly, not quest, nor events nor bori and surely not the arena, although the latter it is still not that bad if some sort of leaderboard is implemented alongside.

Oh man, you really think youre only one who thought about it and post here QQ threads? There were hundreds of them and nothing happens. FC dont give a f-k about it or anything we want ("we" - i mean pvpers).
    They dont even ANSWER anything for our suggestions, i dont even talk about any ACTIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrohn View Post
    Oh man, you really think youre only one who thought about it and post here QQ threads? There were hundreds of them and nothing happens. FC dont give a f-k about it or anything we want ("we" - i mean pvpers).
    They dont even ANSWER anything for our suggestions, i dont even talk about any ACTIONS.
    yeah I know man and I remember it was suggested something like this before way way back, I just thought it was a good idea to remind them given things have gone even worst since.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    yeah I know man and I remember it was suggested something like this before way way back, I just thought it was a good idea to remind them given things have gone even worst since.
    You can check a thread about transfers from Rage to see that there are no points of reminders like that. It will be just ignored.

The best solution is to use their new F2P model they are releasing soon to market the hell out of the game.
    It isn't that expensive to market smartly. Grab some cheap adwords and FB ads, sponsor a couple streamers/youtubers, and make the refer a friend rewards crazy good.

Bring life back.

As a PvE player with near zero interest in PvP, I have no problem with a flagging system. When I used to play WoW, I actually did occasionally flag myself - knowing that five minutes after achieving whatever purpose my group flagged for, we'd be heading off to do our PvE questing again without the constant interruption of gankers.

If it would help the game build population, I'd be all for a flag system (if Funcom code will allow it).

Who Knows? With a flag system, I might even decide to do the occasional world PvP.