Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T3 crafted dps vs T4 blunt dps

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    There is another one from ethram with zero heal rating.
    But barely anything to make up for it

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    But barely anything to make up for it
    What you mean? It got higher base dps, strenght, combat rating, crit dmg rating, crit rating. Make up for what?
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    There is another one from ethram with zero heal rating.
    Yes but anyway it is nearly the same stats as the T5 one. And last but not least, completely inaccessible for 95% of raiders.

+2 base dps
    +25 str
    + 40 combat rating
    - 7 hit rating
    + 4 critical rating
    + 10 hate decrease
    +1 critical damage rating

Quite a marginal difference from T4 to T6 dps blunt if you ask me. It becomes totally laughable if you compare it to the T5 dps blunt.
    Considering many BSs preferred the T3 craft over the T4 blunt for dps I don't think T6 is much of an upgrade if it is even and upgrade at all from the bugged T3 blunt.

It is also strange to see that when comparing barb and BS twohanders in T1-T4, barb and BS two handers always had roughly same base dps (sometimes even higher on BS). In T5 however the BS blunts gets about 2 points less compared to barb 2h swords and in T6 the barb sword is 5 points ahead in base dps.

All in all BS's are really not too high on dps at all and not giving them any meaningful dps weapon upgrade since T3 crafted blunt about 5 years ago is a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    +2 base dps
    +25 str
    + 40 combat rating
    - 7 hit rating
    + 4 critical rating
    + 10 hate decrease
    +1 critical damage rating

Quite a marginal difference from T4 to T6 dps blunt if you ask me. It becomes totally laughable if you compare it to the T5 dps blunt.
    Considering many BSs preferred the T3 craft over the T4 blunt for dps I don't think T6 is much of an upgrade if it is even and upgrade at all from the bugged T3 blunt.

It is also strange to see that when comparing barb and BS twohanders in T1-T4, barb and BS two handers always had roughly same base dps (sometimes even higher on BS). In T5 however the BS blunts gets about 2 points less compared to barb 2h swords and in T6 the barb sword is 5 points ahead in base dps.

All in all BS's are really not too high on dps at all and not giving them any meaningful dps weapon upgrade since T3 crafted blunt about 5 years ago is a bit odd.
    Exactly. In T6, FC have been messing up the balance between classes by giving some significant upgrades (most of the dps classes, sin is the exception but sins are monsters anyhow) and others almost nothing (for bs in particular, there is almost no difference in the dps a full T4 BS can output and the dps of a full T6 bs (except on T6 bosses who have high armor/prot and some critigation obviously)).

This is of course without considering that the set bonus from T5 was healing stuff rather than damage focused, so why in the hell Funcom thinks that BS couldn't get a proper weapon like the ones dps get is a mystery to me. Hell, the BS dps blunt could be better than the barb sword and still not be even close to unbalanced.

PvP Wise: PvP 10 > t3 craft > t4 DPS > t4 HR > Pvp 7

Side note: T3 craft vs T4 DPS is debatable, given that anyone with half a brain preloads the 1 step combos so there's no need for the white hit
    Last edited by Khramps; 3rd March 2016 at 05:54.
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post

Side note: T3 craft vs T4 DPS is debatable, given that anyone with half a brain preloads the 1 step combos so there's no need for the white hit
    I think you forgot about the T3.5 2HB... in my opinion that is the best pvp weapon for a BS by far. Also the best looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post

Not really, it's better to not preload the 1step combos with the t3 craft. It's slower but the damage spike you can do is worth it. 2-3k white hit crit and a feral growl crit will bring most classes to their knees. SOGGOTH FTW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12