Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamers joining to troll by AFK

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    Remove hide wouldnt help, most afkers dont mind dying.

And this particular individual really dosnt mind dying.
    Would help getting rid of ranjors though.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

but if they were to hide 'hide' then they would always hide behind some corner or just take it as a man.
    iGank

Quote Originally Posted by Battleaxe View Post
    Punish bad players in PvP :

Should act where it hurts: the K/D and the PvP xp
    AFK player (which does not move) for more than one minute in mini : - 10 kills and -1000 PvP XP (Funcom : is it possible to do that ?)
    So funcom has to limit hide to one minute, after cooldown...
    Players who leave a game "voluntarily": - 10 kills and -1000 PvP XP (Funcom : is it possible to do that ?)

The problem is the word "voluntarily" ... it happened to me, and to many other players also, to have a disconnection or to be kicked from a minigame, and to have the "shame of cowards" without reason.

Very often bad players are as cheaters, they want kills or pvp xp without doing the good work (fight, take risk...) , so punishment must be on K/D and pvp xp.
    Well, punishing AFKers who don't move would most likely even hit the wrong ones, especially if you just tie the system to a timer counting non-moving players. And the fact that FC can't tell an unintended DC from an intentionally left minigame is obvious enough through the minigame-quest which will reset each time you DC for whatever reason, even if you join the exact same mini (and instance_id for that matter) right after logging back in.

I don't mind if someone has to run for a minute to answer the phone, receive his pizza or whatever, as most of those players have the decency to say so beforehand in teamchat and play normally after that.

The ones who do really break the games balance are "active Afkers" like a certain conq on Crom who likes to run back and forth with weapon sheathed and do nothing to help the team, unless he's in the absolutely OP party and can get some easy kills. That player is doing that on purpose and several games in a row, day by day.

Theres another one of those screwballs running around on Fury with a guard. I think we all know who these 2 are and they're probably not the only ones.
    Deducting some kills or pvp xp, disabling hide or punishing non-movers means nothing to them, as it doesn't impair their style of "playing" at all.

Having those around since months now IS demotivating.
    Seeing nothing done against them despite gazillions of petitions on them IS demotivating.
    Reading stuff like "will look into the matter" from GMs and knowing nothing will happen IS demotivating.

But seeing FC do NOTHING against such obvious trolls is just beyond my comprehension. Why are they allowed to ruin 5-11 other player's fun on purpose?
    Is their participation in pvp, which seems to consist solely of ruining other's fun really worth anything?
    Has FC even done the maths on how much those guys COST them in comparison to what they GAIN them?
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 26th February 2016 at 15:29.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Well, punishing AFKers who don't move would most likely even hit the wrong ones, especially if you just tie the system to a timer counting non-moving players. And the fact that FC can't tell an unintended DC from an intentionally left minigame is obvious enough through the minigame-quest which will reset each time you DC for whatever reason, even if you join the exact same mini (and instance_id for that matter) right after logging back in.

I don't mind if someone has to run for a minute to answer the phone, receive his pizza or whatever, as most of those players have the decency to say so beforehand in teamchat and play normally after that.

The ones who do really break the games balance are "active Afkers" like a certain conq on Crom who likes to run back and forth with weapon sheathed and do nothing to help the team, unless he's in the absolutely OP party and can get some easy kills. That player is doing that on purpose and several games in a row, day by day.

Theres another one of those screwballs running around on Fury with a guard. I think we all know who these 2 are and they're probably not the only ones.
    Deducting some kills or pvp xp, disabling hide or punishing non-movers means nothing to them, as it doesn't impair their style of "playing" at all.

Having those around since months now IS demotivating.
    Seeing nothing done against them despite gazillions of petitions on them IS demotivating.
    Reading stuff like "will look into the matter" from GMs and knowing nothing will happen IS demotivating.

But seeing FC do NOTHING against such obvious trolls is just beyond my comprehension. Why are they allowed to ruin 5-11 other player's fun on purpose?
    Is their participation in pvp, which seems to consist solely of ruining other's fun really worth anything?
    Has FC even done the maths on how much those guys COST them in comparison to what they GAIN them?
    well if many players would petition in game, as it is not possible through forum make names, they could be easily caught in flagrance and be given a temp ban of few days which could increase in case such behavior is perpetrated again. And what happened to the Followers of Asura? Players that could help the community while in game.
    Last edited by strangerism; 26th February 2016 at 15:47.

*This is not to be discussed on the forums , please send a ticket to customer support*

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    well if many players would petition in game, as it is not possible through forum make names, they could be easily caught in flagrance and be given a temp ban of few days which could increase in case such behavior is perpetrated again.
    Just no , people reported for speedhacking ->Gm replying :"will look into that" ->logs out right after closing the petition.
    People reported for trolling/afking ; (maybe get kicked from mini if you get the right GM ) -> GM logs out and the reported person goes on in the next mini.

Best you can do is continue to play but don't give any more money to this company
    Last edited by Anzu; 26th February 2016 at 16:18.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    *This is not to be discussed on the forums , please send a ticket to customer support*

Just no , people reported for speedhacking ->Gm replying :"will look into that" ->logs out right after closing the petition.
    People reported for trolling/afking ; (maybe get kicked from mini if you get the right GM ) -> GM logs out and the reported person goes on in the next mini.

Best you can do is continue to play but don't give any more money to this company
    You are happy guy, i have GMs reply on my petition only in 1-1,5 hours after i send it. So anything i report ends when GM is ready to "help" me.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    well if many players would petition in game, as it is not possible through forum make names, they could be easily caught in flagrance and be given a temp ban of few days which could increase in case such behavior is perpetrated again. And what happened to the Followers of Asura? Players that could help the community while in game.
    I dont have the feeling this is happening anymore. It used to be better. A few years back the conq I mentioned did the exact same thing and got reported by several players in a mini. GM answered the petition quickly, said he'd look into it, half an hour later sent a tell that he has confirmed what has been petitioned by several players and that we won't see that player for a while. And we didn't for a week or so.
    Nowadays you can be happy if your petition is at least answered within a few hours, but wether it is or not it won't solve anything.

And that's only the trolls, we're not even talking about the blatantly obvious cheaters such as a certain ranger on crom...
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    Remove hide from minis as they do in some pve instances and voila no more ranjors trolling and hiders in pvp.
    The Force is strong in this one.

+1

went into a mini today and a naked conq was running around... oh well he was funny tho.
    iGank

Quote Originally Posted by Achreen View Post
    it's just a game guys, you take it way too seriously. no wonder i will start to go afk in minis again now.
    you guys will get punished for being such rude people towards others that play the game.

play the game by ignoring the afkers, maybe they were on toilet or was on a phone call.
    there are way too many reasons for it.
    that is just stupid, who is dumb enough to sign mini then go bathroom? and u can put phone on speaker, no excuse to ruin it for others,
    "you guys will get punished for being such rude people towards others that play the game.
    " really? the ones who afk on purpose are the "rude" ones here, not the ones who want to play the game.

about reporting in this game, they only bann if u call someone names, U can cheat all u want or afk in minis but the moment u say that someone is "dumb" you get banned, you even get banned from having bad connection, but when cheating.. nononono.

Funcom pissing in their own pants constantly, but that is non of my problem
    Last edited by Derled; 26th February 2016 at 22:35.
    The Law

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast