Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An utter newbie question: Any hints to play PvP as a demonologist?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    After this statement it would be interesting to hear your views, the class is the weakest of all?
    We going offtopic here.But i cant say there is a weakest class atm but instead its better to say abit harder to play and perform well.So if I have to name I would go with tos and hox, both are really strong and games changing only in only few people hands like ofr example Zarkane or Vouga while the majority cant do anything while playing them.On the other hand on demo with other dps classes like necro,sin,barb etc.... even if you cant play these classes at all and you are a strawman you can still manage to kill some stuff due to range or op dps.
    Demo is pretty easy to make kills even if you dont know what you are doing but I could name only a few that actually know how to play the class, like Dodge for example.Keybinds,instants,breaking line of sight,be aware of what is happening around,keeping an eye of enemy immunities,know when to push and when to pull back,use your cc's to protect your team,never being stationary etc...

After playing for years necro I can say I have alot more fun playing pvp with demo atm due to as I said to the previous post the mobility of the class.So to the guy who opened the thread I would advised to keep playing pvp on demo until you bypass the learning curve because in the end it worth it.
    Last edited by zeuss; 27th February 2016 at 10:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrohn View Post
    Ive seen Birzum, Liangxiao, Jeanwagen and noone can say that they arent top bears. But when team have skilled dpsers noone of named guys can do same kills+support as it is possible for top poms and toses. Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not a topic for the forums. And I'm not crazy, only a wee bit strange in the head.
    You should see Lurvi

But you are right that most bears, even good ones, will have trouble getting kill credits in a team with equally skilled tanks and dpsers. That doesn't mean that they are not effective though, it's just that AoC's very poor PvP stats doesn't adequately reflect their contribution to the team.

Regarding "top" PoMs and ToSes, I'd beg to differ. An average player will do a lot better on PoM than on ToS. Sure ToS is a great class in the hands of a top player, but how often do you see one?
    Last edited by Anzu; 27th February 2016 at 15:24.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    After playing for years necro I can say I have alot more fun playing pvp with demo atm due to as I said to the previous post the mobility of the class.
    Your tips how to play of demonologist is rightly. I agree with you on dynamism of demonologist and on the need for a good reaction. However it seems to me incomprehensible, when you say that it is easier to play with demo than necro. I have some friends who also have PvP10 necro and PvP10 demo. And they argue that it is easier to play with necro. I know guys who have all the soldiers PvP10, but none of them says that guardian is the strongest.
    My opinion is different by yours about the issue of class balance.
    Last edited by Ernests; 27th February 2016 at 12:14.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    Bear Shamen is THEEEEEE strongest class in a 6v6 (mini game) situation, 2nd only to the necro.

But like I say in every post, in the right hands of course
    No its no Pom ftw i have bs at 10 tos at 10 and while my lowbie pom still at 5 i can support better on a lowbie pom then on a t3 pvp 10 bear or tos. And you are average at best on your bs Aaids.

Pom its the best supporting class in game hands down.
    Шторм-кнут

zeuss, do you have played with the demonologist premades against team of 9.-10.PvP toons? Or your experience is based on the pug minis, where you are mostly focused by 1 opponent, but not 2-3 players of PvP 9-10 all the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    ...demo have the smallest survival from all classes. Against a serious team demonologist is the first target focused by several enemies together. Always. Other classes are more likely to survive this situation. It is not able for anybody to save you in such a short period of time. This means = hello respoint. Again and again. There is insignificant prospect for demonologist. If opponents cannot win by flags, then they win by kills.
    My view is that Formula of OP = survival * damage.
    Here we need to take into account not only the quantity of armor, but also healing and especially bubbles (immunity against physical and magical damage).
    In accordance with this formula demonologists loses many points with poor survival. At the same time, many other classes have dps to near demo.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

I never said demo is easier to play than necro,actually on necro even the most clueless people can get credited with kills that they didnt actually made,and in premades against competitive players all clothies will struggle while tanks will have an edge over them.So I dont see any specific demo problem,and it should be like that if you ask me,if you are clothie you should die fast enough when you get focused by more than 2 ppl and you dont get support.And in terms of survivability it seems you try to leave out of your equation that on demo you can dps while you can constantly keep moving and sprinting.Like barbs who are getting a nice amount of their survivability due to arcane marauder.Survivability in pvp doesnt comes only with armour or bubbles.

Now on my point of view with guardian is based on actually having lvl 10 guardian with around 2k minigames played although I havent touched this toon for few years.But when I see nowdays guardians who never stance dance or switching between their instants buffs or who are using STA and be flagbots instead of CW its just bleeding my eyes.Dt's op dps is totally luck based and conq actually after the nerfs on the retaliation and bubble they went to a good lvl.Compared to guardians who can have high cc resist huge pole range and nice predictable burst.Of course in 1vs1 between tanks guard will lose the majority of the times but thats another story
    Last edited by zeuss; 27th February 2016 at 13:11.

Guard has been nerfed more than any other tanks by the frenzy change, you would be surprised if you played it again. They lost their controllable burst (storm strike is a weak combo now, since it was affected by the magic damage modifier - and of course so was reckoning), CW still hits like a truck of course (when it crits, which isn't too often for people with little gear and AA) but I have a way easier time doing damage on my brute Conq and DT in pvp t1 gear than my pvp 10 guard (of course my DT is a little squishy but my Conq in brute spec isn't). Both of those have a very reliable and very high damage output, that doesn't revolve around one combo critting (and the odd reckoning crit of course, which can still be pretty high).

So it's no surprise that you rarely see guards doing great these days (of course the survivability, weapon range and cc resists still make it a very strong pvp class).

As for demo it's definitely not OP in premades because there people actually pay attention to them (in pugs they don't and that's why they appear OP) but that's not to say it's bad, it's just not at the top of the food chain. Even before playing one, I was never one to QQ about demo - even the good demos never felt to me like they were OP or untouchable - once I got them in melee range they died easily no matter how good they were (that was back when I had only guard, bs and barb). I could say exactly the same about ranger although playing demo made me realize just how hard they hit clothies. Still most rangers I run into melt to my demo so I can't really cry about the class as long as I don't run into a good one.
    Last edited by kalston; 27th February 2016 at 15:33.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

The person that said than demos are in the top 3 best class for pvp believe me he doesn't know what he's talking or probably he's talking when he played years back because he put guards in the top 3 as well when now this days just the well geared guards can do well on kills but they never die, how you say demos is in 3 place when well geared sins barbs rangers hox Pom conquer dt and guards can destroy easily a demo if they focus on them, and demos are no even be available to scratch the armor of any of the soldier class if they are well geared is just painful and retarded, the soldier class like conquers and dt should be tone down on survability or damage deal.

Funny how I always see the same demos like suctum and Hopkins that are playing demos everyday for 10 years with full aa and the best gear saying that they can top kills in "SOME" scrub pug mini games, we all can, let's see what they will do against a premade of well geared full aa and skilled players in all those class that I said before to see if they gonna top kill like they said, they not even gonna make 1 kill and they gonna die at least 20 time believe me.

The fact is "well geared full aa" demos can do well on kills in some minis if they are not focused but they will die a lot, when in the other hand I see new fresh conquers and dt no geared with no aa destroying everybody in mini games top kill with just a couple or few dead, I see well geared conquers and dt top kills minis more than dps classes without a scratch in their armor I have seen they need like 3-5 players on them to kill them and take some time to do it this is just beyond retarded and doesn't make any sense.

Why some1 will create a demo and waste all the years and money that suctum and Hopkins had spended to get skilled, get full aa and get or buy the best in game gear and weapon to die 100 times on minis when you can create a fresh conquer or dt with no gear and no aa destroy everybody and top kill in minis with just a few death? Now somebody tell me this is not true
    Last edited by Anzu; 28th February 2016 at 14:14.

Tbh I couldnt care less to reconvinced you since you cry how demos are underpowered and how clothies are undepowered for so many years,that the only thing I ask myself everytime I see any of your posts is if you even play the game and what are the name of that famous underpowered clothie you play?

If you dont want to die when 2 or 3 competitive ppl focus on you maybe demo or any other clothie are not for you.I stand still on my arguement demo is in top 3
    of strongest classes.Although kalston got nice arguement on the nerf on guardian that I admit dont know how big is the difference since i said I havent played my guardian for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Tbh I couldnt care less to reconvinced you since you cry how demos are underpowered and how clothies are undepowered for so many years,that the only thing I ask myself everytime I see any of your posts is if you even play the game and what are the name of that famous underpowered clothie you play?

If you dont want to die when 2 or 3 competitive ppl focus on you maybe demo or any other clothie are not for you.I stand still on my arguement demo is in top 3
    of strongest classes.Although kalston got nice arguement on the nerf on guardian that I admit dont know how big is the difference since i said I havent played my guardian for very long.
    But tell me why do you say demo is in the top 3 when all this classes well geared destroy demos? Or what I'm saying about this classes destroying demos is not true? Do you play a demo yourself? You not even put conqueror in the top first I think you not playing the same game

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast