Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An utter newbie question: Any hints to play PvP as a demonologist?

keep whining some of you that demo is underpowered.As a matter of fact demo is in top 3 of strongest classes in pvp(not op but realy strong in right hands) behind barb and guardian(although majority of ppl who are left cant play guardian and they play like bots).If anyone have problems in pvp with demo its probably because they play it like a strawman.Demo is the most dynamic class atm that if you play it right can take multiple melees at the same time that cant land any combos if you jump around them.

And i'm not saying stuff out of my head, I have a demo close to lvl 8,and all other classes above 4 with a couple lvl 10 toons.When i started playing my demo I did it with having only few pieces of purple gear from khitai and then only blues and of course I was getting killed instantly,but it wasnt only from gear,it was from no skills aswell.After i decided to focus pvp more on demo I asked for help from a more experienced demo player who gave me tips and a proper spec with general to get purge which is the best ability for both necro and demo if you want to survive against sins or rangers.

Its funny while playing my demo who I would say its average compare to some other demos Im getting so many hate tells because people are used to play against strawmen.These few past months according to a lot of people I learned that I play with speed hack,damage hack,and the best accuse is hack that I get up from kb faster than the rest.

As a demo the only problem you should have is against barbs with thei silly dmg+speed buff,other than that if you see rangers around try to be somewhere where you can brake line of sight easily since their casting times are so big you can take them out easily.

Sins: exploit their small ranger while paying attention to lotus overload and their immunities,sins should give you trouble only if they pop out of hide which will take half your health and staggers you aswell.

Against Dt pay attention to their buffs and what spec they are.if they have covenant of invulnerability be carefull when they will activate seal of yog other than that exploit their range like sins.

Have your instants on cd all the time since they do a nice amount of dmg and in a matter of seconds you can fully debuff your enemy while you can keep kiting and breaking line of sight.Hands of the underworld is awesome ability use it often.Use your unholy protection against sins,dt and necros.

And one last tip if you are new to pvp in aoc and you play anything else than flagbot tank expect to die a lot until you learn abilities of other classes,get a nice movement,get AA points,and in lesser extent gear(with pvp 4 gear set you are fully competitive).
    Also if you are new to pvp just ignore the raging monkeys that will start writing all kind of pretty stuff in chat or just have a laugh like I do and just let them keep raging
    Last edited by zeuss; 26th February 2016 at 10:59.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    As a matter of fact demo is in top 3 of strongest classes in pvp behind barb and guardian(although majority of ppl who are left cant play guardian and they play like bots).
    After this statement it would be interesting to hear your views, the class is the weakest of all?
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Balance in mass pvp, minigames and duels is very different. It means that classes have different places in food chain depends on what type of pvp is happening. But as for me, demo is really one of the TOP classes no matter whats going on - pvp, pve, whatever. Since i play mostly minigames, i think that there is 1 really weak class there - it is BS. All other classes can rock hardly when they are in skilled hands. TOP classes in minis - demo, conq, barb at 1st place, not sure about others.
    Last edited by Jerrohn; 26th February 2016 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrohn View Post
    Balance in mass pvp, minigames and duels is very different. It means that classes have different places in food chain depends on what type of pvp is happening. But as for me, demo is really one of the TOP classes no matter whats going on - pvp, pve, whatever. Since i play mostly minigames, i think that there is 1 really weak class there - it is BS. All other classes can rock hardly when they are in skilled hands. TOP classes in minis - demo, conq, barb at 1st place, not sure about others.
    Pom is amazing. Shammy weak, I dont think it is. I've been 2 shot by some shammys. I just think minus a few most of the ones you see are not very good.
    Last edited by Suctum; 26th February 2016 at 23:42.
    Doomsayer 2008

Man, if shammy going for kills he is absolutely useless for the team and also every class can do more kills if equally skilled. Yea, pom is amazing and i said that - each class can be amazing depends on who playing it. I know super-duper players of each one. But bs is hardest to show good k/d there
    Last edited by Jerrohn; 27th February 2016 at 04:19.

Man, if shammy going for kills he is absolutely useless for the team and also every class can do more kills if equally skilled. Yea, pom is amazing and i said that - each class can be amazing depends on who playing it. I know super-duper players of each one. But bs is hardest to show good k/d there
    Bear Shamen is THEEEEEE strongest class in a 6v6 (mini game) situation, 2nd only to the necro.

But like I say in every post, in the right hands of course
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    Bear Shamen is THEEEEEE strongest class in a 6v6 (mini game) situation, 2nd only to the necro.

But like I say in every post, in the right hands of course
    In current situation BS cant be more useful that tos or pom. Looks like you havent seen any good toses or poms.

In current situation BS cant be more useful that tos or pom. Looks like you havent seen any good toses or poms.
    In current situation, BS is THE strongest healer. Looks like you haven't seen any good Bears
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    In current situation, BS is THE strongest healer. Looks like you haven't seen any good Bears
    Ive seen Birzum, Liangxiao, Jeanwagen and noone can say that they arent top bears. But when team have skilled dpsers noone of named guys can do same kills+support as it is possible for top poms and toses. Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not a topic for the forums. And I'm not crazy, only a wee bit strange in the head.
    Last edited by Anzu; 27th February 2016 at 15:22.

Why are there 12 classes if everyone should be able to do the same?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast