Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: An utter newbie question: Any hints to play PvP as a demonologist?

Quote Originally Posted by End-of-Clothies View Post
    The person that said than demos are in the top 3 best class for pvp believe me he doesn't know what he's talking or probably he's talking when he played years back because he put guards in the top 3 as well when now this days just the well geared guards can do well on kills but they never die, how you say demos is in 3 place when well geared sins barbs rangers hox Pom conquer dt and guards can destroy easily a demo if they focus on them, and demos are no even be available to scratch the armor of any of the soldier class if they are well geared is just painful and retarded, the soldier class like conquers and dt should be tone down on survability or damage deal.

Funny how I always see the same demos like suctum and Hopkins that are playing demos everyday for 10 years with full aa and the best gear saying that they can top kills in "SOME" scrub pug mini games, we all can, let's see what they will do against a premade of well geared full aa and skilled players in all those class that I said before to see if they gonna top kill like they said, they not even gonna make 1 kill and they gonna die at least 20 time believe me.

The fact is "well geared full aa" demos can do well on kills in some minis if they are not focused but they will die a lot, when in the other hand I see new fresh conquers and dt no geared with no aa destroying everybody in mini games top kill with just a couple or few dead, I see well geared conquers and dt top kills minis more than dps classes without a scratch in their armor I have seen they need like 3-5 players on them to kill them and take some time to do it this is just beyond retarded and doesn't make any sense.
    I was topping kills on a PvP 3 pom, now that pom is 7. I'm working on my shammy next and I do well enough onmy guard. It's not just one class nor is it max AA. I am simply better than some, that's all. Anyone playing as long as me should be able to do well enough on any class regardless of ggear or AA. All it takes is some common sense and some skills.

Oh, and by the way, I don't even log my demo unless it's to troll with the associate pet. Pom full time, guard, shammy, and tos. And guard has been merged into oblivion with the frenzy stance change. The only reason why you would think nothing is wrong with it is because thewhispering touch has ridiculous white hits. If you don't have one your tickling people unless you get a crit. I know, I have a guard, I play it. Lol.
    Last edited by Anzu; 28th February 2016 at 14:16.
    Doomsayer 2008

But tell me why do you say demo is in the top 3 when all this classes well geared destroy demos? Or what I'm saying about this classes destroying demos is not true? Do you play a demo yourself? You not even put conqueror in the top first I think you not playing the same game
    No class can destroy demo except barbs who are indeed op agaisnt clothies atm and sin when they pop out of hide,of course if someone play a clothie like a strawman pretend to be a tank they deserve to die.And also you didnt answer my question what are the name of your character so I can judge your experience in minis.People that pvping know mine both necro or demo or other classes that i play with and know if Im clueless or not.

If you think be able to dps while in constant move and full debuff in a matter of seconds while having speed buff in your disposal,instant kb etc is nothing and every arguement you coming with is that you dont have the mitigation of the tanks....I have nothing more to say.The difference between tanks and clothies are that tanks are way more forgiving but all classes have strong points and weak points.So Just stop discouraging that new guy from playing demo with your constants nonsense since demo is pretty strong class.
    Last edited by zeuss; 28th February 2016 at 14:15.

Guard is definitely still a strong class . My guard is pvp3 on fury , with a mix of khitai and pvp gear and clothies are mostly a snack . All it requires is : Frenzy -> storm strike -> counterweight -> reckoning ->dead
    In addition to that you can also swap to Sword&Shield to use a debuff combo to lower physical resistances by 15% (forgot the name of it)
    It is also almost impossible to miss a combo due to the insane range . High CC resistance if buffed etc , the main issue on crom is just that most guardians on crom are just flagbots.

About demos : It doesn't require much of movement skill , anticipation or whatever to land an aoe kb and then nuke a group of opponents with WoF.
    But here again we have many spellweave bots who only spend Shockstrike and expect decent results.

In general alone the fact that you wont have to land a combo and the pre-steps , to avoid getting a dps penalty , makes a class a lot easier already
    Last edited by slackjoint; 28th February 2016 at 15:06.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

So suctum tell me what I'm saying about demos and other classes is not true??

So supposedly zeuss say a demo destroy a well geared conquer dt guard Pom sin hox Rangers since demo are in top 3 pvp class? Lol demos come here and discuss
    Last edited by End-of-Clothies; 28th February 2016 at 15:18.

So suctum tell me what I'm saying about demos and other classes is not true??

So supposedly zeuss say a demo destroy a well geared conquer dt guard Pom sin hox Rangers since demo are in top 3 pvp class? Lol demos come here and discuss
    You are talking about PUG minigames as if they were premades. How often do you meet melees in PUGs who focus the right targets, and have good enough movement? The answer is not very often, and accordingly even modestly skilled demos do quite well in PUGs.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I am not suctum but ,

I can get killed by a pvp10 demo within 1 WoF cast .
    I did kill sins on my demo within 1WoF cast.

With rangers it mainly depends on if they use running shot or not.

All classes can be killed but as always it depends on crit luck and you got to make use use the limited range of dts for example , watch for immunities , interrupt their CCs with yours etc...
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Premades ate not pugs. Your trying to rationalize a premade logic with pugs, that's impossible. Pugs are hardly rational. You have people hitting tanks without debuffing, idiots blowing their cooldowns on someone bubbled, half the team killing a liwbie who can't even land an aoe combo.

In that environment, I'm sorry but demo is pretty much on the top of the food chain unless it's some idiot rogue only game where 10/12 players are in hide half the game. You can't generalize pugs at all, all you can say is that the talent pool is mostly bad and anyone with half a brain and some keybinds can dominate on any class if they have less fools on their team than the other.

It just so happens that for demo its easier to do this than some other classes. In a premade situation though, we all know that the poor clothie is getting curbed stomp until one side breaks their moral, and then that's when the demo can start to get some kills. By the way, if you need a clotgie for a premade, take a necro-it's more effective.
    Doomsayer 2008

Funny how I always see the same demos like suctum and Hopkins that are playing demos everyday for 10 years with full aa and the best gear saying that they can top kills in "SOME" scrub pug mini games, we all can, let's see what they will do against a premade of well geared full aa and skilled players in all those class that I said before to see if they gonna top kill like they said, they not even gonna make 1 kill and they gonna die at least 20 time believe me.
    a premade minigame with demo will not happen like you tell us. You tell us that demo in premade will die over and over cause he will get focussed. Ok lets focus the demo, but does little demo play alone and has not to expect teamplay? so your bill does not go on as teamplay is the most part which makes the difference between premade and pug.

Why some1 will create a demo and waste all the years and money that suctum and Hopkins had spended to get skilled, get full aa and get or buy the best in game gear and weapon to die 100 times on minis when you can create a fresh conquer or dt with no gear and no aa destroy everybody and top kill in minis with just a few death? Now somebody tell me this is not true
    If you create a toon with a pure economic view you might get this as result. But, and I can only speak for myself, creating a new toon is just from the view which class will make most fun in playstyle.

But tell me why do you say demo is in the top 3 when all this classes well geared destroy demos? Or what I'm saying about this classes destroying demos is not true? Do you play a demo yourself? You not even put conqueror in the top first I think you not playing the same game
    All classes CAN destroy demo IF he stands still. even redeemer would land a hit if demo stands still.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Guard is definitely still a strong class . My guard is pvp3 on fury , with a mix of khitai and pvp gear and clothies are mostly a snack . All it requires is : Frenzy -> storm strike -> counterweight -> reckoning ->dead
    trololo HAHAHA
    what exactly do you mean by "dead"? a strawman or the poor pvp0 newbie?
    any other will only happen in your dreams.
    Last edited by Anzu; 29th February 2016 at 11:26.

Don't forget the demo can't move and "use pre-steps of combo" at the same time. All of the casts require you to stand still. The exceptions are Hellfire Stream and Shock that you can use by moving. But you need pretty much time to get down opponent with current level of protection and you're limited to energy bar. When I see the demonologist jumping around someone, I certainly will join in to help fast deal with it. Do not confuse the duel with the group PvP, please.
    When I hear someone talking the WoF, that requires to stand still in near distance 5 sec, is OP in PvP, then I can draw conclusions about their experience. Yes, I also used WoF wiht Detonation in PvP, but it can be done safely in special cases.
    Last edited by Ernests; 29th February 2016 at 08:33.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Don't forget the demo can't move and "use pre-steps of combo" at the same time. All of the casts require you to stand still. The exceptions are Hellfire Stream and Shock that you can use by moving. But you need pretty much time to get down opponent with current level of protection and you're limited to energy bar. When I see the demonologist jumping around someone, I certainly will join in to help fast deal with it. Do not confuse the duel with the group PvP, please.
    When I hear someone talking the WoF, that requires to stand still in near distance 5 sec, is OP in PvP, then I can draw conclusions about their experience. Yes, I also used WoF wiht Detonation in PvP, but it can be done safely in special cases.
    Are you for real? Demo has 3 instants including two with a very short CD, it is the most mobile of non melee classes (and that is not up to discussion - it's a simple fact) and by the way melees do damage with finishers not presteps and that does require them to stand still a few seconds as well, you know? You even get a free green heal while kiting... (at least with the most commonly used spec)

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    I hope you realize how slow that is :P. It doesn't classify as "burst". But sure guard can do damage, but other classes can do it faster. Before the frenzy change I could reliably take 70%+ off a fully geared clothie with storm strike + reckoning. Sometimes even 100%. And when PI was still an instant high damage ability... Yeah, you get the picture.
    I'm not complaining, that was just retarded and was a welcome change as far as I'm concerned Though I'm pretty sure FC didn't have guards in mind when they changed frenzy but hey, at least nerfing it didn't have the side effect of buffing something else so I'm fine with it.
    Last edited by kalston; 29th February 2016 at 10:05.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast