Thread: Few questions from a new player and fresh 80 barb.

Default Few questions from a new player and fresh 80 barb.

Hey all,
    Introducing myself and asking a few questions. I’ve been playing AoC for a little over a month and after finally adjusting my computer to stop 99% of the zoning crashes, I am really enjoying the game. I’m playing a barbarian on the Crom server named Xekke which I find very fun. I finally made it to level 80. I joined a guild that is raiding lower level raid dungeons and have participated in killing this last world boss several times. I was lucky and received a few pieces of tier 2 gear, a tier 1 2he and 1he weapon from the world boss crates. So…., I’m on my journey into Khitai faction grinding and was wondering a few things:

1.)After looking at the gear choices, it seems like the Tamarin’s Tigers faction armor for barbarians is nice. Are there any other faction armors I should consider instead?

2.)Should I play the faction jumping game? By that, I mean is it worth the time and grind to start with a faction to grind out a specific piece of gear, betray and then focus on the opposing faction for any other gear they might have that I’m interested in?

3.)I’m playing a berserker build that is not optimized and am wondering about a good build to solo Khitai, participate in 6 mans and still raid effectively at the lower tiers. Could someone suggest a build for this purpose?

I’m sure I’ll come up with other questions as I progress. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Ashur

Go with the Tigers. It is the first choice for most classes. (And sometimes the last and only choices as well.)

If you find it enjoyable to swap factions, there's no reason not to do so.

For soloing, a Zerker build works well, if only because there is no need to weaponswap to use CCs. As to builds, perhaps the Barb sub forum has a sticky with suggestions.
    Last edited by Amabala; 10th February 2016 at 19:02.