Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning player question: How is the game nowadays?

Default Returning player question: How is the game nowadays?

I was thinking of rejoining the full subscription community again. Edit: Crom PVE server.

How is the player population/new content/aoc future/changes/etc. ??

I miss the game, and was hoping to receive some information/news to alleviate any surprises before I join.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThievesInc View Post
    I was thinking of rejoining the full subscription community again. Edit: Crom PVE server.

How is the player population/new content/aoc future/changes/etc. ??

I miss the game, and was hoping to receive some information/news to alleviate any surprises before I join.

Thanks.
    Ive made a char on crom and pop is fine imo☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Welcome back to AoC!

I'm fairly new to the game and play on Crom. The population seems pretty healthy to me so far, though my highest character is only 41.

Unfortunately I do not have any other information to pass along in relation to your other questions. Maybe someone else will come along with some details.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

You should probably read my AOC blog: http://aochideout.blogspot.com/

it covers pretty much all the updates and plans for the future. I have been slacking on some end of 2015/early 2016 updates. FIX inc.
    Retired

I just read over your blog and found it very interesting.

It's good as a new player to get some history on what's been going on with AoC over the years. I've bookmarked the site and plan on checking in on a regular basis.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Well if you haven't yet made your mind on what the server to go, I will tell you a bit about my current experience in Fury (leveled a new toon to pvp 4 in the last 3 weeks after a long break).

PVE

If you like group pve, for instance raids, Hard Modes and dungeons while leveling, well here there isn't the enough population to allow that. Pretty much every one goes to cap as fast as possible or just mostly do single player questing. If your lucky there is 3-5 players around your level in the same zone, after lvl50-60-70 you will be mostly alone.
    Don't know the situation in Kithai as I am f2p at the moment.

PVP
    As a consequence open world pvp until you hit lvl 80 is not existent with the exception of the pvp festival zones which are always the same 5 (kopshef, zelata, keshatta, tarantia common, conal valley). Even when you are 80 you will be pvping in the same zones.
    Minis runs I do them all the time, but always with the same people though. We have at the moment at peak time like max 80 lvl toons, maybe 40 sometimes including those who are just doing kithai factions which never do minis anyway.

THERE IS NO MINI BEFORE LVL80. Nobody joins queues.

no sieges.

CRAFTING
    Zero, unless you decide to build your own guild city. The economy is only limited to couple of consumable and most people do it for themselves.

COMMUNITY
    It is the worst I have found on an multiplayer game or mmo. Global chat is flooded all the times with people insulting each other and calling other cheaters. Naming and shaming and so on. It's pathetic really. The most bizarre thing is when it happens to speak with somebody by chance they are nice and friendly, for instance when they want to invite you in their guild, but the same person you meet in the mini games will insult you for the most simple thing. It seems everyone is stressed and afraid to be humiliated, or feels this pressure and the only way to vent it is by being aggressive all the time. For instance, I rarely found someone thanking somebody while playing a pvp match, even when it was spot on to congratulate. Just cold machines.

As mentioned before cheating is rife, I have seen some really weird stuff, forget fairplay here.

CONCLUSIONS

do me a favor, log to Crom and have fun.

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    CONCLUSIONS

do me a favor, log to Crom and have fun.
    Yeah, and when he logs to Crom, he will have exactly the same with the fact that PvP on Crom is even worse than on Fury. So many clueless nabs running alone avoiding teamplay, flagbots with bubbles that cant do other than cap, run and score without hitting an opponent once. Pvp-10th that behave totally noobish and die in a row...and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    Yeah, and when he logs to Crom, he will have exactly the same with the fact that PvP on Crom is even worse than on Fury. So many clueless nabs running alone avoiding teamplay, flagbots with bubbles that cant do other than cap, run and score without hitting an opponent once. Pvp-10th that behave totally noobish and die in a row...and so on.
    I moved to crom and i must say: people afk in minis ALL the time.... people insult each other even more than on Fury... but many people seems nice aswell! Ive met some very good people☺ i hope to get to know them in a month when i am back from Work☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    If you really believe that any of the points you mentioned wouldnt also count for fury nowadays it must have been quite a while since you last logged fury. I agree that crom has some terrible players and in most minis theres a lack of teamplay. But the remnants that populate fury nowadays aint much better. Most of the vets like Wiild or Ersa and other furians either moved to crom or dont log on much/at all anymore.
    On pvp events its better, but logging on during weekends is just sad.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    If you really believe that any of the points you mentioned wouldnt also count for fury nowadays it must have been quite a while since you last logged fury. I agree that crom has some terrible players and in most minis theres a lack of teamplay. But the remnants that populate fury nowadays aint much better. Most of the vets like Wiild or Ersa and other furians either moved to crom or dont log on much/at all anymore.
    On pvp events its better, but logging on during weekends is just sad.
    and there it is, the conversation soon switched on who is the best and who is worst. Pretty much confirms just what I have said about the community.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast