Thread: Current AoC questions

Default Current AoC questions

Ok, I've had some time to conjure up some questions and concerns. I'm a returning player trying to get back into the game. I have been split between playing my new ToS on Crom while my best characters are on fury. I'm still debating if I should transfer at least 1 or 2 of them over.

I am really split on if I should put any more money or time here for a couple of reasons. I love(ed) AoC as a game. Even when trying out a new mmo which there are very few I actually like I still wish I was playing AoC. However last I played when T3 and some Khitai gear was the best. I am mostly T2 with my conq and the road ahead on up to T6 looks very far away. I wanted to play AoC for the open world pvp along with pve stuff, but that is obviously dead.

So my questions:
    -Are there still a wide range of raids being filled on Crom?
    -I've heard minis kick off more frequently on Crom, is that true?
    -Why doesn't this game just have 1 server? 3 is misleading and a waste in multiple ways.
    -Other than minis is there any other type of pvp activity on Crom?
    -What is the most up to date database?
    -What are opinions on the most effective way to be T6 ready?

I will add any other questions I may come up with over time. Thanks AoC diehards!
    Last edited by KingofPain; 4th February 2016 at 15:51.

A thread like this comes up every week , always the same questions . A mod might just Stickie the common answers as "Returning player FAQ" in the f2p section.

If you want to see the game , dungeons , raids , some pvp . Do yourself a favor and go to crom . All you can do on fury is pvp minigames.

all raids you wish for , not all pugged tho

minis pop on both servers all the time , but more players sign up on crom

-Why doesn't this game just have 1 server? 3 is misleading and a waste in multiple ways.
    Lack of ressources to merge / ignorance / milking money from server transfers

only once a month for 1 week in Aquilonian End , CE and Border to khush

there are some blogs . but only 1 database i think http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/

l2p -> play a lot -> get khitai gear / T3.5 -> get t4 and then join a guild that does t6

Crom is boring , for me its a real turn off if you cant attack anyone, no guildfights, no ganksquads to build / hunt , but if you also want pve its the only option
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPain View Post
    Ok, I've had some time to conjure up some questions and concerns. I'm a returning player trying to get back into the game. I have been split between playing my new ToS on Crom while my best characters are on fury. I'm still debating if I should transfer at least 1 or 2 of them over.

I am really split on if I should put any more money or time here for a couple of reasons. I love(ed) AoC as a game. Even when trying out a new mmo which there are very few I actually like I still wish I was playing AoC. However last I played when T3 and some Khitai gear was the best. I am mostly T2 with my conq and the road ahead on up to T6 looks very far away. I wanted to play AoC for the open world pvp along with pve stuff, but that is obviously dead.

So my questions:

I will add any other questions I may come up with over time. Thanks AoC diehards!
    Raids of various sorts do happen on a regular basis on Crom.

They have 3 different servers because each use a slightly different ruleset (PVE, PVP, hard-core PVP), and they do not want to drop any of them. They have not done the work needed to have several rulesets on one server - and trying to do so would undoubtedly introduce a number of new bugs.

The best item database I know of is http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/

PvP and T6 I have no idea about, so I will leave those for someone else to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    A thread like this comes up every week , always the same questions . A mod might just Stickie the common answers as "Returning player FAQ" in the f2p section.

Crom is boring , for me its a real turn off if you cant attack anyone, no guildfights, no ganksquads to build / hunt , but if you also want pve its the only option
    Yeah, I figured it comes up every so often, but I don't think I'm burdening the forum's high flow of content

But yeah, originally I steered clear of pure PvE servers and used to be only on Cimmeria I think. I made the mistake of putting all of my characters on Fury assuming it would have decent activity about a year ago when I had the urge to try out AoC again. I was mistaken.

I liked all of the stuff you mentioned. Just now it seems those things don't exist at all. So here I am trying to get it going again...maybe. There is nothing quite like AoC I must say. Most mmo's suck imo.
    Last edited by KingofPain; 4th February 2016 at 16:30.