Thread: Questions while leveling "Scrub"

Default Questions while leveling "Scrub"

Hey!

I'm new to the necro class and I have a few questions.

While leveling I know is recommended to go down the reanimator tree but is there some skills in NF you should get before putting talents in reanimator like mark of the devourer? Or focus most in reanimate?
    And when doing PVE leveling there is alot of packs of mobs, so should you run more aoe orientated builds with AOE pets or just go full out singel target ones?

And is like runnning with Mutilators x6 and x2 corruptors, Or run a heavy pet caster build?

Would really love some answers to this! Im feeling slightly confused atm!

Default Necro How to level

Basicly there are many diffrent ways of playing necro. Maybe one of the classes that can have many diffrent specs for diffrent bossfights and so on but i'll try to keep it as simple as possible for you.

Reanimation is the pet tree.
    Nightfall is buffing the necros damage.
    General Survival and -hate.

When i level a Necro i try to get the first 10 points in reanimation. first 5 and 5 points in infenstation. After that i go NF (nightfall) and go all the way there before going back on reanimation and when you hit 80 it should look something like this.

http://goo.gl/nSWxaT

Simple way of playing necro.
    Flesh to worms, Pestilential blas and mark of devoer should always be on the mob. (you will only have worms and pb in the start)
    Ice strike - main damage spell after dots
    Blasphemus ruin - area damage around you (hits like ice strikes but takes half the time to cast)
    life strike - heals you a bit

Me personally i like to spec Despoil the soul x8. Which removes all pets but gives you more magic damage. It's good cus then you have to learn to rotate your ccs and learn what spells to use cus you can't rely on any pets. This is also really good for leveling if you have some skill, if not it sucks gl
    Torilius Necro
    Ubermiley Pom
    Invitmi BS
    Pewpewgirl Tos

Quote Originally Posted by Torilius View Post
    Basicly there are many diffrent ways of playing necro. Maybe one of the classes that can have many diffrent specs for diffrent bossfights and so on but i'll try to keep it as simple as possible for you.

Reanimation is the pet tree.
    Nightfall is buffing the necros damage.
    General Survival and -hate.

When i level a Necro i try to get the first 10 points in reanimation. first 5 and 5 points in infenstation. After that i go NF (nightfall) and go all the way there before going back on reanimation and when you hit 80 it should look something like this.

http://goo.gl/nSWxaT

Simple way of playing necro.
    Flesh to worms, Pestilential blas and mark of devoer should always be on the mob. (you will only have worms and pb in the start)
    Ice strike - main damage spell after dots
    Blasphemus ruin - area damage around you (hits like ice strikes but takes half the time to cast)
    life strike - heals you a bit

Me personally i like to spec Despoil the soul x8. Which removes all pets but gives you more magic damage. It's good cus then you have to learn to rotate your ccs and learn what spells to use cus you can't rely on any pets. This is also really good for leveling if you have some skill, if not it sucks gl
    I think I know what you mean haha! ^
    So insted of goin down the reanimate tree its better to split up like 40 / 50 / 10 to get a hybrid insted of like 80 / 20 whatever?

And what pet combination to you rec with that build?

Default re

Should always take a bit from both trees on a necro.

Well with that spec it's pretty much single taget pve raid/group build. 8x mutilators as pets but there are simulair builds with ranged pets that does more aoe damage for leveling and aoe fights. but this spec is good enough for leveling. Try Despoil the soul aswell it's a bit better to get to know the class with that active.
    Torilius Necro
    Ubermiley Pom
    Invitmi BS
    Pewpewgirl Tos

another option is to go dts x 7 and a melee pet. this way you have the option to use frenzy and let the pet tank for a while.
    in that case, i'd use a spec like this: link or this: link
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 4th February 2016 at 06:37.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

something that sould not be neglected is the two-part gellid bones/blasphemous ruin combo, which gives you a pretty weak..purple?...heal for you and your pets. i use it every fight.

i dont recommend going petless however unless you specificaly want to practice the despoil the soul build. leveling is about efficiency, and after 50 the life stealing pets feated - melee or caster - make a huge difference.