Thread: Assassins "hide"

Default Assassins "hide"

Hi just returned to AoC and must say I'm impressed. I've dusted off my assassin but have a question about the classes hide/stealth. Mobs always detect me so I'm confused as to what the skill is useful for besides pvp I'm guessing??

Any advice appreciated

Maxing "Hiding" skill helps.
    Also you should try to stay in the shade to avoid detection. There is a small light indicator near the minimap that tells you whether you're in a bright or dark spot.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    Maxing "Hiding" skill helps.
    Also you should try to stay in the shade to avoid detection. There is a small light indicator near the minimap that tells you whether you're in a bright or dark spot.
    Thanks... It might seem odd I'm asking this question at 57 heh but as I could never get it to work I just killed everything. Does maxxing hiding work and make it more akin to other stealth classes in mmos like swtor or wow? Or in open world I will always be revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by kinver View Post
    Thanks... It might seem odd I'm asking this question at 57 heh but as I could never get it to work I just killed everything. Does maxxing hiding work and make it more akin to other stealth classes in mmos like swtor or wow? Or in open world I will always be revealed?
    Well, don't expect Stealth like in SWTOR, where you can literally go right through a big pack of mob without being noticed like you are some kind of invisible ghost, no matter or lit the area is. PVE Stealth in AoC is less "magical". Maxing hiding and staying in darker area like redpoo said, however, still allow you to pass quite close to mobs without aggroing them. (but it's still not as op as WoW or SWTOR)
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Well, don't expect Stealth like in SWTOR, where you can literally go right through a big pack of mob without being noticed like you are some kind of invisible ghost, no matter or lit the area is. PVE Stealth in AoC is less "magical". Maxing hiding and staying in darker area like redpoo said, however, still allow you to pass quite close to mobs without aggroing them. (but it's still not as op as WoW or SWTOR)
    Thanks Jaed. Not sure whether to invest points into hide yet or wait. Seems I was mostly corruption specced when I last played....have to research to see if that's a good tree for pve

Thanks Jaed. Not sure whether to invest points into hide yet or wait. Seems I was mostly corruption specced when I last played....have to research to see if that's a good tree for pve
    here is the leveling guide and it leads to the only viable solo pve specc
    http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/...ing-guide.html
    Retired

A few years ago, Funcom removed most skills (for example, we had several that would increase regen while at rest before); Funcom made these skills innate and did away with them but kept the same twenty skill points awarded each level. Now the player should have abundant skill points that there is no need to worry in which skills to place our points. Soldiers, priests and mages can max out every skill and have a couple points left over. Rogues do have one extra skill of Stealth which increases speed while hidden so rogues need to make a bit of a choice, but the choice is whether to put anything into perception or not and that can be answered by whether you PvP or not. If no, then 1 point there to activate the skill is all you need and you'll have enough to max everything else.

My advice while leveling - if you don't PvP - is to max everything except Climb which you should add points to only when you find a spot you need which requires more points to climb. And generally it will need no more than 600 points at 80.

Thanks all. I do remember adding points to climb as when needed when I started out heh I'll check out that pve guide