Thread: Full fresh install download speed poor

Default Full fresh install download speed poor

I played AoC when it first came out all those years ago. I'm bored with whats out just now and thought I would give AoC a try see whats new. Re-activated my account and started the install lol 20Gig at 500 to 900 MB/s on my 200 meg connection this is poor, or is there a way of getting it down faster ?

900mb/s is slow? O.o
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I played AoC when it first came out all those years ago. I'm bored with whats out just now and thought I would give AoC a try see whats new. Re-activated my account and started the install lol 20Gig at 500 to 900 MB/s on my 200 meg connection this is poor, or is there a way of getting it down faster ?
    my bad KB/s so used to seeing MB.

You can try to download the game through steam, you should get better results. Be ready for many subsequent patches to bring the client up to date though.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

HM people used to seeing MB/s ^^.
    Try Austrian internet : I have a download rate of 800kilobyte/s
    And upload : 40KB/s
    In some parts of the country its even worse.
    Download ESO with its 45GB with that speed

Anything related to funcom is rather slow, be it updates or payments or even the servers themselves
    . Don't be surprised
    Last edited by slackjoint; 22nd January 2016 at 15:51.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

didn't realise it was on steam, downloading now averaging 18 to 21 MB/s, thx be done in no time.

well that made the difference, finnished thanks again for Steam info.

if you own windows 10 that's why, windows 10 has very bad performance benchmarks.. windows 7 out powers in even in gaming. An 10 throttles the piss out of the net.

Default I am installing the Game again

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    You can try to download the game through steam, you should get better results. Be ready for many subsequent patches to bring the client up to date though.
    Thank you for this post. I experienced also very low DL speed and decided to dl the game from steam, after reading you post. Thanks a lot, i am downloading with 10Mb now, instead of a few Kbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    900mb/s is slow? O.o
    I assume he meant 900 kbps. That isnt horrible but it is pretty slow when you're downloading 50 gigs +
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA