Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Requests for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by hassanchop View Post
    Vanity weapons.
    This would be nice

Or they could just make expansion features buy to play like all their other titles... I mean really, at this point they might as well give those that have bought the expansion access to it, and those that further buy content access to that content as well. Upgrade perks for subscribing so that it is still an option worth purchasing. Add more cosmetics to your store, f2p people love those kinds of microtransactions, and are extremely lacking within the game at the moment. Opening up the expansion to those who have purchased it also entices people into buying account features if they dont want to sub which means revenue for Funcom. Age of Conan needs to get new and old blood alike, if people see they can pay a flat amount and receive a game that they can play, they will more than likely do it. I know I would buy multiple expansions and hand them out to my gamer friends. I do not want to see this game leave the market any time soon.

I'm really scared of Conan Exiles. Other pay2win trash?

My biggest wish is all content being opened for F2P users. Im fine with any other limitations like 2 characters slots, no offline levels, no training AAs offline. But having zones and raids locked sucks. I even have Khitai expansion bought but nope, cant access.
    If you want my money, add cool vanity stuff to the shop that would make me want to spend money. Some of us hate subscriptions in MMOs, but dont mind buying social items from shop.

Also would be cool to have ingame atlas. That you open and you can read zones and dungeons lore, check what bosses there are, read about key characters. You could use illustrations for it from source books that are coming in summer. This thing will please noobies alot.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 24th April 2016 at 00:43.

I would like to see my signature come true in 2016. I have not seen the pokemon arena yet, nor do I want to.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Default Game Improvements for the future

I was around in 2008 when it launched, and it still feels and plays like we're in 2008. It could be very popular once again if some fundamental issues were addressed. Improvements have to be made. Being bold and honest will make this game great again. Now, let's get down to the nitty gritty.

[USER INTERFACE] Simplify the overall UI for feel, performance, and style. WoW is a great example of this. Their interface is fast, responsive, and very clean. No unnecessary clunk.

[USER INTERFACE] Get rid of Flash. Lua is the best proven alternative.

[GAME ENGINE] It is very easy to get stuck around steeper geometry, or terrain in general, where you meet at intercepts. Also, when you "hug" walls and/or terrain in general, your character seems to be "bumping" around, instead of going through a smooth transition when sliding against it. Getting stuck on terrain is almost guaranteed when interacting with it.

[GAME ENGINE] Further improvements could be made to accommodate players with lower-end PCs. Optimizations which have been done over the years have been great however much more could be done. This would also help get more people on board.

[GAME SYSTEM] It looks odd to see the Player(s)/NPC(s) immediately disappear after they zone, teleport, etc... I would suggest adding a "fade-out" effect to make the transition look as smooth as possible.

[ANIMATIONS] EDIT: While Player/NPC animations are certainly impressive, the timing between certain movements could be smoothed out, at least from the engine's standpoint.

[AUDIO] The following audio should be added:
    1.) Variety of sounds depending on what texture you're walking/running on. Some textures just don't match with the sound.
    2.) Variety of sounds from sheathing/unsheathing your weapon(s), depending on type.
    3.) Variety of sounds from when you are hurt from falling.
    4.) Variety of sounds from when you maneuver through the User Interface.
    5.) NPC aggression sounds from when they first engage in combat with you.

[GAME LAUNCHER] The feel and style of the Game Launcher looks outdated. I would recommend adding a "Play" button (initially greyed out) instead of having it pop up after the "verification" process. I would also suggest cleaning up the overall look and feel of the UI.

Yes, these are fairly large changes, but they are needed in order to compete against other MMOs.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. Cheers, and good luck!
    Last edited by Athkore; 19th May 2016 at 17:13. Reason: Edited animation information according to feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by mindw0rk View Post
    My biggest wish is all content being opened for F2P users. Im fine with any other limitations like 2 characters slots, no offline levels, no training AAs offline. But having zones and raids locked sucks. I even have Khitai expansion bought but nope, cant access.
    If you want my money, add cool vanity stuff to the shop that would make me want to spend money. Some of us hate subscriptions in MMOs, but dont mind buying social items from shop.

Also would be cool to have ingame atlas. That you open and you can read zones and dungeons lore, check what bosses there are, read about key characters. You could use illustrations for it from source books that are coming in summer. This thing will please noobies alot.
    As a subscriber I'm against opening all areas to FTP players. What incentive would I as a subscriber have to continue subscribing if FTP could access everything I pay to access?

In my mind if a subscription model is required then there needs to be a clear distinction between paid and free and it needs to be considerable enough to encourage subscription. It's like anything that has basic/premium content. The premium costs and it's got to be significant enough 'extra' to warrant the extra cost. Just ditching offline AA's is nowhere near of a difference.

It's been clear the last year or so Funcom haven't been doing brilliantly financially so if people like the game why not support it financially? It works out at pennies a day.
    Last edited by Jota180; 14th May 2016 at 11:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    As a subscriber I'm against opening all areas to FTP players. What incentive would I as a subscriber have to continue subscribing if FTP could access everything I pay to access?

In my mind if a subscription model is required then there needs to be a clear distinction between paid and free and it needs to be considerable enough to encourage subscription. It's like anything that has basic/premium content. The premium costs and it's got to be significant enough 'extra' to warrant the extra cost. Just ditching offline AA's is nowhere near of a difference.

It's been clear the last year or so Funcom haven't been doing brilliantly financially so if people like the game why not support it financially? It works out at pennies a day.
    I agree with you. The game should not be opened 100% free. However, a B2P route will increase revenue from a short term perspective, while incentivizing the subscription model for additional helpful commodities such as offline leveling, increased exp, higher currency output, etc. could yield some good results. This is by no means saying the game should be 100% free, however people that own the expansion should have access to it. In todays current market of dying P2P mmos there is a need to hybridize the model and make it less focused around the subscription model, but still give incentive to those who wish to pay and support the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    I do not consider players who do buy things to be "F2P" players. Free-2-play players are those who play for free, without paying anything at all.

No, the game isn't really F2P, since there are parts of it that one must pay to get access to. So? This is more a case of "f2p" being the wrong label for the game than a fault with the game as such.
    I think "free to play" is a correct descriptor. I was F2P for quite a while before becoming hooked enough to sub.

Did I pay anything back then?

No, so it was "free."

Was I playing the game?

Yes, so it was "play."

Therefore, it was "free to play."

Even now, as a subscriber, I do not have access to Turan. At least, when I try to run the appropriate quest, I get a notice that I need an expansion. So, even as a PAID player, I do not have access to everything.

That being the case, why should a F2P player have access to everything?

The current generation seems to want everything handed to them for free.

I am beginning to twitch uncontrollably at the repressed political rant boiling to the surface...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    I'll join Redpoo's confusion on this one: What's going on with this request? AoC hotbar and keybinds shortcut works exactly the same way most other MMO I've played, (except obviously that the melee combo abilities have to be followed by the directional attacks)
    Agreed.

I don't see much difference from other games, either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast