Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Requests for 2016

Default Requests for 2016

-Hotbars. Just regular standard MMO hotbars. I can appreciate the unique approach back when AoC launched, since AoC has a pretty unique combo system. However it is extremely hard to fit in and set up proper keybinds. It is confusing and a bit convoluted. The way it is now doesnt need to be removed, just the option for basic bars if one is so inclined.

Problems with the hotbars

Action button 1-13 (not so bad)
    Left action button 1-6
    1rst extended action button 1-20
    2nd action extended button 1-20
    Using the Alt modifer reveals hidden hotbar while obscuring the main hotbar

All I am asking for is 4-8 standard 12 slot hotbars that you can stack/resize/move/lock/rebind and change from vertical/horizontal. Combos are great its just the ass backwards UI.
    -shared Fcom points between TSW and AoC ***I see now points are shared given you activate TSW on you fcom acct or vice versa... perhaps merging a TSW and AoC acct?

-reduce or removed server transfer costs (a PVP server was fun 8 years ago but I would rather have more people to PVE with)

-AA for F2P

-Fix steam library listing. Right now it has no icon and doesnt need "US version" in the label

-RoTGS access... payed for it years ago but never been able to actually enter the zones XD **** I see now this is a planned change sometime soon!

-Level down-scaling. Game is usually more interesting if you can fully explore a zone without outleveling the content and facerolling it all. Its even better if you can make it hard by fighting mobs a few levels higher than yourself.

I would say the most important of these suggestions is hotbars/server xfer costs/RoTGS acess. If I am going to buy and spend points it wont be to transfer multiple chars to crom. It is important but having to spend $100 on an automated transfer is ridiculous. That kind of money should be going to content and unlocks.
    Last edited by Wandris; 22nd January 2016 at 04:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandris View Post
    -Hotbars. Just regular standard MMO hotbars. I can appreciate the unique approach back when AoC launched, since AoC has a pretty unique combo system. However it is extremely hard to fit in and set up proper keybinds. It is confusing and a bit convoluted. The way it is now doesnt need to be removed, just the option for basic bars if one is so inclined.

-shared Fcom points between TSW and AoC (not critical but it would be nice at some point)
    Funcom points are already shared between TSW and AoC (and possibily Anarchy Online as well). Bonus points are not shared, but Funcom points are.

-reduced or removed server transfer costs (a PVP server was fun 8 years ago but I would rather have more people to PVE with)

-AA for F2P
    Why? People who do not pay anything should not expect to gain access to all parts of the game.
    Currently I think ownership of RotGS is needed to open up the AA system. Subscribers additionally get 1 AA point for each level gain, and can time-train AA abilities.

-Fix steam library listing. Right now it has no icon and doesnt need "US version" in the label

-RoTGS access... payed for it years ago but never been able to actually enter the zones XD
    To enter Khitai one currently need to both own the RotGS expansion and be a subscriber, but they have already announced that they are looking at this and the whole business model - so some changes seem likely in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Why? People who do not pay anything should not expect to gain access to all parts of the game.
    Currently I think ownership of RotGS is needed to open up the AA system. Subscribers additionally get 1 AA point for each level gain, and can time-train AA abilities.
    You are wrong for two reasons. 1)Its f2p, you should have access to all parts of the game, its not "free to play everything but this and that." 2)Just because you don't sub doesn't mean you don't pay anything. I paid for a collectors edition when it launched, I paid for for many months of subscription service, I paid for ROTGS, I paid for character unlocks, I paid for account/inventory upgrades. I would also probably pay for more Fcom points for more stuff like the DLC if they ever make some much needed improvements like I have suggested.

You are wrong for two reasons. 1)Its f2p, you should have access to all parts of the game, its not "free to play everything but this and that." 2)Just because you don't sub doesn't mean you don't pay anything. I paid for a collectors edition when it launched, I paid for for many months of subscription service, I paid for ROTGS, I paid for character unlocks, I paid for account/inventory upgrades. I would also probably pay for more Fcom points for more stuff like the DLC if they ever make some much needed improvements like I have suggested.
    I do not consider players who do buy things to be "F2P" players. Free-2-play players are those who play for free, without paying anything at all.

No, the game isn't really F2P, since there are parts of it that one must pay to get access to. So? This is more a case of "f2p" being the wrong label for the game than a fault with the game as such.

To be fair, in the history of MMOs, "free to play" was always a term that was opposed to "pay to play", the latter meaning that you need to pay a monthly fee to play the game. In my opinion it never meant that the whole game is free, without restriction, but rather that you can play the game for an unlimited amount of time without having to pay anything.
    Gradually the "free" portion of games got bigger and bigger, and eventually full f2p games were released, which is why people are confused by the term I guess.

But anyways, back on topic :

- Hotbars : I don't get what you're saying. Hotbars work just like in other mmos...
    - RoTG access : I can see why opening parts of the Kithai zones to f2p players could be beneficial. Let f2p players enter NG, get a taste of the faction quests and rewards, and open up 2 or 3 dungeons for example.
    - Steam library : yes, fix that please.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

I'll join Redpoo's confusion on this one: What's going on with this request? AoC hotbar and keybinds shortcut works exactly the same way most other MMO I've played, (except obviously that the melee combo abilities have to be followed by the directional attacks)
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    I'll join Redpoo's confusion on this one: What's going on with this request? AoC hotbar and keybinds shortcut works exactly the same way most other MMO I've played, (except obviously that the melee combo abilities have to be followed by the directional attacks)
    I guess they are asking for 1 step combos/ abilities in the style of WoW
    OR its an issue with the UI and they don't know about custom UIs yet .
    Not sure tho
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

- Open transfers from Rage

- Open Khitai for f2p

- AA Gain for f2p

- Up to T3 access for f2p

- Yes i know most of what i request is for f2p players, reason being they are to excluded from the customers with subs, such restrictions are not going to help the game grow, its creates a growing gap subs/non subs and is not a good enough experience for people to want to sub, T3 is old content now and far from game breaking, would be good to see more use of this dungeon and give f2p something new to aim for.

- Open transfers from rage speaks for itself, dead server, should be shut down and people have their toons moved to Fury/Crom for free. Its disgusting how this situation has been handled and really needs to be cleaned up...

Problems with the hotbars

Action button 1-13 (not so bad)
    Left action button 1-6
    1rst extended action button 1-20
    2nd action extended button 1-20
    Using the Alt modifer reveals hidden hotbar while obscuring the main hotbar

All I am asking for is 4-8 standard 12 slot hotbars that you can stack/resize/move/lock/rebind and change from vertical/horizontal. Combos are great its just the ass backwards UI.

As for F2P it is better to sell things that enhance the game instead of restrictions that limit gameplay in order to try to make people sub. If you want to drive subs make it more lucrative, add bonuses, give a set amount of Fcom points with length of the sub comparable to but less than buying points outright(like what ESO has done). If the game is worth playing and keeps people interested they will spend money to enhance that experience, but far fewer will spend time playing if they get limits and restrictions on core game systems and content. AoC is far from the worst but it could do better by staying competitive with current monetization strategies.

Ex: I could see myself putting time and money into a game like AoC for account upgrades like inventory, character slot and content. But $100 per year to access AA and another $60 to transfer my highest level chars to a better server? No I would rather cut my losses and spend that time and money on any of a dozen more modern games that have no limits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast