Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do failed payments ever go thru ?

Okay, let's get this straight for you to understand.

First: All the mods are volunteers. We do not work for Funcom, nor are we part of their Customer Service. We're basically players with extra duties on the forums.
    Second: I was quite obviously talking about Saturday and Sunday, during which you seemed to be waiting for an answer.

Now, a friendly advice: sarcasm is best when used lightly. Keep that in mind, and don't forget to abide by the Social Guidelines.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post

First: All the mods are volunteers. We do not work for Funcom, nor are we part of their Customer Service. We're basically players with extra duties on the forums.
    Second: I was quite obviously talking about Saturday and Sunday, during which you seemed to be waiting for an answer.

Now, a friendly advice: sarcasm is best when used lightly. Keep that in mind, and don't forget to abide by the Social Guidelines.
    YEAH ! what He said ....
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by -m00nK- View Post
    Sorry - I wasn't aware that Jan 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, are all CLOSED DAYS for you guys ...
    With the Live Chat taken away, I would expect no less than a week for a email reply. Nearly everyday is a holiday for Funcom though.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

don`t know about money, but about dc i got reply from customer service next day. that was around 13/14 jan. also failed payment can be becouse of limit on internet payments on yr card. got this ones.

Funcom

If you're having problems or have questions with a payment and haven't gotten a reply back from Customer Support within 24-48hrs, please feel free to PM me with your ticket number so I can at least check in on the status of your request. I can't directly resolve billing or account issues in my position, but I still do have the capability to look in to the matter.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    With the Live Chat taken away, I would expect no less than a week for a email reply. Nearly everyday is a holiday for Funcom though.
    The Live Chat was a quick and most helpful source for help regarding payment issues, with very motivated, competent and polite persons, as to my experience. So having in mind that the game has issues regarding the payment workflow, why exactly was it taken away?

Because all the failed payments amounted to such astrological sums that the livechat was no longer feasible to fund:-P
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Funcom

I posted a similar explanation in a different Funcom forum, but I'll be happy to explain here!

The decision was made after analyzing the trend from our own statistics as well as feedback surveys from our customers. At the end of the day, the rate at which we are able to resolve your issues on the first attempt at contacting us is orders of magnitude greater than that of what we were doing with Live Chat. It might take a little longer to hear back from us, but our ability to actually fully address these issues will be much more successful. We were already redirecting a lot of people from chat to our e-mail system, too.

If you have any other billing concerns or questions about our support services, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post

Even volunteers should calm down and stop raging IN RED LETTERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    I posted a similar explanation in a different Funcom forum, but I'll be happy to explain here!

The decision was made after analyzing the trend from our own statistics as well as feedback surveys from our customers. At the end of the day, the rate at which we are able to resolve your issues on the first attempt at contacting us is orders of magnitude greater than that of what we were doing with Live Chat. It might take a little longer to hear back from us, but our ability to actually fully address these issues will be much more successful. We were already redirecting a lot of people from chat to our e-mail system, too.

If you have any other billing concerns or questions about our support services, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!
    Bit of a catch-22 of its own demise? If the Live Chat GMs are told to not even bother, and are just told to make customers send an email, then obviously there is going to be a bad review sent in the feedback survey. And obviously, that makes the reason for them not to be needed. Company with dedicated support, would go the extra mile to fix whatever the issue is, for the customer as soon as possible or in a timely manner. Intentionally redirecting customers to make them wait for simple things is the reason the company is losing money. I know its not your position to change, but I honestly don't believe any employees of Funcom actually play their games off the clock.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast