Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do failed payments ever go thru ?

You're making the assumption that the LiveChat team was told to redirect to email support. Truth is, sometimes you need to exchange more than a couple of sentences to resolve a problem. If you need to send logs, reports from a number of tools or billing details, it's easier to do it by email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Thumbs up Communication is a magical tool ;-)

True. Voluntary or payrolled - support should keep their calm at all times and never flame at a frustrated paying customer who is merely asking for a reply.
    Anyway, Anzu referred me to Odonoptera who sorted the thing out for me within a day. All settled, thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    Even volunteers should calm down and stop raging IN RED LETTERS.

You're welcome.

Most old-timers here should already know the color code I'm using:

- black regular: writing as a player.
    - green bold: writing as a mod to give information, help or a friendly warning
    - red bold: moderation action, not-so-friendly warning.

It has nothing to do with my state of mind
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Xateric View Post
    I have been having fun with the funcom payment system.

Tried my paypal, but I was told by guild members and others that has never worked, in fact I have 2 guild members that are playing a different game because they cannot get it to work. So anyways I deleted the paypal payment info and went and put $200 on a visa prepaid and guess what that failed as well....so I broke down and put in my creditcard info but the failed payment still won't go thru. does it ever go thru, I am scared to resubmit for more funcom points because a system this poorly designed would probably then send both thru and double charge.

Also, I contacted Paypal and they watched as I did the preapproval process and they said what is coming from Funcom SARL is just short of a joke with some jibberish attached to it and they said to find a different method of payment.

So will the failed attempt go thru and if not do I dare try to resubmit and risk getting double billed.
    PayPal works fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by Xateric View Post
    I have been having fun with the funcom payment system.

Tried my paypal, but I was told by guild members and others that has never worked, in fact I have 2 guild members that are playing a different game because they cannot get it to work. So anyways I deleted the paypal payment info and went and put $200 on a visa prepaid and guess what that failed as well....so I broke down and put in my creditcard info but the failed payment still won't go thru. does it ever go thru, I am scared to resubmit for more funcom points because a system this poorly designed would probably then send both thru and double charge.

Also, I contacted Paypal and they watched as I did the preapproval process and they said what is coming from Funcom SARL is just short of a joke with some jibberish attached to it and they said to find a different method of payment.

So will the failed attempt go thru and if not do I dare try to resubmit and risk getting double billed.

Make sure everything on your Funcom account match's your Paypal account, an I mean upper case and lower case can cause that bit of a issue. Just make sure everything is dead on looking the same. I had paypal payment issue recently and Just did the action described and it worked. The systems are that touchy. Credit cards from, say your personal bank may need to be unlocked for international purchasing. Some credit cards are the same way. I know this because my bank called me the 1st time I used my card with funcom.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 1st February 2016 at 18:32.

Same issue I am having. And has been 5 days. I even changed used my paypay, and a different card. Still nothing and no reply. Funny note I opened a F2P accound to go along with sub I just got, and used same card being denied after. Works on that account lol. GO FUNCOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    If you're having problems or have questions with a payment and haven't gotten a reply back from Customer Support within 24-48hrs, please feel free to PM me with your ticket number so I can at least check in on the status of your request. I can't directly resolve billing or account issues in my position, but I still do have the capability to look in to the matter.
    Did you try that?
    Short cuts make long delays.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123