Thread: Returning Player / Account Questions

Default Returning Player / Account Questions

Hi Guys,

I am thinking I want to give AoC another shot, but I had a few questions.

1) I have a retail version of RotGS, I am fairly certain when I purchased it 4 or 5 years back I used the key, but I see no mention on my account page that I have that content tied to my account, am I missing it? Is there anyway to confirm that the expansion is on my account? I know that I can't access it fully, or at all, unless I sub, but I would at least like to see some acknowledgement of ownership somewhere.

2) What are the most populated PVE and PVP servers?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Violentfemme152 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am thinking I want to give AoC another shot, but I had a few questions.

1) I have a retail version of RotGS, I am fairly certain when I purchased it 4 or 5 years back I used the key, but I see no mention on my account page that I have that content tied to my account, am I missing it? Is there anyway to confirm that the expansion is on my account? I know that I can't access it fully, or at all, unless I sub, but I would at least like to see some acknowledgement of ownership somewhere.

2) What are the most populated PVE and PVP servers?

Thanks and Happy Holidays
    1. On your main account page, under Your Products, there will be a green symbol/icon that says Rise of the Godslayer.

2. Crom, the pve server is really the only Active server. Fury and Rage are the pvp servers, but their population is very low especially Rage.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    1. On your main account page, under Your Products, there will be a green symbol/icon that says Rise of the Godslayer.

2. Crom, the pve server is really the only Active server. Fury and Rage are the pvp servers, but their population is very low especially Rage.
    I was afraid that was the case... I am not showing the RotGS expansion icon and my cd-key on my booklet says it's bogus, when I key it in. I submitted a ticket, hopefully support can do something for me?

Oh, I also installed it again and the install didn't put a icon on my desktop and I had to patch it up from the patcher exe in the program files.... Any easy fix or should I just drag one of the exe's on to the desktop?

Thanks.

Be aware that if you come back as f2p and have Rise of the Godslayer in your account you wont be able to access the area. You will be able to play Khitan toons and will be able to earn AA points (but not time train).

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    Be aware that if you come back as f2p and have Rise of the Godslayer in your account you wont be able to access the area. You will be able to play Khitan toons and will be able to earn AA points (but not time train).
    But that is subject to change. Funcom is already looking at making ALL pf RotGS Buy to play.

What about any fairly "up-to-date" guides that cover the pet system, zones, crafting, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by blacklove152 View Post
    What about any fairly "up-to-date" guides that cover the pet system, zones, crafting, etc?
    Pet System: Non of them are really worth it, social pets disappear when your character comes into combat mode, combat pets just give you a small buff or attack the enemy with very low damage.

There are many guides for many different zones, just look them up under Raids and Tactics subforum.
    This one is for the level 80 khitai dungeons that are mostly farmed by all the players all the time long http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...and-Godslayers
    For Raids you can watch some videos or just go into a guild that teaches raids (they mostly have some links where the tactics are explained but you will learn by doing, there are many other people that have never been in raids and so on, just ask if they teach you how to do it)
    Low level dungeons are tank and spank fights most of the time.
    Here is a site where you can look up all the playfields and the ways to get there as well as the dungeons and all the level ranges http://www.valmerwolf.com/AoC/maps.htm (but you can see them ingame on the map too).

Crafting is still the same, talk to an NPC, ask for quest, accept it, farm the ressources / craft the item and repeat. Very boring.
    Special recipies drop in certain instances and so on, but they are so damn rare that you need to farm them almost a complete week to get one to drop (and often it is not the one you wanted)

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Pet System: Non of them are really worth it, social pets disappear when your character comes into combat mode, combat pets just give you a small buff or attack the enemy with very low damage.

There are many guides for many different zones, just look them up under Raids and Tactics subforum.
    This one is for the level 80 khitai dungeons that are mostly farmed by all the players all the time long http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...and-Godslayers
    For Raids you can watch some videos or just go into a guild that teaches raids (they mostly have some links where the tactics are explained but you will learn by doing, there are many other people that have never been in raids and so on, just ask if they teach you how to do it)
    Low level dungeons are tank and spank fights most of the time.
    Here is a site where you can look up all the playfields and the ways to get there as well as the dungeons and all the level ranges http://www.valmerwolf.com/AoC/maps.htm (but you can see them ingame on the map too).

Crafting is still the same, talk to an NPC, ask for quest, accept it, farm the ressources / craft the item and repeat. Very boring.
    Special recipies drop in certain instances and so on, but they are so damn rare that you need to farm them almost a complete week to get one to drop (and often it is not the one you wanted)
    Thanks a bunch.

I asked about the pets because that is typically an area I like in MMO's (collecting pets and mounts). My available time doesn't really allow me to donate more than the occasional small group dungeon a couple times a week or whatever I can solo, crafting, etc. Speaking of guild activities, is the guild building + siege system getting any use what-so-ever? Always seems like it could be cool.

Oh, is this a common bug? I installed the game, but it gave me no desktop icon... I have to start the game from the dx10launcher in program files. Any idea?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blacklove152 View Post
    Thanks a bunch.

I asked about the pets because that is typically an area I like in MMO's (collecting pets and mounts). My available time doesn't really allow me to donate more than the occasional small group dungeon a couple times a week or whatever I can solo, crafting, etc. Speaking of guild activities, is the guild building + siege system getting any use what-so-ever? Always seems like it could be cool.

Oh, is this a common bug? I installed the game, but it gave me no desktop icon... I have to start the game from the dx10launcher in program files. Any idea?

Thanks
    I think the common desktop-shortcut is the launcher for DX9(don't know why it didnt create one for you) , the DX10 version is the .exe file you find in the game's folder. Just right click on the DX10 launcher file and create a desktop-shortcut and it will work normal (You can also rename it).

Regarding Pets: The only classes that really have a use out of their pets are the Necromancer (Many different class pets + one combat pet that you can get somewhere) and the Demonologist (only one class pet at a time + one combat pet that you can get somewhere). But you totally loose the combo-system of all meele clases with these since they are casters.
    Crafting is pretty boring (in my opinion) because it's just plain stuipd stone / wood / iron clicking for farming and the items itself are not really worth it on level 80 anymore since the blue items from Khitai normalmode dungeons are far better.
    There are many solo dungeons, some reward even with "rare trophies" which are used for epic gear (normally you get those trophies in 6 man dungeons) but to get this gear you'll need the expansion (for khitai gear) and / or a premium account (without expansion but with a premium account there is the dragons spine where you can buy some epic gear parts for rare trophies but if you go premium you should ge tthe expansion anyways since there is where the endgame plays).
    As F2P Player the best gear you can get through raids (24 man) is T1 gear, from the Worldboss you can even get T2 gear or some T3 relics (with those you can buy the T3 gear but it takes quiet some time). But still, these types of gear are not that worth it anymore since the epic khitai gear (from 6 man dungeons) is sometimes far better than T3 and so on (but the T1 set is a good thing to start with in khitai hardmode dungeons).

Since you don't have so much time to play it could be hard for you to get very good gear fastly, some khitai 6 man hardmodes are done fast (like the monastery but it becomes boring after the 10th time) but it will still take some time.