Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Undead Barachan Pirate pet (add it please Funcom)

Default Undead Barachan Pirate pet (add it please Funcom)

The Undead Barachan Pirate (Strom) pet is required to complete the achievement: Avocation/Collection/Pets/Collector of Deathly Curiosities.

However, it has not been available for a long time, and I believe was not actually available in game anyway (only through Menagerie Sample boxes from Testlive event?)

Funcom, please add it to the Gilding Vendor and Veteran Vendors, like you did with the old Halloween reward pets.

...while you're at it, how about adding the other Menagerie Sample pets?

Quote Originally Posted by hassanchop View Post
    The Undead Barachan Pirate (Strom) pet is required to complete the achievement: Avocation/Collection/Pets/Collector of Deathly Curiosities.

However, it has not been available for a long time, and I believe was not actually available in game anyway (only through Menagerie Sample boxes from Testlive event?)

Funcom, please add it to the Gilding Vendor and Veteran Vendors, like you did with the old Halloween reward pets.

...while you're at it, how about adding the other Menagerie Sample pets?
    I agree. There is no other way to obtain the pets currently other than those special boxes that are probably no longer to be given out.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I vote for removing them from collection achievements rather than a second source of getting them. The barachan is a legendary pet and should not be in the veteran token for sure. Tops gilding token for a ridiculous price of minimum 40 tokens. That's my opinion and you don't have to agree.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    I vote for removing them from collection achievements rather than a second source of getting them. The barachan is a legendary pet and should not be in the veteran token for sure. Tops gilding token for a ridiculous price of minimum 40 tokens. That's my opinion and you don't have to agree.
    Maybe allow the menagerie boxes to be obtained another way?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Fass, I respect your knowledge of the game, your achievements and the immense help you've provided the playerbase. However, it sounds like you're getting your knickers in a twist over others obtaining a pet that didn't require one to to do anything "legendary" to obtain it. It would be more appropriate to suggest removing its legendary quality.

Quote Originally Posted by hassanchop View Post
    Fass, I respect your knowledge of the game, your achievements and the immense help you've provided the playerbase. However, it sounds like you're getting your knickers in a twist over others obtaining a pet that didn't require one to to do anything "legendary" to obtain it. It would be more appropriate to suggest removing its legendary quality.
    Testing content on Testlive is the most valueable thing you can do for Funcom. It should have a unique reward (like the pirate or the goat) to grant those that take time to do it even if it's only vanity gear or a pet. Simply removing the Undead pirate from the requirements of the achievement should keep everyone happy.

Next time something on TL needs to be tested I prefer a really cool unique vanity cape or something to show off btw.

Try getting the victory badge pets. It takes MUCH more time and effort than random box pet drops or some item from TL. You shouldn't have to log on to TL to obtain pets to finish normal achievements. If that's the case than all the menagerie pets should have their own catergory as a bonus achievement.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Try getting the victory badge pets. It takes MUCH more time and effort than random box pet drops or some item from TL. You shouldn't have to log on to TL to obtain pets to finish normal achievements. If that's the case than all the menagerie pets should have their own catergory as a bonus achievement.
    I vote for removing them from collection achievements rather than a second source of getting them.
    Maybe you missed this line
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

No, I didn't miss anything. I am saying it takes a lot more to earn the festival pets than the test live pets, and if they made it easier to get them or offered another way to I wouldn't be against that. It seems silly to think players should be barred from the opportunity just because they are not you or me, or some other veteran with thousands and thousands of hours invested. It shouldn't take an investment like that.
    Last edited by Suctum; 30th December 2015 at 18:44.
    Doomsayer 2008

If I understand correctly, all one had to do to obtain a Menagerie Sample(s) was be in a certain zone on Testlive between a few nominated times. Hardly legendary. I'm sure you did a lot more than that, Fass, but I bet most people didn't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast