Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid gear, world bosses and Solo'ing and Small groups.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I may be a veteran player because I play since the beginning but still, I haven't done T5 or T6 yet, not even finished one character with a full T4 set because me and my raid were not able to kill the bosses because we basically were to bad, thats fact (haven't tried the new easy mode versions yet and the things I heard about it don't bring be back because I really dislike easymode games, every game nowdays goes for the easymode way). If people want the best gear in the game they have to do something for it, thats how I see it.
    Sir ... Sir ... you see that I agreed with you? Please don't fight me .... please.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

You get "raid" finder, that's raiding for 'solo players' ie; world boss style raiding with your own personal loot box, enough already.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    And you miss the current practice in design of AoC. This whole thread would probably not exist, if the dev focus powerwise would not have been on raiding (or rather power progression/lockout through gear mainly) in the past years, making t4+ so powerfull.
    That's the point I tried to make earlier. If you add new raid gear on top, good design practice would be to add something on top for other content as well. It doesn't really matter how you do it - but presumably, there should be broadly corresponding increases (on a lower basis) for dungeons, solo PvE, crafting, whatever. This also serves to keep other content attractive to raiders (for gearing alts, getting items with a somewhat lower budget but different stats allocation, etc).

But maybe the issue will disappear now anyway, unless FC have another have-finished raid instance up their sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    You get "raid" finder, that's raiding for 'solo players' ie; world boss style raiding with your own personal loot box, enough already.
    Meh... if you acknowledge (as you do) that most people are raid loggers, maybe give them incentives to do other content?
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

So far, for me, the stuff that drops in PvE is completely satisfactory towards completing level-appropriate quests.

I think what might be cool would be some armor modeled after something from Imperial Rome. I mean, we have the gladius in-game, so the armor shouldn't be an anachronism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    That's the point I tried to make earlier. If you add new raid gear on top, good design practice would be to add something on top for other content as well. It doesn't really matter how you do it - but presumably, there should be broadly corresponding increases (on a lower basis) for dungeons, solo PvE, crafting, whatever. This also serves to keep other content attractive to raiders (for gearing alts, getting items with a somewhat lower budget but different stats allocation, etc).

But maybe the issue will disappear now anyway, unless FC have another have-finished raid instance up their sleeves

Meh... if you acknowledge (as you do) that most people are raid loggers, maybe give them incentives to do other content?
    Some people Rathothis just don't look at the broader picture. That there people who don't always get in raids. An spend tons of money to play. Raid finder, global posting raids still fill.. Just not enough willing to lead a
    "Pug" raids. Why? Because some have already put hours into the game. AN Raids can become work vs fun. So the work vs fun factor needs to be raised for all. But not taken over board.
    An I keep saying this, need to keep everyone satisfied to keep them in game. Doesn't matter if the person is Classed as a Raider or a Solo player. Because a Raider could aslo solo or 6 man. Everyone who objects seems to think
    that nobody tries to raid. Uh no.. People try.. Just not always enough space to get in one. So give everyone a small options to all based gear. An Well those who get in raids have the better out come.

1) People could stick around more raids. 2) if someone has to leave that person is there to jump in. 3) Rewards are upped for us all which equals more fun. 4) could bring back players and means more money, means more content.
    Not that hard to understand honestly. But those who rule for competition in this game would rather not see this picture and let the small things that need addressing keep things at a slow pace.

The same thread by the same guy 100 times now! yey!

Here we go again. Its painfully obvious that it is a personal thing Kellisia wants and it defies all logic. You cannot get every possible gear by doing whatever you want in this game and that is perfectly fine.

You need to have different activities giving different rewards otherwise the whole game is broken. This is a multiplayer game after all and it should make incentives to team up and play together to overcome the obstacles and face the biggest challenges in order to get the best rewards not other way around. So stop that "solo raiding" nonsense please.

There are plenty of rewards you can get soloing already, but the best raiding gear should be locked out from you if you don't want to raid and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    You are simply unable to foresee the consequences of making all the gear available via soloing, it would ultimately break the essence of this game, disband the guilds and remove every reason for players to play this game together.

Not everyone is an obsessed lootwhore like Kellisia that the only fun he finds in the game is apparently about getting the best gear for the sake of it getting it. What's the point, maybe demand the gear to be on a ''timer" like AA points so we don't have to play the game at all?
    Its not the point of getting the best gear but about the journey, effort and different things you do in AoC but above all it is about playing together with other people.

If you desperately want the best gear via soloing maybe check out some single player titles like The Wither for example, they are all way better than AoC in that regard.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    You need to have different activities giving different rewards
    Different rewards != different power levels. Instead of going all ad hominem, try to grasp that simple concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Thumbs up

Here we go again. Its painfully obvious that it is a personal thing Kellisia wants and it defies all logic. You cannot get every possible gear by doing whatever you want in this game and that is perfectly fine.

You need to have different activities giving different rewards otherwise the whole game is broken. This is a multiplayer game after all and it should make incentives to team up and play together to overcome the obstacles and face the biggest challenges in order to get the best rewards not other way around. So stop that "solo raiding" nonsense please.

There are plenty of rewards you can get soloing already, but the best raiding gear should be locked out from you if you don't want to raid and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    You are simply unable to foresee the consequences of making all the gear available via soloing, it would ultimately break the essence of this game, disband the guilds and remove every reason for players to play this game together.

Not everyone is an obsessed lootwhore like Kellisia that the only fun he finds in the game is apparently about getting the best gear for the sake of it getting it. What's the point, maybe demand the gear to be on a ''timer" like AA points so we don't have to play the game at all?
    Its not the point of getting the best gear but about the journey, effort and different things you do in AoC but above all it is about playing together with other people.

If you desperately want the best gear via soloing maybe check out some single player titles like The Wither for example, they are all way better than AoC in that regard.
    100% agreed, nicely written.
    The way itself for getting better gear keep me bind to monitor and keyboard while playing AoC.
    Thumbs up

I agree on all Redd wrote here.
    I'm not into T5 / T6 raiding, but I don't want that gear to be given for free (aka soloing), because that would completely destroy the sense of gear progression which is essential in PvE.
    I agree that this game at the moment lack some group (6men) content, but overall things are pretty good nowdays gear wise.
    If one day I will have the time and will to aim for the best raid gear in game, I actually want to raid for it.
    That's what game is about, having fun WHILE aiming for some goal (gear, PvP skill and levels, achievements etc).
    The fun doesn't come from gear itself.
    A MMORPG game where gear is given for free, money or soloing would die in short time.
    Buy something more useful for your life with your credit card, or a single player game if you like that kind of videogame.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 6th January 2016 at 12:58.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    The fun doesn't come from gear itself.
    Pretty much sums up my entire post.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast