Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Funcom and Conan Properties Enters New Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Haha. Hey, we've still got the Arena system coming up, and the Raid Finder is still in the works. I know these are only words to read and not content to play, but I assure you that we're working diligently on new features.
    It is indeed words, and also more indeed nothing anyone really wants. Arena System sounds cool, but will have zero replay value being solo. Raid Finder will be some badly ported TSW feature that nobody asked for. I don't see why any resources should be devoted to it. Raids in this game are what they are now, they don't need to be turned into some WB loot pinata.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Haha. Hey, we've still got the Arena system coming up, and the Raid Finder is still in the works. I know these are only words to read and not content to play, but I assure you that we're working diligently on new features.
    I hope it will bring joy to old players, so that they may return to game☺ i know many of my old buddys who i used to hang out with in kesh back in 2010 talked about that☺ back in the day it was rear to see under 10 people waiting for duels in kesh, this for the braging rights😄
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Sorry for beeing off topic, but as the arena was mentioned here I might just ask right here and be safe with it :

Can anyone help me out and tell me where to find the latest news and description of the arena system? I am really confused by now because there were a lot of contradicting statements. Players reactions confused me, too, because we were begging for a pvp-arena for hundreds of years (CONAN! ARENA! old deleted forum - many really heavy petitions!), but regardless which typ of system was announced, it seems no one liked it. Well, don't want to start a off topic discussion here, just want to know what the arena system will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Sorry for beeing off topic, but as the arena was mentioned here I might just ask right here and be safe with it :

Can anyone help me out and tell me where to find the latest news and description of the arena system? I am really confused by now because there were a lot of contradicting statements. Players reactions confused me, too, because we were begging for a pvp-arena for hundreds of years (CONAN! ARENA! old deleted forum - many really heavy petitions!), but regardless which typ of system was announced, it seems no one liked it. Well, don't want to start a off topic discussion here, just want to know what the arena system will be like.
    There will be a small pvp arena either 1vs1 or 2vs2 (iirc) -there some people have doubts about being fair balanced .

--AND-- a (solo I think) pve arena where you can fight your collected pets
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

First, thanks Odonoptera for clarifying issues on these forums. It's good to have some more active community management here.

Secondly, it's good to hear that the dev team is working on the items described in Cirith's farewell message. What would be nice to have at some point is some kind of a mission statement by the current dev team (Tilty, Mussagana, and any new people as indicated in your original post) - i.e. a statement which sets out their longer term goals as opposed to what is currently being worked on.

There's plenty of stuff which has been mentioned by devs in the past, and is currently floating around in the ether - for example,
    * the crafting revamp,
    * potential class revamps,
    * potential changes to the minigame signup system,
    * the Slithering Chaos dungeon / mini-raid.

To the extent that this can be shared with players, it would be nice to get an understanding of where the dev team's current priorities are, what they are considering for the mid- to longer term, and whether anything is definitely off the books. Obviously, if they are considering other items which have not previously been discussed, that would also be good to know
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    It is indeed words, and also more indeed nothing anyone really wants. Arena System sounds cool, but will have zero replay value being solo. Raid Finder will be some badly ported TSW feature that nobody asked for. I don't see why any resources should be devoted to it. Raids in this game are what they are now, they don't need to be turned into some WB loot pinata.
    I agree, that pve arena is nothing but more solo content no one ever asked for.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Arena is a terribly conceived idea. I predict it will flop, like horse racing.

As for a raid finder (No longer a dungeon finger now? Just raids?), it's way too late. That was the type of thing that should have been implemented 2-3 years after the games released, at the most. But then again, it's not being worked on for AoC, is it? It's for TSW and it just happens to be able to be ported over. That's why the 4 year long crafting revamp was canceled - because that was ONLY for AoC.

I'm willing to bet that the raid finder will essentially just turn raid bosses into easy-mode world bosses since the difficulty level "adjusts" based on how many people are in your group, and how many times you fail.
    Last edited by krippa; 13th January 2016 at 17:27.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    First, thanks Odonoptera for clarifying issues on these forums. It's good to have some more active community management here.

Secondly, it's good to hear that the dev team is working on the items described in Cirith's farewell message. What would be nice to have at some point is some kind of a mission statement by the current dev team (Tilty, Mussagana, and any new people as indicated in your original post) - i.e. a statement which sets out their longer term goals as opposed to what is currently being worked on.

There's plenty of stuff which has been mentioned by devs in the past, and is currently floating around in the ether - for example,
    * the crafting revamp,
    * potential class revamps,
    * potential changes to the minigame signup system,
    * the Slithering Chaos dungeon / mini-raid.

To the extent that this can be shared with players, it would be nice to get an understanding of where the dev team's current priorities are, what they are considering for the mid- to longer term, and whether anything is definitely off the books. Obviously, if they are considering other items which have not previously been discussed, that would also be good to know
    Thanks for your understanding and kind words; I appreciate them. Yeah, I know we've been a bit quiet since the most recent development update letter, and that something I'm working on addressing. I'm talking with Tilty about our plans to communicate our progress moving forward, and hopefully we'll be able to get something more substantial soon.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

As long as it's not sine kind of solo duel arena or pug only groups, it's already hard enough to PVP with my friends since you all limit my groups to world PvP only.
    Doomsayer 2008

Thank you, Odonoptera, for your continued efforts!

Oy, pvp whiners, knock it off. We got a new CM who has already got traction on last sub offer and has mentioned changes in sub model/expansion access. Dude is trying and he's not the CEO. Give him a break and don't make him hate his job or you'll get a CM like previous ones. Breath of fresh air, so let's all give him a chance and drop the baggage. Countless other threads already log your grievances. Btw, I don't care for pve, so don't call me a Crom player: no toons there.

Basically, just because funcom broke your heart, it's not new CM's fault and ruining every thread with pointless complaints is just that, pointless. Do something useful like send him a pm or start a petition like usedtissue did.
    "Does it always smell like this?"

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast