Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Funcom and Conan Properties Enters New Partnership

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    I wouldn't call AOC low res compared to the other MMO's out there.
    Agreed. I just didn't want to start a yes/no debate with my earlier post, but you are absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    I wouldn't call AOC low res compared to the other MMO's out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlya View Post
    Agreed. I just didn't want to start a yes/no debate with my earlier post, but you are absolutely right.
    There isn't a debate possible because it's an objective fact that many of AoC's textures are low resolution. Like, you could open them with a program and check the resolution. You can't argue it anymore than you can argue that 1 + 1 isn't 2.

That doesn't mean that Age of Conan isn't a beautiful game that has aged better than many other MMOs, or that it isn't common for MMOs to have fairly low resolution textures (though there are some exceptions nowadays). It is perfectly natural when we consider that many of the textures in this game were probably made in 2004-2006, though unfortunately Funcom still didn't make many of the new textures in Khitai and beyond that all that high res. Which is why several of the T4 and T6 items for example look kinda dodgy, like the handle of the T4 DT sword, or the two-handed swords in T6.

High res textures isn't everything for how good a game looks - just look at WoW, the last few expacs has had far higher resolution textures for environments than AoC, but it still isn't as good looking a game. However, the low res textures in Age of Conan is the biggest reason it looks dated now.

This new game won't be another MMO where this sort of thing is accepted because the game needs to perform decently in mass PvE or PvP situations where tons of stuff will be happening at once. It will be a 2016 single-player game, and again, textures from 2006 or whatever won't be appreciated.

Great news ! i love this game and im coming back soon.
    Any idea when are you going to release Rise of the Godslayer for people who own it ? just to have a date or a month to look forward to

Fantastic news indeed. It even made me decide to buy a subscription again for half a year instead of using F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    including Khitai access for owners of RotGS.  We hear you!

Finally ! i was waiting for this to come back to Hyboria ! really good news ! can't wait more !

Quote Originally Posted by AoCWaldgeist View Post
    My secret wish is for a The Witcher styled RPG series with Conan as the lead character. The world, the story telling, the character everything lends itself so perfectly to a similar format. Oh well... a man can dream *sigh*

Meh.

Conan is Conan, not my character. If I play an RPG, I want a character that I make, not one that someone else has premade for me and predefined his motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Meh.

Conan is Conan, not my character. If I play an RPG, I want a character that I make, not one that someone else has premade for me and predefined his motivations.
    that's why i love MMORPGs.
    meh...

Meh, we also heard that the crafting system was going to be updated 3 years ago too, so any development plans for anything new, I wont get excited for until at least 2019

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast