Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Funcom and Conan Properties Enters New Partnership

Default Pure PVP Is the Right Idea

A small PVP game that keeps the current AOC PVP mechanics but eliminates gear boosts and cheats -- this is a great idea. Time and time again I hear people say that AOC has either the best or one of the best PVP gameplay controls.

Make it like chess. You got nothing coming in, and you got nothing going out. No saved toons. Just skill.

For variability, introduce new terrains, and different PVP games.
    Foode 80 PoM

Quote Originally Posted by savoysavvy View Post
    A small PVP game that keeps the current AOC PVP mechanics but eliminates gear boosts and cheats -- this is a great idea. Time and time again I hear people say that AOC has either the best or one of the best PVP gameplay controls.
    That was done with Warhammer Online. They made Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes, which removed all the PvE and only left 100% PvP. It got shut down after little more than a year.

AoC could be different, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    That was done with Warhammer Online. They made Warhammer Online: Wrath of Heroes, which removed all the PvE and only left 100% PvP. It got shut down after little more than a year.

that made me laugh
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post

Well, that would guarantee that I don't even so much as give it a look.

It's gonna be like Hearthstone , only with Conan lore and design
    , which idea i love
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Funcom and Conan Properties Enters New Partnership

Hi all,

Above you will find a link to a press release announcing that Funcom and Conan Properties, the owners of the Conan intellectual property (IP), have entered into a new partnership and that Funcom will be announcing a new Conan game in January 2016.

What does that mean for you all in Age of Conan?  Moving forward, one thing we want to make clear is that we are committed to the continued development of Age of Conan into 2016 and beyond.  We are all excited to be gaining a Game Director and expanding our development team in the near future! The development of the new Conan game will not interrupt any development on Age of Conan.

The new project will be produced by a different team within Funcom; the current development of Age of Conan will not be impacted.  The PvE and PvP arena system will come to fruition.  The raid finder will be unleashed.  We are evaluating our membership system at a fundamental level, working to increase overall convenience and accessibility for rookies and veterans alike--including Khitai access for owners of RotGS.  We hear you!

Thanks for reading, and please look out for the announcement of the new game in January next year.  
    the same been told as tsw was developed

Idk , don't think there are many resources that could be taken away from aoc .
    In my opinion a small adventure / point and click game based in turan would have potential . The zone is very nicely designed , looks mysterious and is big enough.
    It could all lead to a showdown in Temple of Erlik where some cult brings in creatures of another dimension.
    Somewhat like in Call of ctuhlu : Dark corners of the earth . Just in Conan universe
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

I too laughed at that.

No impact on AoC developement ? Oh well, since there's none, i guess there's no much risk of that indeed ^^
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

To be honest, I liked The Park. I liked it a lot. As short as it was, I think it was a pretty good experience. Nothing was ground breaking (nor pant-sh*tting) but the atmosphere was great and the good design drove you forward and lead you to tons of sweet ideas (even if none of them were really new in the video game history).

So I'm pretty confident that Funcom can do a decent game with a small budget.

However, the style was completely out of place for a conan game. People expect action and some combat when they buy a game branded "conan" no matter who the game protagonist is. So Funcom better be creative on that part and design a solid combat system, otherwise it's doomed to fail.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I too laughed at that.

No impact on AoC developement ? Oh well, since there's none, i guess there's no much risk of that indeed ^^
    Haha. Hey, we've still got the Arena system coming up, and the Raid Finder is still in the works. I know these are only words to read and not content to play, but I assure you that we're working diligently on new features.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast