Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New subscription offer: is one coming soon?

What's TSW? Age of Conan is the game people remember (and know of Funcom by) because it's Conan, a fantasy character whose tales have been read by 300 to 500 million people. The Lancer series alone ended up selling 60-70 million copies of some books. Millions of people are ready to play a fun Conan game and AoC just needs to be more enjoyable and less grindy to become that game. I mean even on Crom I spend weeks to get one piece of good armor. That's just too much. Can't you see that? Oh well, you don't know what you got until you lose it I guess.
    Last edited by Bladesaint; 4th December 2015 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    You should pester them to talk about it on here for us.

Really makes me wonder what kind of 'math' they are using to determine that XP pots and 1 character only items are super popular. Almost everyone I've seen on the forums and talked to in-game have been disappointed with the sub offers the past few years, while sub offers in the first few years (Account wide bonuses) went over much better.
    I would be willing to bet the vast majority of those who subbed with the offers the past couple years were either low on game-time, sick of lousy offers and decided to just go with what little you gave, were new/inexperienced enough to think they were awesome offers, or didn't care about bonus items, just game time. Back in the day, you would get people to sub up years in advance because of the awesome account wide bonuses. People would get a 6 month, and 1 year from the same offer because they liked the bonuses in both tiers, and then do the same again 6 months later.
    You know how a mathematican captures a lion?
    Probably they do it similar here by just defining everyone taking the offer does it just BECAUSE of the pots and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I love your choice of words there.

I work in the US. I am part of the Community Team out of the US. This has always been the case. We have had to work when certain Norwegian people had the entire month of July off. It's simply different standards, based on the country. All of that said, you were still wrong about my posting a poll after I had posted my heart out to you all- so I win an internet point. That's how these things go, isn't it?

As for sub offer stuff- I am NOT saying that anyone will actually ...ya know... DO... what you're saying should be done, but suggestions are welcome I'll take it to the people in the back room and see what they have to say. Of course, keep in mind that you all are the vocal minority here, and that our marketing dept. actually has statistics or some kind of math that is way too boring for me to even TRY to understand, let alone explain.
    Wow. You REALLY just don't want to be here, on these boards, talking to these people. It shows in every post you make.
    Last edited by Slith; 5th December 2015 at 16:27.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Wow. You REALLY just don't want to be here, on these boards, talking to these people. It shows in every post you make.
    I love that other thread where players tell a "community manager" what their job is
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

He didn't want to be here that's why he left Funcom this week. I can't blame him because Funcom gives the CMs nothing to work with.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

If anything that gives me more hope for Odonoptera
    Retired

Talking

Soooo... maybe time for some new sub offers? ; D

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    If anything that gives me more hope for Odonoptera
    Hah. No pressure or anything.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

You're our last hope.

*makes buns with his hairs*
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    You know how a mathematican captures a lion?
    Probably they do it similar here by just defining everyone taking the offer does it just BECAUSE of the pots and other stuff.
    hehe, somethign like that, their math cant be based upon anything but the amount of people actually taking the offer.
    but i mean the offers are crap. its just that these offers are the only thing that we acutally get. theres like nothing else.

almost every other game i play has better sub offers, (ALMOST not all)

but both devs, and community knows how lil AOC has to work with these days, but really, its like they are afraid to test something new that would acutally generate money. there is plenty you can do very cheaply to make a game more affordable and more enjoyable.
    AOC is a 8 year old game, and its far past time for the in-game store and the sub-offers to reflect that.

Again im not blaming anyone in particular. just not at all a fan of the overall Funcom policies, I just really dont get how a company does not want to make more money with such a great base product. Khitai was brilliant, and having another expansion with the quality of khitai, would have been absolutly wonderful. the amount of content in that addon is just wonderful. and i would have loved to see ONE more of those

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast