Thread: Returning Player what the Hell did they do to the Ranger Class?

Thumbs down Returning Player what the Hell did they do to the Ranger Class?

I left the game about 2010 waiting for the updates for the crafting systems and more content. I see they have a few new raid dungeons and a few outdoor playable areas, that's great and new tier raiding armor etc. I see the Shadows of Vanaheim content was released. I was going to return and sub to the game but decided to do a little Free to play and see how everything flowed.

Logged in my trusty ranger to find out that it don't do what it used to do. Its a weak bag of bones and a waste of time. It was my main for many years and now its nothing. I don't know what it is with fun com but they are on their Third Game Director and the game seems to continue to go down hill and there is so much potential with this game that they seem not to really care about making it thrive.

In 7 years they cant seem to get more content and engage the community with better story lines. AOC has some of the best combat graphics and animations still today for a game released in 2008. I don't know what it is but the lack of polish and I think lack of commitment to the games design and core systems is lacking.

I'm bummed I was looking forward to come back and play a bit of the new content as a premium player but think, I will pass with this new combat system and revamp. Its a bummer indeed I can see why folks are upset and dislike the ranger class. It lost some great systems. I think one way to fix It would be have to separate rule servers and bring back the old combat for PVE ONLY no PVP at all. I think the years of complaints have destroyed the ranger class completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinsia View Post
    I left the game about 2010 waiting for the updates for the crafting systems and more content. I see they have a few new raid dungeons and a few outdoor playable areas, that's great and new tier raiding armor etc. I see the Shadows of Vanaheim content was released. I was going to return and sub to the game but decided to do a little Free to play and see how everything flowed.

Logged in my trusty ranger to find out that it don't do what it used to do. Its a weak bag of bones and a waste of time. It was my main for many years and now its nothing. I don't know what it is with fun com but they are on their Third Game Director and the game seems to continue to go down hill and there is so much potential with this game that they seem not to really care about making it thrive.

In 7 years they cant seem to get more content and engage the community with better story lines. AOC has some of the best combat graphics and animations still today for a game released in 2008. I don't know what it is but the lack of polish and I think lack of commitment to the games design and core systems is lacking.

I'm bummed I was looking forward to come back and play a bit of the new content as a premium player but think, I will pass with this new combat system and revamp. Its a bummer indeed I can see why folks are upset and dislike the ranger class. It lost some great systems. I think one way to fix It would be have to separate rule servers and bring back the old combat for PVE ONLY no PVP at all. I think the years of complaints have destroyed the ranger class completely.
    This makes no sense. Ranger is easiest and one of hardest to "fail on" classes in game. You must be trying to do melee ranger sword and shield dps. Yes that is a thing of the past, although some combo can still be useful to CC, but its redundant. Bow or crossbow is equally good now, sword and shield are just for show. Simplest rotation Up Down Armor ripper Up Down Deadly Draw Up Down Penetrating shot takes care of anything. Spec into improving those and you will top dps on ranger or at least will have decent dps.
    Last edited by Dimchik; 10th November 2015 at 08:30.

Angry

Where is my Salvo
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

Quote Originally Posted by mrhood View Post
    Where is my Salvo
    only the hyrkanians remember how to use salvo...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    only the hyrkanians remember how to use salvo...
    Unless you get a pvp pen shot fatality then you get the salve animation :-D

But to the op. The ranger is gear dependant if your running t1/2 gear it will be heavy going solo or higher raid tier playing. ( I found this when I came back to game) but its not as fun to play as pre revamp ranger.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Unless you get a pvp pen shot fatality then you get the salve animation :-D
    that may be a good reason to do some pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    But to the op. The ranger is gear dependant if your running t1/2 gear it will be heavy going solo or higher raid tier playing. ( I found this when I came back to game) but its not as fun to play as pre revamp ranger.
    i don't agree about the gear dependency. i've been doing all the khitai quests with my alt ranger in t2/t3 gear without any problem, and... you've seen the parses of my alt in raids...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Ranger very good feel in raids and dangeons, but he is quite tiring in single PvE against several mobs
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo