Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update PVP Match Making Please

Default Update PVP Match Making Please

I'd really like to see an update to the PVP match making system. It's would appear the system has an out dated algorithm in place, designed (as far as I can tell) to simply separate specific classes and place them on opposite teams (like each team gets 1 tank, 1 healer, and to not stack Sins, ect). But this doesn't take into account time played, PVP level (which although doesn't mean skill, will usually mean gear) as well as (perhaps most importantly) Win/Loss ratio. I'm not sure on the experience of other players, but I find that mini games almost always are 1 sided. It's so rare to find that game where all the teams are stacked up properly, and your not hating that PVP 1 guy who goes 0 and 20 (who then gets yelled at in group chat, making the PVP community something only the thick skinned wish to stick around for). Is it possible to put together an update for PVP match making? Something like "for players above PVP 4, Win/Loss Ratio will determine how you are placed, and the players below PVP 4 will not be stacked on 1 team." This alone in my opinion would correct a lot of the issues that people have with minis atm. Since why put the crappy PVP 10 Conq (I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about =D) with the crappy PVP 7 ToS in full T4 armor in a mini game, and then give the other team the awesome PVP 10 DT, as well as the epic PVP 10 PoM who are both far superior to the tank/healer on the opposite team. Instead make it so the crappy tank is put with the good healer, and the good tanks put with the bad healer. So there is some form of balance. I'm sure this topic has been covered plenty of times, but figure I post and get peoples thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader View Post
    I'd really like to see an update to the PVP match making system. It's would appear the system has an out dated algorithm in place, designed (as far as I can tell) to simply separate specific classes and place them on opposite teams (like each team gets 1 tank, 1 healer, and to not stack Sins, ect). But this doesn't take into account time played, PVP level (which although doesn't mean skill, will usually mean gear) as well as (perhaps most importantly) Win/Loss ratio. I'm not sure on the experience of other players, but I find that mini games almost always are 1 sided. It's so rare to find that game where all the teams are stacked up properly, and your not hating that PVP 1 guy who goes 0 and 20 (who then gets yelled at in group chat, making the PVP community something only the thick skinned wish to stick around for). Is it possible to put together an update for PVP match making? Something like "for players above PVP 4, Win/Loss Ratio will determine how you are placed, and the players below PVP 4 will not be stacked on 1 team." This alone in my opinion would correct a lot of the issues that people have with minis atm. Since why put the crappy PVP 10 Conq (I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about =D) with the crappy PVP 7 ToS in full T4 armor in a mini game, and then give the other team the awesome PVP 10 DT, as well as the epic PVP 10 PoM who are both far superior to the tank/healer on the opposite team. Instead make it so the crappy tank is put with the good healer, and the good tanks put with the bad healer. So there is some form of balance. I'm sure this topic has been covered plenty of times, but figure I post and get peoples thoughts.
    Remove hide from games, put up a rez pad wall so a team can give up and not be farmed, and do the balancing once 12 people are in the game, not before when you have some players drop. That is a major part of what you are getting at is the game runs the balance algorithm when the 12 players immediately exit the queue. This is why some teams end up having 2 healers or 2 tanks, and the other team none.

And ffs, remove the flag movement penalty. Make it more dynamic to get other classes carrying the flag besides a tank with speed bursts so you can ninja cap or escape a team focusing you.

Very easy to fix pvp:

-Remove pvp levels(making it finally pvp and not pve grind fest)
    -Block AA and pve gear in pvp
    -Add a version/option of deathmatch of each minigame map,basicly team with more kills wins.
    -ban hackers & exploiters
    done

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Very easy to fix pvp:

-Add a version/option of deathmatch of each minigame map,basicly team with more kills wins.
    done
    Dude we need to make you the new Dev!

lol funny thing is that's every pvp'ers dream, to have this made honestly.
    The Law of Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Chegy4 View Post
    Dude we need to make you the new Dev!

lol funny thing is that's every pvp'ers dream, to have this made honestly.
    ++
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Couldn't agree more, the match making in this game is shocking, its either farm or be farmed, hardly ever any close good mini games anymore, Funcom needs to give pvp a lot of love in this aspect of the game, the current system is lazy and broken...

Well, this balanced mini stuff is no more no less than the unchained minigames promised years ago and the ban of hackers is the minimum you can expect from an online game that cares about the user experience.

The pvp approach from funcom here is to capitalize as much as possible with the item store with the will of never bringing a truely competitive scene since their Edit by Anzu: That part is not needed. baby are pve raiders.
    Last edited by Anzu; 25th July 2016 at 01:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Very easy to fix pvp:

done
    As a PVP player, I disagree and prefer the following:
    - remove the streak system and the membership PVP experience bonus;
    - remove PVP item shop gear;
    - set the PVP gear requirements as they were before the latest patch (e.g. rings are available at PVP level 1, all gear is available later by 2 levels on average);
    - make the PVP gear as it was before the last PVP patch: it should not be so overly powerful and PVE gear should be as viable as PVP gear;
    - slow down the current AA gain to the level of 2010-2012.
    - add new maps and game modes;
    - AFK people should be kicked out of the minigame;
    - implement Punkbuster or a similar cheat-engine-detecting system;
    - make using any macros bannable.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    As a PVP player, I disagree and prefer the following:
    - remove the streak system and the membership PVP experience bonus;
    - remove PVP item shop gear;
    - set the PVP gear requirements as they were before the latest patch (e.g. rings are available at PVP level 1, all gear is available later by 2 levels on average);
    - make the PVP gear as it was before the last PVP patch: it should not be so overly powerful and PVE gear should be as viable as PVP gear;
    - slow down the current AA gain to the level of 2010-2012.
    WTF? How can u, as a PvPer, thinking like that?

The streak system - not a bad idea, but In Pug heaven...well

PvP item shop gear - I dont have any problem with it, with actual f2p system (still need some tweaks for sure), why not, I would even go for a lower price

old PvP gear req - the f*ck?

PvP gear - again, the f/ck? PvE gear again stronger for PvP? Serously?

AA system - should I repeat myself?

Man, from anything u wrote about PvP, u re very wrong. PvP should always be about skill and knowledge lvl, ranks; skins; glory; etc, good ones should be highlighted somehow, but definately not with smth what makes them more powerfull then any other player. This grind love, I dont get it...

wanted to come back really so hard but with this pug **** hell no way.....unless they completely revamp pvp and I mean completely its dead game for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast