Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Development letter for September.

Funcom

Let me try and clarify a few things:

Firstly the information I provide for the letters obviously does come a few days in advance of the letter going public so sometimes I have to second guess a bit what the status (especially on testlive) will be, in this case Ethram-Fal came out a bit earlier than expected. I had also hoped to be able to provide a bit more details on the gear, stat wise, but due to needing to rebalance a few things and make the changes mentioned to the set bonuses this hasn't been possible, I do hope to provide this soon though once certain deadlines have been met.

In regards to the set bonuses from T5, to clarify, yes they are being removed from all the gear and the only way to regain them will be by purchasing the runes, where that single rune will apply the equivalent of the 8 piece bonus. As these are being classified as 'major' runes it does mean they will stack with the runes coming from the achievement system and does allow for a lot of fairly simple itemization options in the future.
    The price we are looking at for buying these is 90 simple relic Vs and the requirement of having beaten the full tier. Now there is also the possibility that Kyllikki will see some minor (not the extent of other tiers in the patch) changes to the balance and / or that the runes will also be made available to buy using tier 6 relics (likely at a higher price though), but these are currently only possibilities and therefore we did not want to put either option in the letter.

For the gear shown in the screenshots, what you are seeing (from left to right and top to bottom):
    Bear Shaman set (m), HoX set (f), Caster Int set (m & f), Soldier Protection set (m).
    This therefore illustrates what was mentioned in a previous letter about there being a number of different armor silhouettes (6 in total) where different color variations are made to differentiate between classes who have to use the same silhouette as another class (bear shaman vs hox). There will be some comments I am sure about medium armor being shared by the HoX, but we felt the visuals in this case were more appropriate to the class.

Finally regarding LFR/LFG.
    The statement about multiple difficulty tiers for LFR is mostly related to Tier 6 and all future raids. The changes to the previous tiers should already me making these tiers casual friendly, though there may need to be certain modification to specific encounters when the system comes out, for example the zodiac, which might still be not considered 'casual friendly'.

I am also very happy to officially welcome Mussagana to the project.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Welcome on board Mussagana!!

This letter seems fine....except the part about T5 set bonuses. Sezmra can be very confusing sometimes.

Does it mean that players who can't clear the whole raid will not be able to have any T5 set bonus?
    One rune for one buff and one rune at a time...can anyone help me understand how it will work ?
    How many tokens will one rune cost?
    That's the way it read to me as well. Kinda sucks since there are 20 guilds doing t5 (killing yak) and of those 20 only 9 are clearing. So are the other 11 just wasting their time?

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post

Firstly the information I provide for the letters obviously does come a few days in advance of the letter going public so sometimes I have to second guess a bit what the status (especially on testlive) will be, in this case Ethram-Fal came out a bit earlier than expected. I had also hoped to be able to provide a bit more details on the gear, stat wise, but due to needing to rebalance a few things and make the changes mentioned to the set bonuses this hasn't been possible, I do hope to provide this soon though once certain deadlines have been met.

In regards to the set bonuses from T5, to clarify, yes they are being removed from all the gear and the only way to regain them will be by purchasing the runes, where that single rune will apply the equivalent of the 8 piece bonus. As these are being classified as 'major' runes it does mean they will stack with the runes coming from the achievement system and does allow for a lot of fairly simple itemization options in the future.
    The price we are looking at for buying these is 90 simple relic Vs and the requirement of having beaten the full tier. Now there is also the possibility that Kyllikki will see some minor (not the extent of other tiers in the patch) changes to the balance and / or that the runes will also be made available to buy using tier 6 relics (likely at a higher price though), but these are currently only possibilities and therefore we did not want to put either option in the letter.

For the gear shown in the screenshots, what you are seeing (from left to right and top to bottom):
    Bear Shaman set (m), HoX set (f), Caster Int set (m & f), Soldier Protection set (m).
    This therefore illustrates what was mentioned in a previous letter about there being a number of different armor silhouettes (6 in total) where different color variations are made to differentiate between classes who have to use the same silhouette as another class (bear shaman vs hox). There will be some comments I am sure about medium armor being shared by the HoX, but we felt the visuals in this case were more appropriate to the class.

Finally regarding LFR/LFG.
    The statement about multiple difficulty tiers for LFR is mostly related to Tier 6 and all future raids. The changes to the previous tiers should already me making these tiers casual friendly, though there may need to be certain modification to specific encounters when the system comes out, for example the zodiac, which might still be not considered 'casual friendly'.

I guess the runes will not provide any bonuses inside of minis? The hox flat btd increase with full pvp gear would make it rather stronk. Same behaviour as the CC resist rune aye?
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Firstly the information I provide for the letters obviously does come a few days in advance of the letter going public so sometimes I have to second guess a bit what the status (especially on testlive) will be, in this case Ethram-Fal came out a bit earlier ...

So if I understand this correctly, after having ppl farm bambilion raids to get the T5 gear, you are removing from it the only feature that made this subpar gear worth getting and simultaneously forcing ppl grind another xy amount of T5 raids to keep these bonuses, because now the only valuable item in loot will be the token urns and everyone will want them.

And yea, what about pvp? Ppl running around in T3 pvp gear with T5 set bonuses, that doesnt look very well for the overall balance.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

I agree that the armor looks terrible. But, seems to have a very Egyptian flair to it and I've never liked the look of Egyptian armor; I'm more into Greek or Roman styles. Not that I'll ever get a set, of course. I am by no means good enough for PvP and it seems that's the only way to get this really advanced stuff.

However, it still hasn't gone down the Cartoon Path, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    I guess the runes will not provide any bonuses inside of minis? The hox flat btd increase with full pvp gear would make it rather stronk. Same behaviour as the CC resist rune aye?
    I think they should both be disabled in Border Kingdom zones too for that matter. We really don't need further imbalance in pvp.

(there isn't ever going to be t5 or t6 raids on Fury (even t4 isn't on farm) so no need to worry about the effect on open world pvp there, as sad as it may sound...)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogec View Post
    So if I understand this correctly, after having ppl farm bambilion raids to get the T5 gear, you are removing from it the only feature that made this subpar gear worth getting and simultaneously forcing ppl grind another xy amount of T5 raids to keep these bonuses, because now the only valuable item in loot will be the token urns and everyone will want them.

And yea, what about pvp? Ppl running around in T3 pvp gear with T5 set bonuses, that doesnt look very well for the overall balance.
    Anyone who has been "grinding" t5 already has 90 relics (probably a lot more), unless they've been switching to alts the moment they got fully geared in which case they deserve what they get.

Don't bother spending time on this if it's too hard but could it be possible to sell back T5 gear to vendors?
    Many people including myself are saving relics for a while now while waiting for the vendor that will sell weapons (240 relics at least for most to buy two weapons). Now however we also need to save relics to buy T5 bonuses so we need over 300 relics after already having farmed the whole set from T5 which is an effort that is now barely rewarded if at all. That doesn't seem right.

On the other side now that the amount of T5 pieces does not matter anymore for the strength of your finesse hit or set bonus many if not all classes could have the option to sell some minor, or even major set pieces back to the vendor and replacing them with better T4 counterparts.

There are a couple things that worry be.

This change to set bonuses goes against the whole design of a set bonus system where you have pieces from multiple sets to get a balance between what bonuses you want. I get that it is the easy way out, taking less time and effort, so whatever. This isn't so bad aside from the fact you get 0 set bonus if you haven't killed Kyllikki yet. It does feel like you are screwing over those who haven't finished T5 yet. I expect that after your changes, a lot of people will ignore getting a full set of T5, instead going straight for the rune and moving on in T6.

What it should be instead is that T5 set bonuses remain on T5 gear, and can be gotten instead from the Rune (Rune not stacking with T5 gear set bonus). This would be more acceptable. Right now it will suck for those still progressing to lose out on the minor set bonuses.

Since you are dumbing down T5 loot, maybe you should dumb down the T5 bosses so more guilds can complete them?

I don't like the idea of the LFR system being tied to only a few raids. It should be usable for all raids in game, regardless of difficulty. Just make sure people can tell the difference between the easy mode and the harder mode, and it should be fine.

I'm sure we would all like to know exactly how the groups will be formed (in terms of class balance) for the LFR tool. I assume the standard 2x2x2x..... system.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    That's the way it read to me as well. Kinda sucks since there are 20 guilds doing t5 (killing yak) and of those 20 only 9 are clearing. So are the other 11 just wasting their time?
    Less than that now since I believe some of the guilds on the list have quit raiding.
    Last edited by tapwater; 1st October 2015 at 15:30.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast