Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Development letter for September.

Thanks for the update, Sezmra.

One question though, regarding the raid finder:

Quote Originally Posted by Sezmra
    The plan is to include Thoth-Amon's Stronghold, The Jade Citadel, and potentially The Temple of Erlik into this system.

This will allow all players to experience the fantastic main storylines while collecting loot! We're still designing the rewards found in these raids; options include slightly toned down versions of existing loot from these instances, or a new token type awarded through the LFR system to be used at a new gear vendor.
    Based on the discussion in the TL forums, I thought that the old raids would simply be nerfed instead of getting an additional "LFR mode". Is that still the plan, or are the devs looking at having two versions (normal mode and LFR mode) for T3, T4 and potentially T3.5 as well?
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Talking

I'm a filthy casual, LFG / LFR is my thing, i will sub again if this see the light of day

Sezmra seems way out of the loop. Ethram Fal has already been on test live for a while, he's not coming "really soon". Gear from T6 hasn't appeared on test live either, all we've seen is some partial previews on the forums, nothing in-game.

Outside of that, I like the news. Keeping T5 set bonuses for T6 armors was necessary for balancing some classes, and they seem to have done that in a good way. I expect it will also keep people doing T5 since we'll need more relics and ice shards (though I suppose anyone who has been raiding on their main this whole time has more than enough stocked up), which I don't mind since it will keep the raid from being abandoned for greener pastures.

LFG/LFR is a pointless waste of time that may do more harm than good, but whatever. I'm impressed they're making yet another new Halloween event (I found the previous ones pretty good, by aoc standards), but I can't help but feel those resources might've been spent better on maybe unchaining another dungeon or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Welcome on board Mussagana!!

This letter seems fine....except the part about T5 set bonuses. Sezmra can be very confusing sometimes.

Does it mean that players who can't clear the whole raid will not be able to have any T5 set bonus?
    One rune for one buff and one rune at a time...can anyone help me understand how it will work ?
    How many tokens will one rune cost?
    Well if That's the case then Funcom just killed of the interest in T5 for another raid group and quite possibly other raid groups.

WP Funcom, WP.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Well if That's the case then Funcom just killed of the interest in T5 for another raid group and quite possibly other raid groups.

WP Funcom, WP.
    They can still get the set bonus from 8 pieces of T5 gear. They just can't use the T5 set bonus with possible T6 gear if they haven't cleared T5 before (and rightfully so imo).

Those runes are a great idea. It solves so many issues from the past, now and in the future.
    It solves the old issue of some classes having to wear inferior gear statwise in order to get set bonus (like healers). It solves the future issue of T5 being completely forgotten (was about to open post about this).
    It also gives a great new way for Funcom to keep any dungeon/raid they want relevant even for the best geared chars. Imagine a quest to kill all bosses in T1 5 times. When done this gives rune with generic 1% damage mod and opens quest to do same in T2 for a new rune with 2% (does not stack with T1 one). Same for T3/T3.5 and voila, T1-T3.5 is relevant to farm for 20 weeks for every toon.
    Another option is to drop a runes with a specific buff that can not be gotten anywhere else. Imagine for example a full run in mines HM including Jade gives 1 token (1 day cooldown) and 10 of those tokes give a rune that gives 500 fire protection. All Entity loggers will suddenly start doing 6mans that were completely forgotten before.
    Those runes can also be class/archetype specific and can go completely wild on one stat so people want them all to customize their stats as best they can for every fight. The possibilities are endless.

Pve runes should not work for pvp, but system can work there too. Certain pvp or achievements in pvp can be rewarded with runes that are pvp focussed.

The more I think about it the more options I see and the best part is that they all look relatively easy to implement I think.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 1st October 2015 at 10:26.

Runes are only way out of the set bonus mess, and gives options for future, but it creates another worry.

Need to know relic costs in advance, current 8/8 buffs should be converted into the rune, if they're removed from the armor then current full T5 players have to spend more relics again for buff they already have, and with those fail weapon drops some of us who weren't lucky need over 400 relics for class weapons alone.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

While I agree that the buff should not be removed from 8 pieces of T5 gear I don't think full T5 chars should just get the rune considering one can get full T5 in one raid without even killing the last boss.

Another thing you should not forget is that the bonus from the rune is actually better then the bonus from the gear because it is not bound to T5 gear but can be used in combination with any gear you desire (like T6 gear in future but also like prot/con gear now). It makes sense for them to ask some additional effort but it will bea tough deal for healers that just spend their tokens on buying worthless T5 gear while they would have been better off using T4 gear with T5 bonus from rune. The fact that weapons are such a fiasco does not mean other systems should be created in a flawed way to compensate/work around old mistakes.

Purpose is to get rid of them from gear, so I don't any reason to punish anyone about it. Also, unless you are any priest or conq (and DT in certain pieces), T5 gear is generally the best in game so it doesn't really change things, priest/DT get minimal buff from set bonus, correctly played brute conq gets nice bonus so that's only one with major gain there.

Sidenote; I'd leave set bonuses on T5 gear, and make the rune available with T6 relics since that's the whole purpose of it.
    Last edited by Evito; 1st October 2015 at 10:58.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

I know why this NPC from picture with tank protect set have so sad face... even he know what this gear looks like ****!

Having new dev good sign, but we still don't see anything new about LFG/LFR system. Developers say what such system have priority in their plans, and all other stuff must pushed back to date. And looks like LFG/LFR (or "instance finder" have very early stage). Why they don't give us at least T3-T4 nerf and T6 raids? People need updates, Funcom don't need "instace finder", they need "player finder" because people leave this game every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    They can still get the set bonus from 8 pieces of T5 gear. They just can't use the T5 set bonus with possible T6 gear if they haven't cleared T5 before (and rightfully so imo).

Those runes are a great idea. It solves so many issues from the past, now and in the future.
    It solves the old issue of some classes having to wear inferior gear statwise in order to get set bonus (like healers). It solves the future issue of T5 being completely forgotten (was about to open post about this).
    It also gives a great new way for Funcom to keep any dungeon/raid they want relevant even for the best geared chars. Imagine a quest to kill all bosses in T1 5 times. When done this gives rune with generic 1% damage mod and opens quest to do same in T2 for a new rune with 2% (does not stack with T1 one). Same for T3/T3.5 and voila, T1-T3.5 is relevant to farm for 20 weeks for every toon.
    Another option is to drop a runes with a specific buff that can not be gotten anywhere else. Imagine for example a full run in mines HM including Jade gives 1 token (1 day cooldown) and 10 of those tokes give a rune that gives 500 fire protection. All Entity loggers will suddenly start doing 6mans that were completely forgotten before.
    Those runes can also be class/archetype specific and can go completely wild on one stat so people want them all to customize their stats as best they can for every fight. The possibilities are endless.

Pve runes should not work for pvp, but system can work there too. Certain pvp or achievements in pvp can be rewarded with runes that are pvp focussed.

The more I think about it the more options I see and the best part is that they all look relatively easy to implement I think.
    Ah, well when you put it that way You have some nice ideas there, and I hope this stuff will happen.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast