Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Development letter for September.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    And Funcom is not Valve. However you look at it, your argument is flawed.
    i mentioned steam because they offer the protection for a price to developers like funcom, you are not trying to counter argument, just trolling and trying look bright while totally dodging the point, good luck with that.

Steam offers an anti-cheat software for Steamworks games. AoC is not a Steamworks game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Steam offers an anti-cheat software for Steamworks games. AoC is not a Steamworks game.
    There are more than one anti-cheat softwares available to developers on the web if they don't have the ressource and manpower to develop their own. Maybe your point is hack is part of internet games and doesnt disturb my raiding because you are only fighting against an AI with your guildmates so better spend all the ressource on the latter and totally ignore the rest, if you have any.

My point is that Funcom doesn't have the means (people and money) to either code an anti-cheat software or buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    and what you would do with those rewards, you capped son of a gun
    Its not for me😉 for a future in doing premades☺.
    Back in the day when u could just invite people and u had a premade group for the minis,people invited people they knew or tought they would own all other teams with, that were the glory days☺, nothing BEATS winning vs another premade grp.... back then u knew people would work togeather as a team to have a slight chanse of a win, chanses u met a premade grp was high and that was imo one of the most awesom and interesting aspects of this game😃😃
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    There are more than one anti-cheat softwares available to developers on the web if they don't have the ressource and manpower to develop their own. Maybe your point is hack is part of internet games and doesnt disturb my raiding because you are only fighting against an AI with your guildmates so better spend all the ressource on the latter and totally ignore the rest, if you have any.
    There are more than one and they all blow and bring their share of issues along with them. Combine that with the fact AoC is still dragging along an old buggy code from 2008* and you got a winner. Also the vast majority of the playerbase is pve players and cheating is hardly an issue there so there is no way this should be a priority for Funcom's reduced team. You can find out about them by looking at parses and simply exclude them from any raid/group. And you know what? If pvp wasn't just stupid pug minis the cheaters would instantly become a non-issue as well because it would be so easy to avoid them/ostracize them. Tbh even then they are still hardly an issue and there are way more lag related glitches than actual cheats. You can make a HoX slide all over the place doing pillars, without any cheats, just because of how stupid the netcode is. Did you know that? It's just an example among many.

*actually it's even older, but you know what I mean.
    Last edited by kalston; 6th October 2015 at 16:55.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    There are more than one and they all blow and bring their share of issues along with them. Combine that with the fact AoC is still dragging along an old buggy code from 2008* and you got a winner. Also the vast majority of the playerbase is pve players and cheating is hardly an issue there so there is no way this should be a priority for Funcom's reduced team. You can find out about them by looking at parses and simply exclude them from any raid/group. And you know what? If pvp wasn't just stupid pug minis the cheaters would instantly become a non-issue as well because it would be so easy to avoid them/ostracize them. Tbh even then they are still hardly an issue and there are way more lag related glitches than actual cheats. You can make a HoX slide all over the place doing pillars, without any cheats, just because of how stupid the netcode is. Did you know that? It's just an example among many.

*actually it's even older, but you know what I mean.
    So it's always the netcode fault, right? I know HoX is a special case with numerous bugs but when you receive damage or even cc instantly (or twice as fast) on a 3 sec combo and the combo animation is still going on afterward it can hardly be the netcode fault however yeah it can cause trouble to the server stability, when you see "clever" assassins or even better demos with perma speed also.

Is it hard for funcom to run their own server side parser and send an alarm to online gm for further checking when something clearly abnormal happened that if a fully fledged software is not possible, I am not sure?

The vast majority are pve players, it is not so vast anymore however i would add that the vast majority of pve players would be happy with more world bosses and dungeons because everyone can participate, i am pretty sure the vast majority of pve players dont have t5 on farm so t6 should absolutely not be a priority for funcom, right? Not my logic. However I am also pretty sure the craft revamp would interest more players overall in the game.

I understand you bored veteran players in top guilds who grinded to pvp10 and reconverted to pve after you couldn't farm pugs with premade anymore, pugs who stopped to sign if they didnt have a single chance because of team with huge gear/AA gap + fotm composition. Funny fact also is generally, third party program users are veteran members of top guilds, sometimes they get kicked with an alt if they are too obvious and flamed on global.

Talking about my priorities i will give some in no particular order: i would enjoy the rune system used in pvp to fix some imbalance issues vs pve and possibly to provide more diversity, a way to tone down some pve balanced broken in pvp classes who have it all (who said conqueror and dark templar), lowered hox aoe crit damage coef but not really a priority lol, craft revamp for pve but also for pvp, unchained minigame queue where you can sign up in group separated from random queue, more content in pve enjoyable by the majority not the vocal minority.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    The vast majority are pve players, it is not so vast anymore however i would add that the vast majority of pve players would be happy with more world bosses and dungeons because everyone can participate, i am pretty sure the vast majority of pve players dont have t5 on farm so t6 should absolutely not be a priority for funcom, right? Not my logic. However I am also pretty sure the craft revamp would interest more players overall in the game.
    I agree with this 100%.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910