Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Development letter for September.

Default Development letter for September.

Read it here http://www.ageofconan.com/news/month...september_2015

New dev.. What's his expertise? Designer? Coder?

Discuss.
    Last edited by Fass; 30th September 2015 at 23:36.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Welcome on board Mussagana!!

This letter seems fine....except the part about T5 set bonuses. Sezmra can be very confusing sometimes.

Does it mean that players who can't clear the whole raid will not be able to have any T5 set bonus?
    One rune for one buff and one rune at a time...can anyone help me understand how it will work ?
    How many tokens will one rune cost?

Mussanga, wasn't he a GM?

I'm interested in the LFR/LFG. That seems like A LOT of codework for Funcom. They're basically implementing a WoW-type raid/dungeon finder. A system that groups you with other players THEN teleports you to the instance? With rewards as well? I'll believe it when I see it.

i was hopping t6 armor looked more like this
    https://www.facebook.com/ageofconanh...type=3&theater
    perhaps a bit too fantasy-like for this game but i guess is allright, that's something i like of the universe of conan, everything is based on ancient cultures, its just that i don't feel the "epicness" on this armors... they looks good, but at least for me, they don't seem like a top tier gear.

anyhow, seeing progress on the development of this game is something to cheer about, the LFG/LFR is something that this game really needs, aswell as another develper to help. i don't know about t5 bonuses, but as far as i can tell, seems fine to me, that way t6 gear won't be too powerful to compete with t5.

i wish they could do the same with the old t1,2 and 3 gear, at this point, they are very useless for most classes.
    meh...

Hi new Dev!

Getting the big update done seems to be the biggest priority imo. T6, old raid nerfs... etc

Really isn't that many people that the effort put into a group/raid finder is feasible imo. Groups are easily filled in global and with the certain prereqs needed. Raid finder just randomly grouping people probably won't work.

By the time crafting revamp is even on TL, do you really think we have the population to fully utilize it?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

the new gear looks horrible
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

well) something going on. maybe this is not what lots of us need/want but it`s better then nothing)
    don`t realy care about t5-t6 but lol, m4gg0t is right!!! "the new gear looks horrible" and it also looks like mix of a few vanity sets from item shop, if not count those "helmets".
    craft revamp is still a fairy tale.
    i have a few q. about lfg/lfr.

"This will allow all players to experience the fantastic main storylines while collecting loot! We're still designing the rewards found in these raids; options include slightly toned down versions of existing loot from these instances, or a new token type awarded through the LFR system to be used at a new gear vendor. We'll share more about how these design efforts are going as we continue development."

slightly toned down versions of existing loot from these instances??? "toned down"? am i dreaming? looks like now in raids, drop so much loot that my pockets just tear off.
    guys! wait! need run to item shop and buy new giant bag! lol)))
    i was thinking about "significantly increase" and cut down CD to 3 days(

neh, who cares. sure not the community manager that communicate with us by two msg about weekly server restart and time to time a letter full of air(

Sorry! English is not my native language so something may sound stupid
    Last edited by Dieselconq; 1st October 2015 at 04:35.

I like this letter. It proves, if wants then Sezmra can do it well.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Mussanga, wasn't he a GM?

I'm interested in the LFR/LFG. That seems like A LOT of codework for Funcom. They're basically implementing a WoW-type raid/dungeon finder. A system that groups you with other players THEN teleports you to the instance? With rewards as well? I'll believe it when I see it.
    With less rewards...which opens the questions what the use is. There was an interesting thread on the forum on pros and cons of dungeon finders in general...and now it does not even sound like the new dungeon finder will be a convenience tool doing at least what can be done now already (different raid versions???). Sounds not like an improvement but more like a marketing stunt now to me.

Though in theory it sounds good, that they think about offering different and easier raid versions to experience the story, but not sure it is necessary to link that to a raid/group finder.

Basically the letter can be interpreted like "for all the plebs we have our pug lfr/lfg system, the pros can still group up by themselves for better rewards". Unless i missed them answering the question "can i access all raids and endgame content through such a system?" correctly Would not be the first time the official statements are prone to misinterpretation.

New Dev is a good sign.
    Retired

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast