Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Development letter for September.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by TribunLeader View Post
    which does not resolve the issue why its necessary to go through T5 again on our toons to be able to buy the runes from a vendor. do you really want to tell me you have to implement another checkup algorythm into the encounter to verify the kill of all T5 bosses despite the fact that the chronicler of deeds can do it already??

taking away the set bonuses and forcing players to buy them again with T5 tokens will not add any replay value it will only upset most of the players!

besides some ppl were saving T5 tokens for the weapon vendor and now have to grind even more, again no replay value but only frustration and upset.

Cirith, is that really your idea of making the game fun and interesting or do you just have to make these things work cause decisions been made already elsewhere?
    The reason a price has to be there rather than making it free based on achievements is so that future characters do not get these pretty powerful runes with only a minor effort, the runes do also offer significantly more power than the set bonus versions of them as they can be combined with any gear (including T6 gear) rather than restricted to T5 gear; therefore it is not completely unrealistic to expect to have to do some content to get them rather than just get a free upgrade. Personally I feel the price hits the middle ground between these factors.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    The reason a price has to be there rather than making it free based on achievements is so that future characters do not get these pretty powerful runes with only a minor effort, the runes do also offer significantly more power than the set bonus versions of them as they can be combined with any gear (including T6 gear) rather than restricted to T5 gear; therefore it is not completely unrealistic to expect to have to do some content to get them rather than just get a free upgrade. Personally I feel the price hits the middle ground between these factors.
    It seems like a fair compromise (since you can now also buy the lesser 5/8 version) but you will make the transition smoother if you increase weapon drop rate in T5 since people are also saving to buy weapons. Two more weapons should drop per clear, maybe one of them for Champion. It will also help to keep people somewhat interested in T5 when T6 hits live besides the obvious new relics grind if not already stocked for existing T5 raiding chars.
    Last edited by tafale; 2nd October 2015 at 21:05.

I think a cost of 90 relics is entirely fair, and people are blowing this issue out of proportion. Relics are very plentiful in T5 and anyone who's really raided it over the past year without alt-hopping constantly should have had an extra 90 or possibly way more tucked away before even finishing their set. Even if they used relics to buy minor pieces rather than wait for them to drop in fact.

However, now that people will have to grind relics both for weapons, as there doesn't drop nearly enough in the raid, as well as this runestone, you should consider making weapons more plentiful by adding drops to Champion or Vistrix in addition to having the raid vendor available. An alternative solution would be to have the costs for weapons be far lower than those in T4, as 240 relics for a 2handed weapon and 90 for a major rune is too grindy for newcomers to the raid.

If we are going to have to spend T5 relics to rebuy something we already have earned, the least you can do is lower the cost for the rune and/or cut the relic cost for T5 weapons (2h from 240 to 120, and 1h from 120 to 60 should be ok).

And ffs increase the drop rate on weapons, 2 per clear since T5 came out a year ago is just bad.

While I'm thinking about it, I sure hope the same issues aren't present when T6 comes out and a proper amount of weapons are on the loot tables from the beginning.
    Last edited by Texan615; 2nd October 2015 at 21:39.

Maybe it would be a better solution to do a gear check instead? So by talking to a NPC and you have 3 pieces of T5 armor equipped you get the a rune with first level buff, when you have 5 pieces of T5 armor equipped you get a rune for the second level buff, and when you have 8 pieces of T5 armor equipped you get a rune with third level buff. So it will have the same requirements as today, but that you will have to talk to a NPC to get a runes for it!

Then people that have already achieved the gear will get the buffs for free. And T5 will have more replay value as people need to acquire full set to get the best runes!

I think we almost all agree on this ^^

T5 needs one more weapon per run.

yes why not, but its possible change or fix table loot because all the time we have dagger sin or weapons ranger, and that not change realy weeks after weeks.
    " The only matter I do not take seriously, boy, is you.
    Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child.
    And apparently, you have alienated my favourite game, conan.
    I will honour our agreement fool, if you bring me that i have asked you.
    But if you return to me empty handed again... I will bathe the starways in your blood."

The reason a price has to be there rather than making it free based on achievements is so that future characters do not get these pretty powerful runes with only a minor effort
    which is reasonable for the future, no argue about that!

but the issue at hand is with those who already put their time and efforts in raiding T5 to get those 8 pieces. which except maybe for a few lucky classes wasnt just a piece of cake.
    so telling ppl that all their efforts were just for fun and giggles and the main reason they been working for, the set bonus, is taken away from them and they have to buy it back from a vendor still leaves a very bad taste in the mouth. I really do hope you can come up with a better solution untill your ready to deploy the update.

just a short and not too unrealistic example which does not only hit a small minority of those who raid T5:
    a player raids T5 for something like lets say half a year plus, finally gets his 8 pieces together to enjoy the set bonus.
    but surprise, you slap him into the face by stripping him of the set bonus and make him raid T5 to get 90 more tokens to buy back his set bonus with a rune...
    these cases are where the potential for frustration and anger is.
    Last edited by TribunLeader; 3rd October 2015 at 00:29.

Cirith

Any clarification on the LFG / LFR function and the alternate Loot for that?

It seems a waste to provide yet another set of less powerful T4/t3/erlik armor. either NERF the lower tiers like you said before, and let people get that gear, or just drop the nerfs and make people work for the gear.

it seems your trying to go both ways and its just gonna end up really confusing.
    if you do mean there will be another lowerpowered version of armor for each tier.. a its confusing, b why fight for the higher powered stuff when people will just move onto other tiers. seems like a waste of time and resources.

as for test live. I think weve had all bosses except the 6th and last boss.

are we still on track for tier6 being released this year along with the previously mentioned nerfs for t3/t4/erlik? or are the nerfs only to be included in the LFR function (etc) and will we have to wait for LFR to see tier 6?

The core issue is rather the weapons drop rate so far and players saving up for them ,so 90 relics more will seem a bit steep to someone still missing about 2 or 3 weapons.Needless to say if the vendor wasn't coming a good number of "unlucky" players would have already quit on weapons.I agree the price hits the middle ground between the factors you mentioned but do consider increasing the number of weapons dropping and/or reducing their prices or reduce the rune's price.Adding 1 guaranteed shard/weapon drop from champion and vistrix wouldn't hurt the way i see it.The raid will stay relevant and with t6 on the way it doesn't matter if players gear up a bit too fast anymore.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast