Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Development letter for September.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Don't bother spending time on this if it's too hard but could it be possible to sell back T5 gear to vendors?
    Many people including myself are saving relics for a while now while waiting for the vendor that will sell weapons (240 relics at least for most to buy two weapons). Now however we also need to save relics to buy T5 bonuses so we need over 300 relics after already having farmed the whole set from T5 which is an effort that is now barely rewarded if at all. That doesn't seem right.

On the other side now that the amount of T5 pieces does not matter anymore for the strength of your finesse hit or set bonus many if not all classes could have the option to sell some minor, or even major set pieces back to the vendor and replacing them with better T4 counterparts.
    l agree........................
    " The only matter I do not take seriously, boy, is you.
    Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child.
    And apparently, you have alienated my favourite game, conan.
    I will honour our agreement fool, if you bring me that i have asked you.
    But if you return to me empty handed again... I will bathe the starways in your blood."

I just see all this gear nerf "until you clear" the instance as another way to exclude the majority of the community. A few of the guilds that used to clear T5 on the Euro side no longer do so, Only one U.S. guild is clearing T5. Prophets has been bleeding members for almost a year now and merged with Req Nex to keep our community together. If funcom does more to make things harder then they are just slitting their own necks because if this doesn't work then we lose all those players from Prophets and from the Req Nex U.S. time zone. For those in the exclusive ranks I am happy for you and you will have no issues getting your rune stone even if you have to buy it, for those still trying is another stumbling block that did not have to get placed there. If the gear nerf is about PVP then I sure hope all the PVE players you keep losing is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I just see all this gear nerf "until you clear" the instance as another way to exclude the majority of the community. A few of the guilds that used to clear T5 on the Euro side no longer do so, Only one U.S. guild is clearing T5. Prophets has been bleeding members for almost a year now and merged with Req Nex to keep our community together. If funcom does more to make things harder then they are just slitting their own necks because if this doesn't work then we lose all those players from Prophets and from the Req Nex U.S. time zone. For those in the exclusive ranks I am happy for you and you will have no issues getting your rune stone even if you have to buy it, for those still trying is another stumbling block that did not have to get placed there. If the gear nerf is about PVP then I sure hope all the PVE players you keep losing is worth it.
    We had to kill Vistrix without set bonuses, no reason others can't.

Cool Great news!!!!

Excellent idea that we have to prove that we killed kylikki ( weapons can't prove it, maybe we used hacks and got them. Super that we have to grind to take something that already had but u took it back , IS IT SURE THAT U ARENT GOING TO TAKE THEM BACK AGAIN??

I have some excellent ideas that I'm sure u will find them very interesting as they are similar to your thinking:

1) reset alternative advancement so we start from scratch again woohoo!!!
    2)reset PvP levels
    3)everyone should kill again all bosses from scratch and with an order ( if someone hasn't kill let's say some T2 boss don't allow him to go to T3 ) screenshot and timestamp for every player seperatly
    4) delete all armors and weapons so we have to fight to get them back, * please don't add new ones let us get the same ones its more fun
    5) remove godslayer expansion and add it as new content after 2 years ,with same factions,same dungeons .... uber fun
    6)please please reset levels to 0 so we all get back to beautiful tortage and give us the fun to level again to 80...

Don't know which is more sad ... u cirith and others that making us grind for something we earned and spent hours of playing or players trying negotiate with u about this , like please let us sell our armor to taken tokens to buy rune which I had but u developers decided to take it back, please fix loot so more urns drop from bosses..... ARE U F..... KIDDDING???

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    We had to kill Vistrix without set bonuses, no reason others can't.
    I am sure you had folks with three pieces of gear on vissy, if not good for you. Its easy to be elite when your last U.S. end game guild left, but I have no idea how your going to fill up in the future if others don't succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I am sure you had folks with three pieces of gear on vissy, if not good for you. Its easy to be elite when your last U.S. end game guild left, but I have no idea how your going to fill up in the future if others don't succeed.
    I don't think anyone agrees with Funcom's currently stated plan for T5 set bonuses, as they only mention the 8 set bonus being tied to Kylikki achievement. What some of us are suggesting is to equate the existing 3/5/8 piece bonuses to runes tied to Vistrix/Champ/Kyl achievements. Hell, make it Yak/Vistrix/Champ for that matter as some of us had the 5 pcs armor bonus while still working on Champ, and 8 pcs bonus while still working on Kylikki. And no, our guild did not have any 3 piece bonuses for Vistrix, we only had 6 Yak kills before that, so everyone had 0-2 pcs gear.

And I'm sure nobody agrees with having to pay any t5 relics to reacquire the set bonuses we already have earned.

All of you whiners can't grasp the bigger picture and the mess caused by T5 set bonuses.
    As it stands developers are in a big trouble designing any new gear because of T5 bonuses being too powerful in some cases and being totally useless for some classes which would imply that any future content and gear would require them to apply T5 set bonuses to which becomes a burden from a designing and balancing point of view. Not only that, but I am quite sure Cirith already mentioned that creating those big set bonuses requires more resources and time so getting rid of them in that form is actually an investment for the future.

I don't really understand all the complaints, it is not like anything is getting entirely removed from the game. It will also make T5 relevant to certain extent once T6 is released, otherwise it would be the most useless raid ever.
    You have to consider the general benefits and what it will do for the game. Not only that the runes are solving an issue that would otherwise stagger all the future gear design choices but it actually creates an endless possibilities to expand the system in the future and create so many interesting things.

You could have Major and Minor runes in the future that you could combine together giving you any sorts of things, passive or active, class specific improvements, combos, buffs, abilities, etc.
    The runes could drop in the future unchained 6 man instances or Slithering chaos or any other instances and not only raids.
    That would be a good way to make 6 man dungeons relevant for T5/T6 high end toons as well.

As I said the concept is great and has a lot of potential beside that it fixes the current issues caused by T5 set bonuses.
    There is no ideal solution for this but something had to be done and this is probably the best way.

What devs should consider though is making the runes not so expensive token wise to make some kind of compromise. Players that have already farmed the gear should't need ages to buy the runes, killing all 4 bosses is a good requirement already so the token price could be low.

So chill out ppl its not the end of the world, it is actually quite positive news.
    Last edited by Redd; 2nd October 2015 at 08:55. Reason: typo
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Now there is also the possibility that Kyllikki will see some minor (not the extent of other tiers in the patch) changes to the balance and (...)
    I very much hope this will 'fix' the silly way the boss can be killed while dodging main mechanic of the fight.

That would mean that apart from 3 guilds everyone will have to re-progress on Kyllikki to actually earn their T5 bonuses which would make me smile quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I very much hope this will 'fix' the silly way the boss can be killed while dodging main mechanic of the fight.

That would mean that apart from 3 guilds everyone will have to re-progress on Kyllikki to actually earn their T5 bonuses which would make me smile quite a bit.
    You would smile that other guilds fail and you and a few get to stand alone in your elite corner while more quit the game? I don't mean to be a big bitch today but I am very tired of watching the U.S side of things die.

Default Redd

The problem is, they force us to do t5 again many many many times to take sthing we earned and had great fun doing. Its not fun forcing us to replay it. As paying customers we deserve respect from company we aren't 5told. Don't mind fixing,balance,whatever... just give it back after fixing to players that already earned it free

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast