Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Hooray ? Consists of ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Utogi View Post
    Simply put, this combat system is dated and broken.
    I've only played three other MMOs of this genre; UO, Everquest and LotRO. Of these, AoC has the, hands down, best and greatest combat system.

Heck, in ALL ways - except for the merchant and economy system in UO - AoC is, by far, the winner. Oh, I like the environment of LotRO better; I mean, hey, it's Middle Earth! But overall AoC is a far superior product, even with it's few faults.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    I've only played three other MMOs of this genre; UO, Everquest and LotRO. Of these, AoC has the, hands down, best and greatest combat system.

Heck, in ALL ways - except for the merchant and economy system in UO - AoC is, by far, the winner. Oh, I like the environment of LotRO better; I mean, hey, it's Middle Earth! But overall AoC is a far superior product, even with it's few faults.
    For myself all of those games are classic tradition combat oriented games. I'm a life time subscriber to LotrO and I the only plus combat wise is the mounted combat, itis epicly fun to play and they took the chance to introduce something new.

As far as the Everquest and UO again dated and traditional combat.

All I can say is try different games and see how action combat feels , then comeback to AoC. It is like night and day. Action click combos is for me at least way more engaging and fluid then macroing a combo into a g key or watching someone using a full blown scripts in mini games. The AoC combat system has been so exploited that I doubt anyone even does combos in real time. That's why I feel it has been broken for a long time.

Fury has abbout 200 players, crom , maybe 1000 ? what is there to lose by trying to update the combat system ?

You are just bad it , doesn't mean other games have a better combat system just because you fail less at it.
    All I hear from you is "cheats , macros, scripts, bad Russians"
    Aoc has an awesome and unique combat system
    If you have quit playing and don't like it then please don't spread the typhoid on forums
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Well, since I don't PvP, the only cheating I'll ever see is that of my own doing.

That being the case if I cheat, I'm only cheating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    Well, since I don't PvP, the only cheating I'll ever see is that of my own doing.

That being the case if I cheat, I'm only cheating myself.
    fun fact, AoC was never supposed to be a pve game

While your statement MAY be true, its no longer a PVP game, the PVP population does not have to sub, the majority of players who are still here are PVE who do sub to the game. But before we get into a flame fest of PVP vs PVE, we need to come to the realization that the game is what it is, we can't change what was messed up and not done along the way, and they don't have the money to fix things that might bring players back. So if you here, embrace what we have and accept it, or move along, as did MILLIONS of people who initially bought this game.
    We have what we have and either we like playing it or we don't but expecting much at this point is just waiting to be disappointed, (again).

I doubt that. There have always been fleshed out PvE systems in this game. Even from the long long time ago.

For myself all of those games are classic tradition combat oriented games. ... Action click combos is for me at least way more engaging and fluid then macroing a combo into a g key or watching someone using a full blown scripts in mini games. The AoC combat system has been so exploited that I doubt anyone even does combos in real time.
    Maybe it feels like that because your main is a ToS? Casters in AoC are no doubt traditional.

But melees are a different story. AoC has hit boxes and collision control, which are key to "action-based" combat. The main aspect which still is "traditional" is that melees remain rooted for the duration of the combo finisher. By contrast, the difference between traditional arcade-style combos (which you describe) and AoC's combo starter+steps system is rather marginal. The main difference is that, in an arcade-style system, you need a better memory, and in AoC's system, you need to manage more keybindings. Discussing which of these systems requires more "skill" is pretty pointless.

Also, macroing is rather pointless, other than for potions...
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Maybe it feels like that because your main is a ToS? Casters in AoC are no doubt traditional.

But melees are a different story. AoC has hit boxes and collision control, which are key to "action-based" combat. The main aspect which still is "traditional" is that melees remain rooted for the duration of the combo finisher. By contrast, the difference between traditional arcade-style combos (which you describe) and AoC's combo starter+steps system is rather marginal. The main difference is that, in an arcade-style system, you need a better memory, and in AoC's system, you need to manage more keybindings. Discussing which of these systems requires more "skill" is pretty pointless.

Also, macroing is rather pointless, other than for potions...
    I like the arcade style as you put (please try skyforge to at least understand what im talking about) because if I move out of the way of melee im not still getting tagged for maximum damage 30 feet away simply because the finisher landed.... not a lot of skill with that at all.

I had melee character in the past at pvp 5 or so, and all I did was program the combo into my G key and owned. Which is 100% legal in the game. My HoX was one of the first to comb in the game at launch, Ive been on the other side of the "win" and I can say, 99% of people playing melee now, are not legit (on fury). unless players are playing with all fingers and toes and other body parts doing melee, they aren't doing half the stuff that EVERYONE sees in the pvp.

I believe if Funcom took ideas from all of the action based games and compiled them into Age of Conan, the game would have new life and a fresh player base. If that means losing this old tired bitching and whining cheater player-base that is currently here, so be it. This game needs new players and a new direction, our time is over.
    Last edited by Utogi; 9th September 2015 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    While your statement MAY be true, its no longer a PVP game, the PVP population does not have to sub, the majority of players who are still here are PVE who do sub to the game. But before we get into a flame fest of PVP vs PVE, we need to come to the realization that the game is what it is, we can't change what was messed up and not done along the way, and they don't have the money to fix things that might bring players back. So if you here, embrace what we have and accept it, or move along, as did MILLIONS of people who initially bought this game.
    We have what we have and either we like playing it or we don't but expecting much at this point is just waiting to be disappointed, (again).
    Pvp players have to sub, It's not about the gear, its AA, u wont get any aa unless u farm pve or have timer ;')
    And I think 80% from the content in this game is made by pvp sub money, :P
    The Law

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast