Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk In-game Store Items (for those who don't Log in TL forum)

Default Lets Talk In-game Store Items (for those who don't Log in TL forum)

Anyone here ever think that the In-game store would be more successful if items were account wide and not per Character.
    This has to be something that annoys people or makes people feel like Funcom thinks everyone has this endless supply of money.

Between subscriptions and the in-game store which one do you want us to spend our money on Funcom both? Well the some of the amounts
    you want for certain items in your Store would pay for a subscription. An I'm sure people want to pay for a subscription for end-game over the
    crazy prices on your store items. Your system has no discount for how long players have played this game. Just a premium discount. Which isn't even great.
    It should have a veterans discount too if played over a certain number of years.

But I think the main attention is that a lot of the items need to be account wide or lower the cost of a item. 20 dollars for one item for one Character,
    Just to get 200+ dollars in your Store from you players to put that same item on multiple Characters is highway robbery and you wonder why your in
    a rut. This game is Worth playing in a certain area of aspects, but your marketing team just out right sucks and doesn't listen to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    Anyone here ever think that the In-game store would be more successful if items were account wide and not per Character.
    This has to be something that annoys people or makes people feel like Funcom thinks everyone has this endless supply of money.

Between subscriptions and the in-game store which one do you want us to spend our money on Funcom both? Well the some of the amounts
    you want for certain items in your Store would pay for a subscription. An I'm sure people want to pay for a subscription for end-game over the
    crazy prices on your store items. Your system has no discount for how long players have played this game. Just a premium discount. Which isn't even great.
    It should have a veterans discount too if played over a certain number of years.

But I think the main attention is that a lot of the items need to be account wide or lower the cost of a item. 20 dollars for one item for one Character,
    Just to get 200+ dollars in your Store from you players to put that same item on multiple Characters is highway robbery and you wonder why your in
    a rut. This game is Worth playing in a certain area of aspects, but your marketing team just out right sucks and doesn't listen to people.
    The majority of AoC players are F2P and Funcom is in grave finical debt, one of the few ways they actually take in some money is through the redundant store pricing. I get your point and agree, but reality: nothing will change.

Protip for Funcom: If you want to invest in Lego, buy shares. Don't make absurd games which people forget once they try it. Go to Gamestop and look at the used section, nothing but Lego games. People buy them once, play it, then trash it. How did you think you all could do better? lol
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post

I'm kind of scared about how much money I would spend if everything (pets, mounts, vanity, gear, bank slots, etc) was account wide (on unlimited claim so you could delete / grab again if you had inventory issues).

Makes me really wonder what kind of Sales Funcom is regularly getting out of the store, for each of the different categories of items.

With the item shop not being updated hardly at all for years (besides new inventory bags and those Special loot chests), I would have to imagine sales are dwindling.

The item store is near useless, nothing worthy of purchase other than a few vanity sets.

Teleports are useful in groups or raids when you log another char, ressurection pot for groups, AA/exp pots arent bad and the bags/bank slots aren't as well (the latter too expensive for me though).

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The majority of AoC players are F2P and Funcom is in grave finical debt, one of the few ways they actually take in some money is through the redundant store pricing. I get your point and agree, but reality: nothing will change.

Protip for Funcom: If you want to invest in Lego, buy shares. Don't make absurd games which people forget once they try it. Go to Gamestop and look at the used section, nothing but Lego games. People buy them once, play it, then trash it. How did you think you all could do better? lol
    You are right about the majority of players being f2p (most likely!) and that nothing will probably change unless they change some top ranking personnel.
    But i don't agree with your implecation that these prices actually do earn them money. At the very least they could earn a LOT more with decent prices and balanced products...i go even as far as to say, that the greedy pricing model is costing them money and customers (even if some buy it for that price, the majority is annoyed imo...and the market is not rigid enough to enforce prices).

Your second point makes me think of how franchise companies act. I doubt funcom had much freedom or income marge there (unless TSW and AoC). Gamewise, just look at the reviews about the game that came before and about funcoms remake.

Ingame store and veteran merchant both need some desperate love. I would want to buy a few things from ingame store, but it is just too expensive for pixels on my screen. We're talking pretty big money for extras that are supposed to be "micro transactions" but it all end up costing more than the subscription of the game. Expanded inventory and bank slots? €50 please. Too much. It's pixels on a screen on a game I've paid subscription on for 7 years. And they want me to pay that amount of money for bigger inventory or more bank space.

Reduce the prices, and many more will buy more from the in game shop. And add new items. Put all the stuff from the trader that sells 4h buff potions on veteran trader! Cursebreaker charms, crit buff pots, etc..

And another thing that bugs me.. Why aren't raid tokens/relics account wide. I have 5 rare relics on my Demo, which has the three big pieces from T3 years ago. I have combined 300 simple III on some chars that don't need them. Should be able to buy gear for my alts for that, instead of it rotting on the geared chars. More alternatives to usage could be welcome, spending them on shards in T3 feels so damn wasted.

Signed , relics/tokens should be account wide and vet trader definitely needs new items
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

There should be new stuff on the item shop every month. When is the last time anything new was added... last year?

Should be new vet items added every year.

They are so far behind, they cannot do simple things that make money.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    There should be new stuff on the item shop every month. When is the last time anything new was added... last year?

Should be new vet items added every year.

They are so far behind, they cannot do simple things that make money.
    They could let players design the items and send them in...with a min/max price suggestion by the player. I could make them concept art or models with a 3d editor myself, stat balance algorithm included (i used one to compare the power of the pvp items and it gave reasonable results).

I also have screenshots of some existing already ingame items npcs use. They can also sell extra emotes variants (as well as add those to ingame vendors for tokens!), dyes and single use enchantments (to modify an item of choice ONCE (these would work as crafting addons and special drops ingame too)).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 18th August 2015 at 16:31.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast