Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOC Dungeon Finder

Default AOC Dungeon Finder

TSW's Issue # 12 patch dropped today, which includes a new Social panel for TSW players. The Social panel allows players to post for a specific Mission / Dungeon / Raid, the roles for other players they are seeking, the Area in which the Mission / Dungeon / Raid is placed, and any notes they wish to add. Only Active LFGs are shown, with the oldest active LFG being displayed at the top of the list but the list is sortable by any of the columns.

So, let's have something like this in AOC! The devs coded this for TSW so adding a Social panel to AOC couldn't be that much of a challenge (or so I would surmise). The current system of using Global and LFG chat is highly inefficient and burdensome to keep track of. If more players are able to easily find groups for content, especially raids, this will keep more people in the game.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    TSW's Issue # 12 patch dropped today, which includes a new Social panel for TSW players. The Social panel allows players to post for a specific Mission / Dungeon / Raid, the roles for other players they are seeking, the Area in which the Mission / Dungeon / Raid is placed, and any notes they wish to add. Only Active LFGs are shown, with the oldest active LFG being displayed at the top of the list but the list is sortable by any of the columns.

So, let's have something like this in AOC! The devs coded this for TSW so adding a Social panel to AOC couldn't be that much of a challenge (or so I would surmise). The current system of using Global and LFG chat is highly inefficient and burdensome to keep track of. If more players are able to easily find groups for content, especially raids, this will keep more people in the game.
    In case you don't know:

The Devs are already working on a Dungeon finder, that was discussed in several threads and of course this dungeon finder system is ported into AoC from TSW, just how the Dev CirithGorgor told in the interview that Slith had with him.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    In case you don't know:

The Devs are already working on a Dungeon finder, that was discussed in several threads and of course this dungeon finder system is ported into AoC from TSW, just how the Dev CirithGorgor told in the interview that Slith had with him.
    OK, thank you. I remember a AOC Dungeon Finder being mentioned but I thought it was just an idea being discussed, not something that was planned. I am glad we will see this in AOC eventually.

Found the interview with Google search.

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2015/...th-gorgor.html

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post

Don't we fill Raids fine by spamming Global and LFG channel? Seems to be working.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

From the interview, "I know people will say that the crafting system should be the priority, but here I will strongly disagree, a dungeon finder with linked systems and rewards for daily dungeons/raids I believe is more important to the long term longevity of the game. Bringing more people together into social situations where guilds can form/recruit and allowing more players to access our dungeons and raids which I believe stand up there with the absolute best in any MMO. This is a feature which is overdue and creates a lot of opportunities for the game and it is rightfully a top priority."

All depends how the dungeon finder is ported to Aoc. We are not like TSW, so there are certain prereqs for certain raids/dungeons.

If it just blindy sets groups like mini game scheme then no one will bother using it. For example, 5 tanks and a ranger for tian'an...

Although that would be funny, it probably wouldn't work.

How is this finder going to know if certain roles have the required AAs, gear, and exp? As much as I hate seeing those plastered in global, you won't get nothing done.

Hopefully they take the time to set it up right, not just do a copy and paste from TSW, and call it a day for Aoc.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    All depends how the dungeon finder is ported to Aoc. We are not like TSW, so there are certain prereqs for certain raids/dungeons.

If it just blindy sets groups like mini game scheme then no one will bother using it. For example, 5 tanks and a ranger for tian'an...

Although that would be funny, it probably wouldn't work.

How is this finder going to know if certain roles have the required AAs, gear, and exp? As much as I hate seeing those plastered in global, you won't get nothing done.

Hopefully they take the time to set it up right, not just do a copy and paste from TSW, and call it a day for Aoc.
    This could be quite difficult to implement and bring in more player decline even, if done wrong. Just imagine a threshold for rogues to be only allowed to join a certain group if they have AA perks. But in the fight really only one char needs it...then it would rule out rogues for additional dps.

What they could do is doing feat build checks and AA checks to determine if the whole group lacks some threshhold perks and put up a note to the finder. For example: "This group needs still a main tank with perk xy" or so. Or "more dps needed for a boss fight with dps race"...or just make the stats of the best chars from the trinity visible to possible joining people, so they can judge the difficulty, chance of progression or time .

But do the "allowed to join" algorithm too tight it will be counterproductive...just like the "aa, xp, gear" philosophy has been to new players, atmosphere and communication as well as game knowledge, patience and challenge.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st August 2015 at 07:57.

i think it'll prove too difficult and time consuming to make an automated dungeon/raid finder and they'll just settle for improving the GUI and functionality of the existing one. It will probably end up looking like TSW's new social panel:

https://youtu.be/PBzdLUYIpNg?t=38m2s
    Last edited by krippa; 22nd August 2015 at 16:25.

what about f2p and sub players? if this "finder" will work like game chat(global/sub and nph/f2p), i think it will be usless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast