Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom, whats going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It's wb week, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    If someone says MMO I think of a game with maybe a few hundred thousand players ...
    Sounds like BOTH of you would be happier elsewhere. What's stopping you BTW?

Oh ~ and I still stand by my earlier statement; things could be worse.

Slack; stay in your PvP area. At least there you don't sound as stupid.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Obvious troll is obvious
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

The games state is sad and I have to agree with slackjoint. There is only one server left with a "population" but it can't be called a MMO Game population, there are minecraft servers that have more players on them.

And what are the community managers doing for AoC? Almost nothing at all. Isn't it their main task to communicate and interact with the community of the game? I see here nothing, there is only one message sometimes that the servers get restarted... and even this message was copied from TSW Forums, so they didn't even took the effort to change the word "TSW" to "AoC"... I am sorry but I can't believe that they care so less about the game, they are already doing almost nothing like starting a community event (like they do in TSW -.-) and can't even rewrite a message that comes up in the forums once a week?
    Many players here did more for the community, they started events make videos about the game and try to let the game SURVIVE...
    The game will die, there is no way around it in it's current state. In the last years AoC had only a low population and bad reputation but it seems like the people that are still here get more and more mad about the game too. FC drives even the veteran players away from their game who were the last people that kept the game alive.

Just saying... http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uplo...e3rygnxb6f.png its 3:30 in the morning on a german minecraft server. If you call AoC's amount of population decent or acceptable you clearly have never played other online games.
    Last edited by xCodename; 9th August 2015 at 01:37.

Obvious troll is obvious
    Amazing comeback ~ laughable really.

Still dont know why you guy's are talking $*** but STILL continue to play ...

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    The games state is sad and I have to agree with slackjoint. There is only one server left with a "population" but it can't be called a MMO Game population, there are minecraft servers that have more players on them.

And what are the community managers doing for AoC? Almost nothing at all. Isn't it their main task to communicate and interact with the community of the game? I see here nothing, there is only one message sometimes that the servers get restarted... and even this message was copied from TSW Forums, so they didn't even took the effort to change the word "TSW" to "AoC"... I am sorry but I can't believe that they care so less about the game, they are already doing almost nothing like starting a community event (like they do in TSW -.-) and can't even rewrite a message that comes up in the forums once a week?
    Many players here did more for the community, they started events make videos about the game and try to let the game SURVIVE...
    The game will die, there is no way around it in it's current state. In the last years AoC had only a low population and bad reputation but it seems like the people that are still here get more and more mad about the game too. FC drives even the veteran players away from their game who were the last people that kept the game alive.

Just saying... http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uplo...e3rygnxb6f.png its 3:30 in the morning on a german minecraft server. If you call AoC's amount of population decent or acceptable you clearly have never played other online games.
    Its sad, but its the truth. Community Management blatantly does zero for our community. Every month, simple elements like WB, theres always something broken and it takes days of excuses to fix. Games beyond repair, I am grateful for what a number of people did for this game, blogs, info pages, gear list, etc, they did more for the community than management ever has or will. Funcom couldn't even do a basic feat planner for us.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

(...)
    My favorite entry was when tomium posted in aoc forums that the TSW servers will be down.

(...)
    LOL he did that?
    damn i've been missing a lot of fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    LOL he did that?
    damn i've been missing a lot of fun stuff.
    That happend more then once. At least twice in the last few month. Its just copy&paste from tsw forum. Both games run on same server farm. Says a lot in my eyes about aoc priority and especialy about Tomium's motivation....

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I stand with my point : AoC is a sub-based game w.cash shop+paid extensions, almost in maintenance mode. You can only wish that the player hemorragy is slower than expected.
    Maintenance mode - sure, Cirith was pretty clear about it (if anyone still had doubts based on the update cycle). Hemorrhage - population is certainly dwindling, but it is doing so more slowly than expected by FC themselves. Which proves that AoC has a small but loyal base of players who don't find it easy to quit. Maybe Funcom would use this as a basis for modest investments if they could - but other constraints (company almost bankrupt, B2P business model for TSW) mean that they aren't in a position to do so.

Note however that, if they go bankrupt, it's not certain that AoC will be kept up and running even if it is (modestly) profitable. Previously, bankruptcy rumours were unfounded, but this time FC have confirmed themselves that it is serious.

I still don't know what community managers have to do , obviously it is NOT managing the community (at least not AoC community)
    They seem to be quite active on TSW's twitter page...
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    They seem to be quite active on TSW's twitter page...
    This is something that makes me very angry. I have never played TSW I just go sometimes to their forums to see what's happening there and the community managers care so much more about the TSW community than for one from AoC. They call themself "Community Managers" in this forum but post nearly nothing, just some server restart things and sometimes a monthly letter where we just get to hear the same s*** over and over again, so no real information.
    People like Moriala, Cynara, Johara, Slith and Hernyx or many other people did far more for the community in terms of helping players with sites where you can get information about gear / class / vanity / quests and so many other things.
    I am not judigng the developers or even the forum moderators, they are doing their jobs as good as they can (forum moderators are doing it for free) but I am really dissapointet from the community managers since they are doing almost nothing for us. It's not their job to only post about server restarts, that could every programmed Bot do for us, they have the task to interact with the community and start such things like RP-PvP / PvE events (I am not talking about a huge new boss with new mechanics like an Update for the game, just something where players can "play with", no big loot just some fun for the community, in the german forums the player "Sinada" started a row of PvP RP Events "Blut und Sand" where you have a turnament like PvP Event and she did this event 5 times!), or just some small forum event, just to show that they care about the community but I don't see anything like that. Also it's their task to enlarge the community by showing it on maybe Youtube or making the games reputation better. They (Now I mean FC and the community managers) simply have to care about the game, no game will become popular if it is already forgotten / hated by everyone, you will just drive away your last people from your game with the current attitude towards AoC.

I am not sure why they behave like that, maybe it's FC who said them to care more about TSW since it has the bigger playerbase... I really don't know. But their "rank" as community manager is just overrated in my opinion. As I already said, players like Moriala and Hernyx show off the game on youtube, Cynara and Johara or SLith made so damn good sites about gear / feats / Bosses and so on, they should have earned the rank as community manager (Slith made an INTERVIEW with a developer, why the hell can't someone who works for FC do the same?! So hard to wirte an email to a "workmate"? It's so sad that players have to do their job instead...) since they really care about us and don't want the game to die.

Really sorry about being so pis*** right now but it makes me just mad that FC and it's "minions" (developers excluded) let such a great game moulder by not doing anything for it.

EDIT: There was once a german community manager (Waldgeist) who really cared about AoC, he was really great but got fired by FC... so just saying, there were better times with our com. managers
    Last edited by xCodename; 10th August 2015 at 13:26.

Maybe he got fired because he cared ?
    Do a payment on the aoc account side -> get linked to the TSW page
    That says exactly what funcom wants , if you ask me
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast